closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your all time favorite in your collection ?

What's your all time favorite in your collection ?

can be simple or complicated, big or small, cheap or expensive, a new acquisition or something you ow, already a long time, ...

Which piece is the watch you love the most and will probably never sell ?

For me it's this one. Fell in love with it the first time I saw it ( back in 2004 ) but I could not afford it or I had to sell almost every watch I bought since 1995.
    But I couldn't get it out of my mind. So I saved a lot and did sell quite a few pieces. Finally in 2006 I bought it.

I'm pretty sure I will never find anything better or better said ' more bbeautifull '. But ofcourse this is my opinion, other might dislike this watch.

What is your most beautifull ?

This baby a 1158 CHN, although may have to go if we get planning permission, but one I'm hoping to keep, beautiful PP by the way..

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno.M View Post
    can be simple or complicated, big or small, cheap or expensive, a new acquisition or something you ow, already a long time, ...

Which piece is the watch you love the most and will probably never sell ?

For me it's this one. Fell in love with it the first time I saw it ( back in 2004 ) but I could not afford it or I had to sell almost every watch I bought since 1995.
    But I couldn't get it out of my mind. So I saved a lot and did sell quite a few pieces. Finally in 2006 I bought it.

I'm pretty sure I will never find anything better or better said ' more bbeautifull '. But ofcourse this is my opinion, other might dislike this watch.

What is your most beautifull ?

Stunning.

Out of interest was the ALS Dato a consideration when you purchased?

Best

Master
    Got to be this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno.M View Post

That really is a beauty. I've had a close look at Malc's 5070P, and have to say it's one of the most special watches I've ever handled. Photo's really don't pick up the depth and subtly of the dial (although yours do show it very well), and it's oddly chunky, even sporty for this kind of Patek with the thick bezel and scale, but it just seems so right. The thickness is bang-on, and the movement is also sooo pretty. I'm not surprised it's your favourite.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Probably this;

Basically bought it for work and as I wear it nearly all the time, I've become oddly attached to it.

Tudor Black Bay for sure

Among cheaper ones, but I love it.

mmmm, sort of with dave re my spork but it doesn't quite pip the tag 2000. plus i want to mod the spork
    yes its a tag, yes its quartz, no the second hand hits bugger all of the marks, yes its bi-metal, yes the end links are folded, yes the lume is mediocre BUT

it is the case shape and (oddly for me {which is odd indeed !}) the date font
    my one stop (not work, that what casios are for) watch.

(i like using [{too}many] brackets).
    Last edited by bigbaddes; 24th March 2013 at 11:29.

Banned
    Simply the watch which turned out to be my grail. I just never knew it. Well, if grail is the watch which satisfies all you desire...

Heritage in a modern form, perfect size, keeps great time, tells me the date, and looks great on bracelet, rubber, leather, mesh, or nylon.

Re: What's your all time favorite in your collection ?

It's this one for me. Long lusted after, 40th birthday present, rare, hand made, incredible finish and detail and almost nobody has heard of CvdK. And mine was made by Christiaan himself. Lovely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    Got to be this one.
    Clearly a man of taste.

And mine:

This one as It is the one I have owned the longest, Pam 285.

And a quick change of straps for a different look

Regards.

Keith.

Hard choice - has to be AP RO ref. 15300

JK

Craftsman
    I still haven't been able to find and buy my grail, the one that just feels perfect always, so the favorite in my collection has to be the Tissot Visodate Seastar that my dad won at an athletics competition/gathering October 1st 1968. It is a bit small on me, and the bracelet really needs to be changed, and it is in desperate need of a service, but after my dad died ten years ago, this is a watch that is never going to be sold, at any price.

If I'm being honest, it's this watch. I got it in a trade (the other guy wanted a Traser I had!) and when it arrived it was running about a minute slow. I took the back off, discovered the regulator was pushed toward the negative side. I re-centered it and ever since it's been one of the better running watches I've owned. I made the mods seen here myself in an effort to get some of that look seen on the old Eterna Kon-Tiki diver and the "Jaws" Alsta and I think I got the look I was after. It's still obviously a 6309, but with a look that's more 60s/70s than 70s/80s, if that makes any sense.

Craftsman
    It would have to be my SMP.

My wife bought it for me and it was a complete surprise (I thought I was getting a camera lens).

I'd never sell it or part with it, due to the sentimental attachment I have to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Probably this;

Basically bought it for work and as I wear it nearly all the time, I've become oddly attached to it.
    +1, Love my Spork above all others

Master
    Got to be this.

Craftsman
    Certina chronolympic , blue dial. Seems to get more time then my other watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    Got to be this one.
    Outstanding.

All you need now is a certain 78350 + ep's bracelet that nobody wants!

For me, it's got to be this 1966 105.012 Speedmaster. The ONLY one I'll never part with.

This one:

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    Stunning.

Out of interest was the ALS Dato a consideration when you purchased?

