closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's your favourite Time Factors watch and why?

Journeyman
    18q because I have one on the way...as soon as it arrives, I'll go back to pining for a 300...

Master
    I absolutely adore the Speedbird 3 (to the extent of owning three of them over the years), but also my newly acquired and achingly beautiful PRS-3, which is so perfect in every way I don't think I'll ever part with it.

No decent pictures of the PRS-3 yet, but I have a couple of nice ones of the PRS-22.

I posted in this thread in April saying I thought it was the PRS-22. Well 6 months later my opinion hasn't changed. Unfortunately I had to sell mine but am now looking to trade my 6309-7040 for one (see SC ) which tells me how powerful my attachment to the SB is.

David

This is my current favorite, and likely to hold that spot for quite a while.

My favourite is the PRS 68. It is at the top of my to get list, probably after Christmas or in the New Year. I know it's an homage watch but I think it looks even better than the original (in photos at least)

The PRS-53 is my favourite.

Followed by the PRS-10.

Here is mine alongside my very minty 1984 6BB

One of the favourites

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    This one has just edged out my Speedbird III for wrist time, at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    ^ From your picture, I think the colour and grain of that brown leather watchband seems to go very well with your PRS-30's nicely patinating case and crown. Looks great.

I've never owned a bronze watch of any kind, but am pretty familiar with patinating brass and such. As some owners of these 30s are using a variety of methods to accelerate the patination process while others are letting it happen naturally, may I ask if yours was all natural from just wearing it or from putting raw eggs or whatever all over it, etc.,? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    The watch case is naturally aged, I did take the watch on holiday to Turkey so it had a daily dip in the sea which may have helped (wore it on 3 ring Zulu with brass hard wear). I found that the TF bronze buckle was a different colour to the case but managed to get a good match by soaking it in malt vinegar for a couple of days, wouldn't risk that with the watch though.

Thanks again on that too, Alphajet. If I ever do have a bronze watch, I'll only ever let it patinate naturally too. Beside the fact that I know I wouldn't like thinking what any given "instant" patinating agent might be doing to the watch's WR sealing gaskets, I'm under the impression that only letting the bronze patinate naturally from sweat carried sulphur and skin oil will have the chance of giving the faint rainbow or "case color" effect to the darkening bronze when viewed at certain angles and refraction of light. That's just a guess though, and I could easily be wrong, but your picture above does seem to very faintly show that nice effect

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Thanks again on that too, Alphajet. If I ever do have a bronze watch, I'll only ever let it patinate naturally too. Beside the fact that I know I wouldn't like thinking what any given "instant" patinating agent might be doing to the watch's WR sealing gaskets, I'm under the impression that only letting the bronze patinate naturally from sweat carried sulphur and skin oil will have the chance of giving the faint rainbow or "case color" effect to the darkening bronze when viewed at certain angles and refraction of light. That's just a guess though, and I could easily be wrong, but your picture above does seem to very faintly show that nice effect
    I have come to realise that patience is the key to owning a good looking bronze watch.

Hi chaps

I had a Speedbird 1 and stupidly sold it on. Had I kept it, it would have been my favourite from Timefactors.

I now have an Everest purchased off of SC and now that I've polished the crystal with toothpaste it is just gorgeous. Having worn it a week, I much prefer the size of the case to the Zeno Explorer I once had and was considering getting again.

Why do I like it the most? I love the shiny bezel and case sides, contrasting with the brushed top of the lugs and bracelet. I also really like the way the domed crystal becomes opaque at an angle with an almost bubble effect and the gilt edge on the hands really finishes it off.

I'd even consider wearing it for work, as it has that all important retro styling. I'm a huge fan of 50's and 60's fashion and history and it's a perfect combination of styling and quality, something I think other brands could learn from (cough Michael Kors yawn)
    Last edited by messym; 22nd November 2013 at 16:09. Reason: for style

My favourite is the Smiths PRS-29B.

Simplicity perfected.

It sums up what Eddie does so well; take an established classic which would ordinarily cost an arm and a leg, improve it substantially while retaining much of the original DNA and then make it available for a great price which puts other brands to shame.

Last edited by dkpw; 24th November 2013 at 09:53.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I know I said the PRS 68 but I'm also feeling a strong attraction to the Speedbird 111 GMT......

The force is strong with both of those watches!