closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: H&V - Just a thought.....

Master

H&V - Just a thought.....

Not a lot of 'V' in the H&V....

Is this simply because we're all thoroughly decent chaps and chapesses or are we too scared to name and shame?

Rob

Craftsman
    i had a look at that forum the other week and it was pages and pages of heroes! which i think is a great sign to everybody on the forum old and new. it's almost like a piece of mind when making transactions through sc.

i have seen afew villans in the past, i just think that they arnt aroud for long once named a villan!

Banned
    Its one of the reasons people get upset at profiteering and ebay type behaviour on here; so many really decent folks and people who often go above and beyond the necessary. Things are given away to help each other out, watches sold at fair prices and so on. Its not all perfect obviously and as any one of the regular whingy threads will show, some guys are perfectly happy with it being a free market buyer beware type of environment but thats not a V offence rather a choice as to whether one wants to deal on those terms with such individuals.

I've probably done close to 200 deals here including minor stuff like straps - all but 4 were just about perfect.

I've had 3 instances where what I bought was in need of repair / not quite as described and one where a seller was expecting more from a vintage watch than was realistic. All were amicably resolved.

I avoid the Villains

H&V is a very useful resource.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I admire the h&v section , it is something useful for other forums to consider , I have consulted it , there are a lot of heroes here :)

Craftsman
    had another look albeit quickly the only villain i seen was a business trader that deals in the trade. if i was a bona fide qualified watchmaker/repairer i wouldn't be too happy if something arrived in the post faulty and no redress to get it replaced.

I like the idea of it - you can email/text/phone the seller, but seeing that other people have had a good experience is very reassuring.

Once a villain is exposed they don't stay long
    Gray

threads where member x has a possible complaint run into pages and pages, so i think people strive to ensure there is no problem with a deal

also it might well be that plenty of deals aren't great, but both parties agree a resolution, either full of partial refund

if bought a watch i wasn't happy with and the seller agreed to take it back, i wouldn't leave a bad H&V - this MIGHT happen more then we think

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    There's very rarely a villain post which,i think,speaks highly for both forum & it's members. Even when a deal isn't quite as it should be i suspect that 99% of the time the two people involved just quietly sort it out between themselves without any hystrionics.
    As already mentioned,people who take the whatsit or who cause trouble soon become apparent and their target audience is massively reduced.

I'd done a couple of small deals on SC when I found a good looking 5513 for ~£3k. I'd decided that I wanted to buy it but was a complete noob to TZ (still am for that matter!).

I searched H&V to do a little research on the seller, and although there wasn't loads of feedback for him on there, at least there was some.

So although I felt a little nervous as this was the first relatively high value item I'd bought from SC, I went ahead and transfered the money based on a couple of emails with the guy and the recommendations he'd had on H&V.

Needless to say the watch was completely as described and the seller was a good bloke (I met him in person to collect to alleviate any lingering nervousness I had). However my point is that I doubt I'd have gone ahead without the H&V section.

Definitely a very useful resource.

Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Had one transaction with a long time registered member rarely post. He came to view watch twice & made an offer I accepted. Wired the money & he wanted to collect same evening. I waited til 11pm & he told me he wanted a crco strap because he likes it better. Advised him several brands & off he went. 10 or so days later, he texted me saying he had not received the strap money so the deal wasnt great hence he demanded a refund.
    Thats just totally bizarre....

Grand Master
    It works nicely as a way to check a member's 'previous form' by doing a quick search. An excellent facility IMO.

Paul

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    A small community shouldn't have too many "V" in H&V imo.

Agree most will communicate quietly even if there are conflicts.

I happen to do quite a bit of transactions over several years & some acts more timewasters than villains. Not too bothered on most occasions personally unless fund is desperately needed. However, simply request return for refund is easier because it is believed such members will come back for more reasons for return.

2 transactions I didn't like happened to be the very first 6 months I joined TZ.

Had one transaction with a long time registered member rarely post. He came to view watch twice & made an offer I accepted. Wired the money & he wanted to collect same evening. I waited til 11pm & he told me he wanted a crco strap because he likes it better. Advised him several brands & off he went. 10 or so days later, he texted me saying he had not received the strap money so the deal wasnt great hence he demanded a refund.

2nd was another long time registered member hardly post wanted my watch half of what I was asking. Politely rejected the offer & came back with more PMs saying my price isn't right and so on. Luckily, I sold it a week later with what I had in mind & followed a PM to him wishing him best of luck hunting and "probably I could offer decent discount next time round." Over the years, he still sends me PMs asking "what's the price for him" if I have something on SC.

Not many villains here but certainly several timewasters.
    I'd certainly agree with the timewasters and lowballers. Thankfully not that many villains.

Master
    Some things that aren't shown in H&V,

timewasters, not villains but they are ... timewasters

traders, not necessarlliy a real problem, but using the forum as a business outlet

pawn brokers, as with traders but you can't be really sure if the items have shall we say 'good heritage'

tossers .... in this category I put those that don't do what they say, when they say they are going to do it, and just show very little respect for the other party in the deal or the deal being done. e.g people that make you wait for a week for no good reason before they send the watch out(if you've sent thousands in a bank transfer this could be very worrying), promise to amend the situation then don't.

All of the above characters can have glowing reports on H+V, so while H+V is useful it does not show the whole picture.

As newbies people come on and think that H+V shows the whole picture but as has been said there is a lot goes on behind closed doors.

There are a lot of true gents on here and unfortunately as with a lot in life it is sometimes spoiled by the minority.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    Some things that aren't shown in H&V,

timewasters, not villains but they are ... timewasters

traders, not necessarlliy a real problem, but using the forum as a business outlet

pawn brokers, as with traders but you can't be really sure if the items have shall we say 'good heritage'

tossers .... in this category I put those that don't do what they say, when they say they are going to do it, and just show very little respect for the other party in the deal or the deal being done. e.g people that make you wait for a week for no good reason before they send the watch out(if you've sent thousands in a bank transfer this could be very worrying), promise to amend the situation then don't.

All of the above characters can have glowing reports on H+V, so while H+V is useful it does not show the whole picture.

As newbies people come on and think that H+V shows the whole picture but as has been said there is a lot goes on behind closed doors.

There are a lot of true gents on here and unfortunately as with a lot in life it is sometimes spoiled by the minority.

You could add to your list rude people.

This should be a catagory of it's own for members who don't even inform you when they have received a watch or the likes from the OP,it's not hard to type a quick pm is it.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    You could add to your list rude people.

This should be a catagory of it's own for members who don't even inform you when they have received a watch or the likes from the OP,it's not hard to type a quick pm is it.
    eastenders is on
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    eastenders is on
    Not here..........
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    eastenders is on
    10 mins yet. Stop getting all excited,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    10 mins yet. Stop getting all excited,lol.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.