closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cheese cake recipes!!!!

Cheese cake recipes!!!!

Oh I love a bit of cheesecake! Nom nom nom!

Does anyone have a good recipe for one?

Perhaps a family secret would be great!!

Cheers,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by taz417 View Post
    How is asking for a good recipe for a cheesecake attention seeking?

You always seem to be trying to wind me up, it won't work I'm afraid.

If you want a verbal thrashing on here. Please go to bear pit.

Idiot.

You remind me of the infamous tz ladyboy.

Hmmmmm. I wonder ;)
    Last edited by alexaff; 7th March 2013 at 19:22.

Alex, we are as one , cheesecake is my favourite food of all time. No idea about recipes as the wife makes the best but her best ever does contain some ginger nuts in the base mix along with the top notch Mc it ties digestives (cheap ones ruin it !) and she also adds Honey as well ;)
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    Alex, we are as one , cheesecake is my favourite food of all time. No idea about recipes as the wife makes the best but her best ever does contain some ginger nuts in the base mix along with the top notch Mc it ties digestives (cheap ones ruin it !) and she also adds Honey as well ;)
    Thanks si :)

Do me a favour mate and ask the mrs for the recipe and pm me it if that's not too much trouble. It's my bday in 4 weeks and the mrs wants to make me a cake :)

Cheers,

Al

My dearly beloved makes a lovely cheesecake, cold that is. If you want her method shout out, I'm sure I can get her to type it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Loquacious View Post
    My dearly beloved makes a lovely cheesecake, cold that is. If you want her method shout out, I'm sure I can get her to type it out.
    That would be greatly appreciated :)

This is fantastic,I've made it many times and it hits the spot big time.....

DESSERT - Mandarin Cheesecake - Serves 6-8

Ingredients

2 x 298g tins mandarin segments
    For the base:
    Butter for greasing
    175g digestive biscuits
    75g unsalted butter

For the filling:
    400g cream cheese
    2 vanilla pods
    100g icing sugar
    1 orange, zest only
    300ml double cream

Method:

Lightly grease a 20cm/8" spring-form cake tin with butter.
    Drain the mandarin segments and place them on a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
    To make the base, place the biscuits into a food processor and blend to form fine crumbs.
    Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, add the biscuit crumbs and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture into the cake tin and press over the tin base, to spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
    Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl. Split the vanilla pods open, scrape out the seeds and mix them into the cream cheese. Sift in the icing sugar and grate in the orange zest. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until you reach soft peaks, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture to combine.
    Spread the mixture on top of the biscuit base and use a palette knife, or the back of a spoon, to level it out. Decorate by arranging the mandarin segments on top, and chill in the freezer.
    After a minimum of 5 minutes carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and transfer to a serving plate before cutting into portions to serve.

Cool BBC New York Cheesecake

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2...ork-cheesecake

Made this one a few times, it's rather good, serve with raspberries yum.

Master
    It depends if you like a soft or baked cheesecake. For me, Marcus Wareing's New York baked cheescake with a fruit compote is superb. I especially enjoy it when I make it with a really nice full fat cheese, although Philadelphia will do, Jersey double cream and large free range eggs.

The recipe for the cheesecake is here:

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/new-york-cheesecake/61133

For the compote I tend to chuck some straweberries, blackberries, a little sugar and small amount of water in a saucepan and simmer gently for 15 minutes, then let it cool. A more fancy compote is here:

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/512818

Seemples...!

Ingredients:

1 large pack Philadelphia Cheese (natural)
    1/2 tin Condensed Milk
    Juice of 3 lemons
    1/2 large pack digestive biscuits, depending on size and thickness of base required
    Approximately 100 – 150 grams Unsalted butter (trial and error)

Method:

• Crumble Digestive biscuits leaving no lumps
    • Melt butter and mix well with crumbs in your serving dish. Use a tablespoon for this and then compress and level with the back of the spoon. (Amount of butter depends on how crumbly you want the base, too much and it will be solid, too little and it won’t bind.)
    • Put base in freezer while you mix the topping (10 mins ish).
    • Put cheese in mixing bowl, add lemon juice and condensed milk and whisk for ages until fluffy and doesn’t fall off whisk (the longer you whisk it, the fluffier it gets)
    • Spread topping onto base put back in freezer for 15 minutes and then transfer to fridge until ready to serve.

Note:
    You can decorate the top with mandarins or chocolate flakes or just lemon zest.