closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advertising services....

Craftsman

Advertising services....

Would it be the done thing on here to Advertise ones business?

Personally, it would be good to offer services to fellow forum users with discounted rates. As a whole I am sure there are a number of guys on here with business' which would benefit others.

What do people think? Could there be a sub forum for members to offer their skills/services, Maybe 'TZi Yellow Pages'?

To my mind, it's kind of like 'Buying Local'

Why are you asking? You are already advertising your business through the link in your signature.

Craftsman
    I can see the logic, under a separate heading so you only saw it if looking, but I don't run a business so have no vested interest, suspect the feedback might be mixed but lets see........

Advertising services....

Why stop at services?

I wouldn't be interested FWIW. I don't own any motorway services.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Craftsman
    Just thinking along the lines of sometimes you like to use someone who you trust/know. Although most of us don't know each other, there is a common trust that exists, through shared interest.
    If there was a sub forum, people, certainly I, would look to see if there was someone who could help, whether it be plumbing, watch repairs, Mechanics etc etc.

I have recently put my info in my signature, but people 'may' look at that if they see a post by me, but most likely not. If there was a specific place for people to tell others what they offer, i feel it would work.

I know it does/did on other forums I do/have frequented.

I don't see any losers, if you do find someone, you get a good rate, by someone you can trust, and you are 'buying local' when most business' need all the help they can get at the moment.

How many times do we see threads which say " Can anyone recommend a (insert trade)?",

Advertising services....

I think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I go on a few car forums such as vzi and they have tgis. They also have forum sponsors but i think this is a bit ott.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I go on a few car forums such as vzi and they have tgis. They also have forum sponsors but i think this is a bit ott.

Craftsman
    VZi!!

Used to be a regular on there...the exact forum I was thinking of. Works well there, and polices itself well. Dodgy types don't last lon!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    They also have forum sponsors but i think this is a bit ott.
    That said, if I was using Eddies site to punt my wares, a small donation to say thank you wouldn't be out of the question.

Advertising services....

Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post

Agree forum sponsors are probably a bit much.

There is no advertising on this forum and advertising in signatures will have consequences.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

That answers his question then.