closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Special Speedy gets new strap......

Master

Special Speedy gets new strap......

I have never been a great fan of the Omega Speedmaster. Not sure why, but always slightly preferred the Seamaster range. I definitely prefer the bracelets on the Seamasters, as I am not keen on the small shiny links in the Speedmaster bracelet. I have an ages old Seamaster my Dad bought me years ago as a graduation present, but apart from that I have never dipped my toes in the Omega range. The heritage of the Speedmaster with regards to NASA has always interested me and thus if I was ever going to have an Omega it was always going to be the Moonwatch with the fantastic 1861 movement. The only problem was the fact I was never drawn to the Moonwatch, until last week !
    I had seen last year Darren (~dadam02~) change his 3750.50 2011 Speedmaster with a rare Mitsukoshi dial and 'Doctors pulsation bezel'. Along with an Orange tipped seconds hand from a Planet Ocean, it was the best looking Omega I had ever seen ( one of the best looking watches I had ever seen full stop !). Now usually my OCD would not tolerate such changes, but all the new components were genuine Omega NOS replacements. And the Mitsukoshi dials are pretty rare (only 300 pieces produced initially and replacement faces vvhard to source) meaning this watch had genuine rarity.
    Needless to say, when this watch appeared on SC, it took me 0.001 seconds to pm Darren ! The only issue I was then left with was the bracelet. On arrival, the bracelet actually is far nicer than I expected, but I have enough Rolex SS sports on bracelets and wanted something different. On my old Zenith Striking 10th and 1969 38mm Original, I use to wear both on a Di Modell Rallye strap which was fantastic. But I could not believe my luck when I realised you can get hold of Omega OEM leather Rallye straps with deployment !
    So, here is my strapless Speedy waiting for the strap

And today, courtesy of Cousins UK, the new Omega strap/deployment combo arrived

Cannot believe how comfortable the strap is...I am very impressed :)
    Last edited by Oranges10; 23rd February 2013 at 13:55.

I concur, great strap...

Even greater Speedy though..! Great purchase.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    I concur, great strap...

Even greater Speedy though..! Great purchase.
    Cheers Ross , it was a quick search that brought yours up and I thought it looked spot on.
    The quality has really impressed me, it wears fantastic.

I like that combination!

Is that strap also in brown/chocolate available?

Cheers!

Glenn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn-BE View Post
    I like that combination!

Is that strap also in brown/chocolate available?

Cheers!

Glenn
    Not sure Glenn. I got mine via Cousins, but they only had black.

Blog Entries
    Looks awesome John, and love the way the strap hugs the case with no gaps. Strap changing was one thing i didn't get round to doing whilst i owned this one but you've done a great job there.

Looks great! Can I ask what the part number of the strap/clasp combo is please? ( and what it cost? )
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Sorry Jase, not exactly sure of part numbers. If you visit www.cousinsuk.com, you can click on Omega parts and then watch straps and deployment clasps etc. For clasp and strap, you are looking about 280 ish. The beauty of the Omega Rallye strap is the Matt finish to the leather, almost like a nubuck. Not cheap, but fantastic quality.

Really like these OEM rallye straps. I'm tempted to get one. Are they any more expensive direct from Omega?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Looks great! Can I ask what the part number of the strap/clasp combo is please? ( and what it cost? )
    98000024 Strap, 94521813 Deployant.

Very nice. I really like this version, the strap is nice too.

ish

Thanks for the numbers...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Near perfect moo watch you ve got there. Very very nice

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranges10 View Post
    I have never been a great fan of the Omega Speedmaster. Not sure why, but always slightly preferred the Seamaster range. I definitely prefer the bracelets on the Seamasters, as I am not keen on the small shiny links in the Speedmaster bracelet. I have an ages old Seamaster my Dad bought me years ago as a graduation present, but apart from that I have never dipped my toes in the Omega range. The heritage of the Speedmaster with regards to NASA has always interested me and thus if I was ever going to have an Omega it was always going to be the Moonwatch with the fantastic 1861 movement. The only problem was the fact I was never drawn to the Moonwatch, until last week !
    I had seen last year Darren (~dadam02~) change his 3750.50 2011 Speedmaster with a rare Mitsukoshi dial and 'Doctors pulsation bezel'. Along with an Orange tipped seconds hand from a Planet Ocean, it was the best looking Omega I had ever seen ( one of the best looking watches I had ever seen full stop !). Now usually my OCD would not tolerate such changes, but all the new components were genuine Omega NOS replacements. And the Mitsukoshi dials are pretty rare (only 300 pieces produced initially and replacement faces vvhard to source) meaning this watch had genuine rarity.
    Needless to say, when this watch appeared on SC, it took me 0.001 seconds to pm Darren ! The only issue I was then left with was the bracelet. On arrival, the bracelet actually is far nicer than I expected, but I have enough Rolex SS sports on bracelets and wanted something different. On my old Zenith Striking 10th and 1969 38mm Original, I use to wear both on a Di Modell Rallye strap which was fantastic. But I could not believe my luck when I realised you can get hold of Omega OEM leather Rallye straps with deployment !

That's one of the most beautiful watches I've ever seen!! Stunning !

Craftsman

That's one of the most beautiful watches I've ever seen!! Stunning !

Banned
    I did a similar conversion..

Here it is on some different strap options..

That really is a beautiful looking watch. Congratulations on your purchase!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by europa View Post

Hi Stewart, I looked on your great website and saw these pics. Love the white strap combo.

Banned
    Hi Stewart, I looked on your great website and saw these pics. Love the white strap combo.
    Yep - it looks great on the white strap.. but.. I haven't had the balls to wear it in public :0) Certainly has a 'Stormtrooper' look about it.

Master
    Oh, forgot the obligatory wrist shot

Damn that looks nice! I love the domino dial as well.

Journeyman

This is an stunning looking combo.

Journeyman

Special Speedy gets new strap......

That's beautiful, I remember seeing a concept of a white dial/black register "panda" speedmaster 9300 and thought it was awesome... This is one that actually exists... But only 300 of those dials made...? Damn..

Cracking watch but the strap absolutely makes it. I might have to get myself one of them :-)