closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fact or fiction ?? (Must have listened to the Mayor of Duisburg...)

Blog Entries

Fact or fiction ?? (Must have listened to the Mayor of Duisburg...)

Anyone else picked up the latest decision within EU, (am reading in Norwegian newspapers) that Bulgaria and Romania have now been refused 'Schengen privileges', despite being 'technically ready', due to the uncontrolled corruption and extensive Mafia activities in those countries ???

Postponed on the whiff of a German veto according to Deutche Welle. I don't think it would be good for the project though if it was refused irrevocably; I suspect that it's inevitable.

http://www.dw.de/germany-blocks-sche...nia/a-16656037
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Not being picked up in Britain (as yet) but since we aren't 'Schengen' either it wouldn't be seen as important.

I'd find it surprising though... I was under the impression that Romania had already exported all the criminals they wanted to and only the poorer quality ones were left‽

Still, some could be offered as an option on Dacia Cars. He could live in the boot and fetch you petrol in exchange for root vegetables. On high end models he could be trained to bite traffic wardens & plod as required.

Mike.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miked10270 View Post
    Not being picked up in Britain (as yet) but since we aren't 'Schengen' either it wouldn't be seen as important.

Mike.

Mike, what baffles me is, as we are indeed not Schengen, why are we compelled to give 'free entry' ???

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by miked10270 View Post
    Not being picked up in Britain (as yet)
    Not widely reported in mainstream, but the speccie picked this up. From last Thursday:
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...the-eu-project

If you like to read different points of view before forming an opinion, then (especially if the BBC are one of your sources of news), the "coffee house" is great. http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Mike, what baffles me is, as we are indeed not Schengen, why are we compelled to give 'free entry' ???
    I suppose it's a fact of all being 'one community'. Sort of like folk from the sink estates walking along the posh streets and sitting on the nice park benches.

Unfortunately (?) the EU isn't actually one community. Some aspects of it are, some aren't. Hence the non-functioning & profligate mess.

Mike.