closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival - JLC Master Quartz

New arrival - JLC Master Quartz

There was a bit of a hoo-ha on SC a couple of days ago concerning my latest arrival. I've just realised that updating the sales post with a quick SOTC photo is not very sensible, so here she is:

It's the ex-keitht JLC Master Quartz that Keith took in as a full set with B&P, but as a non-runner. Keith's fine work got it back up and running, and down the line I have been able to benefit from it. The linen dial is really something else, and sits nicely in the collection next to my Omega Speedsonic - another watch with an interesting horological history and beautiful dial.
    Last edited by j0hnbarker; 2nd March 2013 at 17:47.

Stunning dial, lovely clean and simple but very sophisticated design - good to hear its been saved!

Now that's a beauty, thanks for sharing!

Beautiful, understated watch! Very nice!

Thanks guys. It's really nice, and a good size for a vintage dress watch too. I think I'll be wearing this when I go out tonight, thought it's probably too posh for the kebab house so I might have to miss my usual stop on the way home!

Master
    That is absolutely gorgeous congratulations on your purchase. I missed out on one a while ago and loved the look of these.

I would like one of those also, such a nice dress watch.

I really really like that, very smart and clean. Lovely. Being uber critical the bracelet doesn't look quite suit it to me, but that's subjective and overall tres Bon :)

Craftsman
    Simply stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    I really really like that, very smart and clean. Lovely. Being uber critical the bracelet doesn't look quite suit it to me, but that's subjective and overall tres Bon :)
    The bracelet is actually the original one - It is on the narrow side, but I think it suits the watch nicely. My skinny wrists probably don't help on that photo!

Very nice and I would think very rare

Congratulations on getting the complete package. I have one of these and the linen dial really is the most stunning thing about it. I have mine on a tan ostrich and I agree that the 18mm lugs do make for a relatively thin strap in relation to the size of the watch but I think you get used to it. There is a US seller of NSA NOS metal bracelets (as opposed to NSA ones with a JLC clasp) for these and I've been toying with the idea of getting one (also hoping that maybe a stray clasp pops up on Ebay - you never know).
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.