closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Residuals- Submariner 116610 LN & LV

Rolex Residuals- Submariner 116610 LN & LV

I'm going to look at the above 2 models later today with a view to purchasing one or the other. I haven't yet decided which one although the LV is probably the favourite.

This will be my most expensive watch purchase by some margin so I'm airing on the side of caution. If I do purchase my intention is to keep it for the long term but the time will soon come when I need to get on the property ladder so I may have to sell it :-(

For this reason, understandably, I dont want to lose a large amount of a cash on it. So I was wondering how the secondhand values of these newer Subs were holding up?

And is the extra £300 that the LV costs over the LN reflected in these values?

I've not seen many on SC so I guess either Rolex haven't sold as many of the 116610 or people are hanging on to them.

Thanks in advance
    Luke

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looking at second hand values, I reckon you'll probably loose a grand and a bit come sale time. However, as Rolex prices are always on the up, this loss could potentially get smaller.
    In terms of which one to buy, I'd go LV personally.

IMO, the 116610LN will always sell as good as the 116610LV because although IMO the LV is quite special, a lot of people who may only have the one watch will generally sway to the black model as it would be considered more versatile/do everything. The LV I doubt would be someone's only watch. So because of this, I would say concentrate on getting the best price you can, as if you pay full retail, as above you will initially lose around a grand and I can't see you making that back until you've had the watch for 5 years plus. How about buying a used model and in a few years time as the price increases take effect you should in theory be evens if you were to sell or maybe even walk away with a profit?

Thanks guys. I should have mentioned that I will not being paying the RRP as through my employer I'm entitled to a discount. Hence my reason for buying new.

The consensus seems to be that the watch will be worth around £5k as soon as it leaves the store. That's not too bad but a bit worse than I had expected.

I'll let you know how I get on later.

Luke

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    IMO, the 116610LN will always sell as good as the 116610LV because although IMO the LV is quite special, a lot of people who may only have the one watch will generally sway to the black model as it would be considered more versatile/do everything. The LV I doubt would be someone's only watch. So because of this, I would say concentrate on getting the best price you can, as if you pay full retail, as above you will initially lose around a grand and I can't see you making that back until you've had the watch for 5 years plus. How about buying a used model and in a few years time as the price increases take effect you should in theory be evens if you were to sell or maybe even walk away with a profit?
    I agree with the above, but would just add, assuming you will be wearing it, choose the one you like the look of/will enjoy wearing the most.

Good luck with your purchase

Jon

As above...buy the one you will enjoy wearing the most.

If it was me I d go for the lv. Very special watch IMO

Over the longer term, the residuals are better than anything else you can get. I wouldn't worry about the difference between them, and would get the one that you feel passionate about.

David

Master
    I brought two sub c ceramics over the last 2 years and sold both as I brought a TT and broke even both times. The price increase helped both times.

Residuals

LV will be the bet option, although it has a smaller market of buyers it is made in much smaller numbers (still lots about though), and will always cost that much more - great dial too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Unfortunately my local store had no stock of either model so I'll have to wait until I can get to a branch that does.

The visit did provide confirmation that I'm definitely not keen on either the Exp II or the GMT IIC though.