Best
    no, never
    Don't get me wrong, the Lange Dato is a superb watch but some things bother me.
    First I think the watch should have been a bit bigger ( 42 like the patek and not 39) The Dato is pretty thick and being thick and only 39 mm is imo strange.
    The movement ... no discussion ... that is perfection
    The dial on the other hand is imo not the most beautifull. Roman numbers, Arabic numbers, imo better not to mix these
    And I really do not like those 'sunken' subdials. Therefore I'm not a big Patek 5170 fan neither. I prefer the subdials perfectly aligned at 9 and 3 o'clock.

The Patek 5070 is imo the perfect chrono, but that is my personal taste and I'm sure some will prefer a Dato :-)

Master
    This one for me. Lusted after it for some time, and even though it's not worn as much now (he say's as it's clamped to wrist as I type!) it still brings a massive smile to my face every time I look at it.
    To me a true classic, and one I hope never to have to let go.

Master
    Probably this custom build....

Bernhardt

Not up to the standards of some of the amazing watches posted in the thread, but I actually quite like my Bernhardt officers watch. Genuine swiss manual wind with a dial that puts me in mind of a Railmaster for some reason...

I've got quite a few I'd never part with, but if I had to choose one, this would be the one that didn't go anywhere.

And thanks to Rob for the write up.😄

Malc

Chased this watch for months and finally got her. Only to be worn on "Special Occasions" ...That was 3 weeks ago and still hasn't been worn

So please find a really crap picture I took at minus 3 degrees on a very grey day here in Wiltshire. This is my IWC

regards
    T

This is mine, although an incoming Reverso might just knock it off it's perch...

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    This is mine, although an incoming Reverso might just knock it off it's perch...
    I may have said this before, or may have just thought about saying it, but that really is a very, very beautiful piece. For that amount of complications, they have got the dial spot on.
    I'd have that over a Reverso every day of the week.
    The more I look, the more perfect I think it is which, being the fussy bugger I am, is no mean feat.
    What's it called, so I can look up just how much money I can't afford one by?

Stunning Patek. Mine is a 1956 Oysterdate Precision, never seen another like it, it's simple and classy and gets the most comments of the small collection that I own.

Craftsman
    Has to be this one

Quote Originally Posted by waynertron View Post
    I may have said this before, or may have just thought about saying it, but that really is a very, very beautiful piece. For that amount of complications, they have got the dial spot on.
    I'd have that over a Reverso every day of the week.
    The more I look, the more perfect I think it is which, being the fussy bugger I am, is no mean feat.
    What's it called, so I can look up just how much money I can't afford one by?
    Thanks Wayne. It's the Master Perpetual Calendar, and it really is the most beautiful watch, the dial of which I can't begin to do justice to in a photgraph.

The Reverso that's on the way isn't exactly shabby, though.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks Wayne. It's the Master Perpetual Calendar, and it really is the most beautiful watch, the dial of which I can't begin to do justice to in a photgraph.

The Reverso that's on the way isn't exactly shabby, though.
    My fears have been confirmed, the MPC is well outside my price comfort zone :)

I'm sure JLC would never make anything coming close to shabby :) My tastes for non-square, non clipped numerals would still make me prefer the round fella though.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Simply the watch which turned out to be my grail. I just never knew it. Well, if grail is the watch which satisfies all you desire...

Heritage in a modern form, perfect size, keeps great time, tells me the date, and looks great on bracelet, rubber, leather, mesh, or nylon.

That is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    That is beautiful.
    Out of interest what year is that
    Last edited by awright101; 24th March 2013 at 22:04.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Out of interest what year is that
    It's all original NOS parts, with original movement fitted ('69) assembled by one of our members.

Patek 5146G. Perfect in every way, in my eyes.

This one for me. Love it.

Journeyman
    It's my Speedy "Moonwatch" 3750.50:

My "collection" is small at the moment, but that is a good thing. Just two Omegas, but it means that I will be wearing them often, instead of having them sit in their boxes.

In spite of the fact I got a new AT8500 a couple weeks ago, which I just love, the Speedy is still my favourite. I wear it all week to work. Even this weekend, a couple of times, I was tempted to wear it rather than the AT. I will probably be getting another Omega within the year, but I believe the Speedy will remain my favourite. It's also the most accurate watch I have ever owned.

Cheers
    Carl
    Last edited by Carl; 25th March 2013 at 04:40.

i suppose the fav is the one i always seem to reach for if nothing else takes my fancy and thats the teledial speedy! old, knackered and a dial that has some serious age to it and i love it, makes me smile every time i wear it
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's my Cosmonaute.

I fell in love with one in the window of a small second hand watch shop near the Barbican with no idea what it was.

5 years later I bought one and it remains my favourite and I'm sure it will for a very long time.

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Navitimer AOPA 1964

Patek 3940R

Probably this one,

Why?
    - It just makes me happy in a weird way
    - To me it is worth so much more than it's 'actual' monetary value so a sale would be pretty unlikely to agree on with any sane person
    - It would be pretty darn hard to replace if sellers remorse would set in (and I know it would) with only 50 made and very few around on the open market

And then there's the SBGA011 that I cannot sell because Mrs S.L would probably divorce me if I did...

Craftsman