closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone use Fair FX cards when abroad?

Anyone use Fair FX cards when abroad?

Was thinking about getting a Fair FX rechargeable mastercard for when I'm abroad as it seems to be a safe way of taking cash with me. Anyone use them/ recommend alternatives?

Thanks

Master
    I use FairFX for my money transfers to France and can't fault that.
    dont have their cards but have used the Thomas Cook cash passport card in the past and suspect its pretty much the same thing, load it up before you travel and use it like a debit card while you're away.

If I was to use another card in the future I'd probably go for the FairFX one as already stated I use the company and I'm happy with the service.

Craftsman
    We use the FairFx card all the time .
    Very easy and very safe ..
    Lee

Master
    I use one for pretty much every holiday in Europe. Easy to use and no issues with regards acceptance and using cash machines.

Made my mind up, cheers. Do you get charged by your bank to credit the account online like you would if you used your debit card at a Bureau De Change?

Master
    No charge from Lloyds TSB for loading the card online from what I remember. I think you get charged by FairFX if you top up with a credit card (never done this though) and you get charged 50p + normal network charge for topping up by phone. I've done this once or twice but usually do it online.

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    No charge from Lloyds TSB for loading the card online from what I remember. I think you get charged by FairFX if you top up with a credit card (never done this though) and you get charged 50p + normal network charge for topping up by phone. I've done this once or twice but usually do it online.
    Cheers thanks for that. Just ordered.

I've got a FairFX card but they charge for ATM withdrawals. Travelex cash passport don't although the exchange rate is slightly lower (only slightly mind).

Both good though

I've got a FairFX dollar credit card.

Very useful.

I think it's £2 for cash withdrawals.

Journeyman

Anyone use Fair FX cards when abroad?

I used one in the US a while ago, was great to be able to top it up from my phone when I needed too and a much better rate than using my debit card directly.

I've just bought some euros on a new card as a hedge against a falling pound for a forthcoming European holiday.

I've just received mine through the post and I'm very pleased with the service so far.