closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet ocean sochi - wow just wow

Planet ocean sochi - wow just wow

It's not often a watch wows me from the first time I see it but the planet ocean Sochi limited edition has done just that. I am away in Germany with work at the moment and popped in to window view the blackbay and Pelagos as usual and spotted the PO.

Its absolutely stunning. The grey bezel is gorgeous and the red and blue second indexes on the bezel are fantastic. I had never seen one before so had to google it. Turns out that it is a (another) limited edition 2014 winter Olympics issue. The red and blue represent the Russian flag but the overall package is just stunning. I was really tempted. It was €4600 in the window by the way. Also sat with one of the meteorite faced speedmasters.

Sorry for no pics but this is the PO ...... http://oceanictime.blogspot.de/2013/...ochi-2014.html

Master
    Very nice. Not much of a premium over the standard model but then not much difference aside from the colours on the inlay,caseback engraving and box set. The residuals on these editions generally don't fare too well but if you're after something different and more exclusive then definitely worth a look.

Another Omega Limited Edition? Quelle Surprise...

It's not a bad looking watch but I do find a lot of Omega's offerings rather bland (and I own some of them!).

Master
    I like it a lot, but far too expensive for me, sadly

A touch of Red and a touch of blue that looks nice but not alot different from the standard models which is fine . Glad to see no Olympic rings

Having said that I love this model http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Seam...item2328e36df8

regards
    T

It's certainly stunning but whether it's worth the extra expense for a little extra colour is up to you.

Journeyman
    As usual, I'm going to reserve judgement until I see one in person. From the pics, it looks rather uninteresting, for a Limited Edition. The markers are red instead of orange, and there are the coloured markers on the bezel. Maybe it stands out more in real life.

Some of the Omega LE models go a bit too far, I agree, but this one seems to be just the opposite, at least from the photos.

I like the caseback. The one thing that the watch may have going for it, is that it should be cheaper than the regular PO, as it does not have the exhibition back. Whether or not that is the case, remains to be seen.

Cheers,
    Carl

it's the grey bezel that really makes it stand out. Especially in a case with other black bezeled PO's.

I like the PO in most incarnations, I like the subtlety of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Some of the Omega LE models go a bit too far, I agree

My thinking exactly when I saw this "Snoopy" limited edition. Bit of a strange one IMO:

http://www.hackettwatches.com/hw/items/LMMN8KHRZ6

Is there a definitive list anywhere online of all the different Limited Edition pieces they've done in recent years?

But the Snoopy LE Has real meaning behind it

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    it's the grey bezel that really makes it stand out. Especially in a case with other black bezeled PO's.
    The bezel is actually black, (with a matte finish). Its probably one of those things that changes colour depending how the light hits it.

But like you. I think it would look better grey, Black is just too common and boring.

I think this pic gives a better likeness...

Very nice, looks exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    A touch of Red and a touch of blue that looks nice but not alot different from the standard models which is fine . Glad to see no Olympic rings

Having said that I love this model http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Seam...item2328e36df8

regards
    T
    I too love the vancouver 2010. The white dial looks so crisp against the red bezel - great combo. While not a priority, one of my "if one ever comes along at the right time Im having it" watches along with a snoopy speedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    It's certainly stunning but whether it's worth the extra expense for a little extra colour is up to you.
    Of course it is :-) A red word or two certainly makes certain Rolexes more sought after / valuable.

I like it - a beautiful watch. Is the bezel actually different to the current 8500 PO?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
    But the Snoopy LE Has real meaning behind it
    What's the meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Meinessex View Post
    The bezel is actually black, (with a matte finish). Its probably one of those things that changes colour depending how the light hits it.

But like you. I think it would look better grey, Black is just too common and boring.

I think this pic gives a better likeness...

Well in the flesh it looks grey. I held it. Talking of POs though, I am currently at schipol and they are €3851. I was so very very tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen View Post
    What's the meaning?
    So much information available to be googled that my attempts would only scratch the surface.
    The Snoopy is, to me, a cool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    So much information available to be googled that my attempts would only scratch the surface.
    The Snoopy is, to me, a cool watch.
    In recognition of Omega being given the Snoopy Award by the Apollo astronauts.

There has been an Eyes On The Stars Speedy in the window of the Burlington Arcade vintage Omega dealers window for what feels like years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

There has been an Eyes On The Stars Speedy in the window of the Burlington Arcade vintage Omega dealers window for what feels like years.
    I know plenty about the history of NASA and the speedmaster, so I understand the significance of the snoopy award - what I meant was that it would be a waste of my time trying to explain it when google gives so much info.
    Yep, they're out there but, as I said, its not a priority in any way. I own a regular speedy and, to me thats one of the best looking watches out there.
    For the right price though...
    Last edited by Umbongo; 13th March 2013 at 22:07.

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Well in the flesh it looks grey. I held it. Talking of POs though, I am currently at schipol and they are €3851. I was so very very tempted.

Thats good news, it does look better in the first pick IMHO.

Must check one out myself when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I know plenty about the history of NASA and the speedmaster, so I understand the significance of the snoopy award - what I meant was that it would be a waste of my time trying to explain it when google gives so much info.
    Yep, they're out there but, as I said, its not a priority in any way. I own a regular speedy and, to me thats one of the best looking watches out there.
    For the right price though...
    Sorry, I quoted the wrong person.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

That will most likely have something to do with price.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    That will most likely have something to do with price.
    Exactly

I like them. Not much of a difference of the premium over the standard models, so I wouldn't be willing to pay more for them, but they look to me as nice as the standard models.

Only available in 45mm?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I like the PO in most incarnations, I like the subtlety of this one.

My thinking exactly when I saw this "Snoopy" limited edition. Bit of a strange one IMO:

http://www.hackettwatches.com/hw/items/LMMN8KHRZ6

Is there a definitive list anywhere online of all the different Limited Edition pieces they've done in recent years?
    funny you mention the snoopy as its one of the most desired and collectible LE omegas there are.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Only available in 45mm?
    :(

I'd like one in 42mm
    It's just a matter of time...