closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 6138-3002 - aftermarket bracelet help needed!

Apprentice

Seiko 6138-3002 - aftermarket bracelet help needed!

Hi all

So I got hold of a 6138-3002 in decent condition. Dial, crystal, case look in very good shape. I know this might be sacrilegious but I don't like the bracelet - seems a bit too thin & loose for my liking.

Been browsing the 'bay and reading a bunch of posts here and elsewhere and am in need of advice.

- I want a thicker, chunkier bracelet - something like this would be great (20mm, straight end links)

- I'm very confused as to how I fit this to the 3002. Do I need different end links, or will the ones supplied sit off the case a bit (I don't want a gap!!)

- These end links look like they fit the case well, but then I can't see how to fit the bracelet above to them.

HELP! Thanks :)

Matt

Master
    Have you tried contacting WJean to see if he can do a bracelet with the correct end links for your watch? A quick google throws up this image of a WJean on a 6138-3002 so he must have been doing them in the past -

Journeyman
    I'm also interested in this as while I have the original fishbone it does let the watch down a little.

I bought a set of these but have yet to buy a bracelet to go with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/END-PIECE-...item5aef157a88

Here's how she looks in the meantime.

I decided against the bracelet, and feels comfier for me.

...but would be interested in trying perhaps a different bracelet, as it does transform the look of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobafett View Post
    I decided against the bracelet, and feels comfier for me.

...but would be interested in trying perhaps a different bracelet, as it does transform the look of the watch.
    Looks good.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I'd go along with the "put it on a strap and forget about the bracelet" school of thought:

19mm lugs, so your choice is a bit limited - mine's on an ATG Vintage Racing which is no longer available, and which I'm planning to swap with Foxy for his Porsche Boxster, because he wants it so badly.

But try a Di-Modell Rallye, which is available as a 19mm, or squeeze a 20mm on.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mattb View Post
    I know this might be sacrilegious but I don't like the bracelet - seems a bit too thin & loose for my liking.
    Is this the bracelet currently fitted to your watch?

I've been looking for a spare for a while now if you consider selling it separately.

Master
    I have mine on an aftermarket Seiko bracelet from Harold, with his solid 19mm endlinks. It fits perfectly providing you use thinner springbars and the endlinks 'click' under the bezel.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    I have mine on an aftermarket Seiko bracelet from Harold, with his solid 19mm endlinks. It fits perfectly providing you use thinner springbars and the endlinks 'click' under the bezel.
    Any chance of a picture or a link?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Playsatan View Post
    Any chance of a picture or a link?
    PM your email and I'll take a couple of pics. I'm rubbish at hosting them, getting the size right etc, but I don't mind if you post them in the thread afterwards.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    PM your email and I'll take a couple of pics. I'm rubbish at hosting them, getting the size right etc, but I don't mind if you post them in the thread afterwards.
    PM sent.

Master
    WJean does special end links for his bracelets to fit your watch. I have a WJ bracelet and special end pieces on mine. I'll try find some pics.
    Mike

Master

Mike