closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: For all Planet Ocean fans.............................

Craftsman

For all Planet Ocean fans.............................

Just picked this up on the WUS forum. Omega have put blue-dialled Titanium POs on their site in both 38mm and 42 mm sizes. Available on Ti bracelet or rubber strap. I always found the steel PO too heavy for my taste but could be seriously tempted by this new version.

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/se...23290422103001

Craftsman
    There's my next watch right there.....42mm titanium on titanium bracelet......damn you Omega

Bloody hell 42mm is a prefect size. Been waiting for these!

Master

awwwww man that looks so good...

Damn that's nice! I'm really taking to these current 42mm POs!

Blue is getting to me as I love the blue Rolex yachtmaster as well

Master
    If they did a black dial Ti version I think I'd have to buy it. That was the same spec they used in Skyfall and would be perfect as the steel is very heavy after a few hours. The blue and orange just doesn't work for me

Master
    That is gorgeous it would go wonderfully with my other blue Omega's, might have to rethink my collection.

Journeyman

Sorry, I started a thread about this as well!

Sorry, I didn't see your thread about the PO, and started one of my own.

At any rate, it really is good reason for me to start thinking seriously about a PO as well. Unfortunately, the price being what it is, will necessitate a long wait for me!

Cheers,
    Carl

An absolutely gorgeous watch. Thanks for the information!

It would be just about perfect for a PO if it wasn't for the stupid black date wheel background!

It just seems sloppy and senseless that they didn't just reverse it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see your thread about the PO, and started one of my own.

At any rate, it really is good reason for me to start thinking seriously about a PO as well. Unfortunately, the price being what it is, will necessitate a long wait for me!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Not to worry Carl. They'll be in every shop window the World over and they're not exactly rare,similar to plain Seamasters. Omega have so many variations of the PO now so you're sure to pick up a bargain soon enough. Personally i see the £3950 ceramic POs between £2-2.5K depending on age/condition but you won't see too many around at that price. They're still a bit new and the majority of owners aren't selling because they're such a great watch. I base the values on the old PO model. £2800 RRP and used for £1400-1800. Prices will soften by the end of the year with more available,although you'll have to wait a little longer for the titanium models. Having said they are sat in shop windows everywhere. The price puts people off and although i do like the colour,it's not the most versatile. Am sure uour patience will be rewarded.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    Damn that's nice! I'm really taking to these current 42mm POs!
    Great watches. Scratching my head as to why the 45mm are the same price when you consider the amount of extra metal,bigger dial,bracelet etc involved with the larger model.

Blog Entries
    A cracking dive watch!

Some of the other big companies could learn a thing or two from that.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    Great watches. Scratching my head as to why the 45mm are the same price when you consider the amount of extra metal,bigger dial,bracelet etc involved with the larger model.
    I really don't think that material cost plays any part in pricing...
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

That is definitely my favourite Omega

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I really don't think that material cost plays any part in pricing...
    It should do.....

The difference in cost of material for 42mm & 45mm is next to nothing. The manufacturing costs would still be the same. Same number of processes and machining etc

Grand Master
    It should do.....
    Somehow I don't think Veblen goods are priced using cost-plus ;). Even if they were, what's the difference in value of the raw material increase (a few g of steel and mg of dial paint)? Measured in cents, I suspect. Omega has priced these watches at whatever it thinks the market can stand, and for better or worse, thinks that the market can stand the same price for two different sizes.

Master
    Somehow I don't think Veblen goods are priced using cost-plus ;). Even if they were, what's the difference in value of the raw material increase (a few g of steel and mg of dial paint)? Measured in cents, I suspect. Omega has priced these watches at whatever it thinks the market can stand, and for better or worse, thinks that the market can stand the same price for two different sizes.
    True,the difference in the cost of materials is marginal but it seems they could learn something from Bell & Ross. ;)

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collect...2-bl-st-br-035

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collect...2-bl-st-br-001

Grand Master
    True,the difference in the cost of materials is marginal but it seems they could learn something from Bell & Ross. ;)

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collect...2-bl-st-br-035

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collect...2-bl-st-br-001
    I suppose I could say something derogatory about Bell & Ross sellling watches by the inch, or pound, but I will refrain, and note only that its marketing MBAs have a different opinion to those of SwatchCo. If the weight of the metal was a nontrivial amount, I would expect TW Steel to be charging a fortune!

Breitling UK is another importer that charges different amounts for scale versions of the same watch (Chronomat).

Master
    Does look nice, though I'm not sure about the blue/orange contrast, but seeing as I can't afford one anyway, it doesn't really matter

Master
    I suppose I could say something derogatory about Bell & Ross sellling watches by the inch, or pound, but I will refrain, and note only that its marketing MBAs have a different opinion to those of SwatchCo. If the weight of the metal was a nontrivial amount, I would expect TW Steel to be charging a fortune!

Breitling UK is another importer that charges different amounts for scale versions of the same watch (Chronomat).
    Totally agree Andrew. It would be nice if there was consistency across the board.