closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The snip

The snip

Well, I went to see the surgeon today and he offered me a quick turnaround with the snip to be done on the 01st March.

We have 2 kids and I certainly don't want more.

Feel a bit like I'm preparing to be emasculated, whilst also wanting to sow my seed with wild abandon.

This should help....

Had mine two weeks ago, nothing to it. Buy arnica tablets and start five days before. My experience was funny as hell, the doctor ased if I minded if a new member of staff stood in to learn what to do. It was only half way through I found out she was the IT manager!

I had the op at 9.00 and was ack working at 11.00 no problems.

We had a teacher at school who had it done. He was proudly discussing it one lunch time to all the students there. He was nicknamed "Chopper" from then on.

Craftsman
    Had mine over 4 years ago most embarrassing moment of my life, local medical centre turned up ushered to a room, told to undress while the butcher scrubbed up. It was January of an evening and the window was open slightly and it was bloody freezing, well my old man resembled a friggin acorn. At least my embarrassment took my mind of the injection

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    Had mine two weeks ago, nothing to it. Buy arnica tablets and start five days before. My experience was funny as hell, the doctor ased if I minded if a new member of staff stood in to learn what to do. It was only half way through I found out she was the IT manager!

Thankyou that made me laugh a lot.

Piece of advice take two pairs of pants with you and wear them both because when gravity kicks in you will feel it.

Digger

When I had mine I had a cyst removed at the same time. I don't how others are built or the impact of the cyst removal versus just the op but I was off for three weeks. I can only describe the aftermath as like being kicked in the nuts by a horse, several times.

I was John Wayne is Big Leggy for a while. The first time I drove and had to slam the breaks on I thought the steering wheel had sheered off into my nuts.

Much amusement for those around but the last thing I needed, or dare risk, was a laughing fit.

I based my decision not to have the snip on a simple return on investment formula - I'll let you work it out

Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    whilst also wanting to sow my seed with wild abandon.
    You can certainly do that afterwards without worry

Just have hot baths!

I am in agony just reading this!

I've told my partner that I'll get the snip when I have as many children as her. She currently has three and I have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    I've told my partner that I'll get the snip when I have as many children as her. She currently has three and I have one.
    I like your thinking
    Gray

Master
    Got my letter through today, walked into living room and as I was opening it saw one of my kids' pictures entitled 'the axe'

Craftsman
    The injection in each bollock is the worse bit as you can feel the needle going in. The weird thing is you can feel them tugging your bits through your stomach and it makes your arms move up and down like a puppet with each pull.

After you can relax and watch one of your nuts swell to the size of a golf ball. The pair will also be Black and blue from the mauling they have received. After a few days of walking around like John Wayne they should settle down.

If your lucky you won't get an infection and the promise of sex on demand is a myth. She will just laugh at you.

Good luck and please do tell us how it went. Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by baz osti View Post
    The injection in each bollock is the worse bit as you can feel the needle going in. The weird thing is you can feel them tugging your bits through your stomach and it makes your arms move up and down like a puppet with each pull.

After you can relax and watch one of your nuts swell to the size of a golf ball. The pair will also be Black and blue from the mauling they have received. After a few days of walking around like John Wayne they should settle down.

If your lucky you won't get an infection and the promise of sex on demand is a myth. She will just laugh at you.

Oh dear god.

I crossed my legs after I read that.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I crossed my legs after I read that.
    It's pretty much true though

I had mine done about 2 1/2 years ago. No issues afterwards, with the exception of one of the cuts deciding to look like it was starting to get infected a few days later (got that sorted).

Rob.

Master

Arnica tablets - gold!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob.

Re: The snip

Jeebus, I thought getting a needle in the gums at the dentist was the worst!

I've never believed in interfering with something that's working fine

Craftsman
    Buy arnica tablets and start five days before.
    I had mine a few weeks back and took arnica tablets too. It was probably the best bit of advice I received as I had little to no bruising afterwards.

Master
    Can't you opt for a general rather than a local (or 2 locals)?

Quote Originally Posted by ism123 View Post
    No you only get one local, but you do get to chose if it's left or right.

Tell them you react badly to pain, lashing out at the nearest person, and they'll make sure your premed takes you to the happy place. Still feels like someone's tugging your nuts mind you.
    Gray

The snip

Or say you are a man, and so react badly to a knife being near your gooch.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by ism123 View Post
    I was offered a GA, but scoffed and said I'd be okay with a local.

That was before Baz Osti's saving private ryan post.

Seriously mine must have been special, didn't feel a thing, none of the tugging or needle in the balls! Mind my was a scalpel free procedure. One cut with a lazer 10mm long.

I'm supposed to be looking into this, and this thread isn't helping. Bit hypocrtical of me given that both our kids were born by emergency C-section, but I'm bloody squeemish!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

The snip

I had this done a couple of months ago and can confirm everything above!

Grand Master
    I got away with not having it......my partner decided her child-bearing days were over and she insisted on getting sterilised. I didn`t argue. Her opis was done by keyhole surgery and involved her abdominal cavity being inflated with nitrogen. Afterwards, she had a belly like a bowling ball and couldn`t stop farting for days! I couldn`t help laughing....but she wasn`t amused.

Paul

Journeyman
    Jesus, I've been considering this. But after reading this thread I think I've decided against....!

Craftsman
    I am there (snip,snip) on Tuesday, really wish I had not read some of these posts!

No thanks, regardless of reading this thread I would never have this done, some squeamish but funny comments lol

Craftsman
    On a serious note and not wishing to be alarmist there is quite a lot of evidence developing that the procedure does lead to increased problems with

prostrate and urinary flow in later life.Well worth talking to your surgeon about ,to see what the latest opinions are .So like most things it is a matter of

balancing pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzies View Post
    On a serious note and not wishing to be alarmist there is quite a lot of evidence developing that the procedure does lead to increased problems with

prostrate and urinary flow in later life.Well worth talking to your surgeon about ,to see what the latest opinions are .So like most things it is a matter of

balancing pros and cons.
    I did ask him abot complications and he breezed through saying there are no real problems and the internet can misrepresent things, as one bad case becomes big news. He's done the business with quite a few of my collegues as we all reside locally and he seems to have a good track record.

Bet I get the YTS kid though.........................

Had mine done 24 years ago and still firing blank's, well as far as I know

B.

I had it done about a year ago.
    Nothing to it.
    Was in the pub an hour after the procedure.

So beautifully and accurately described, except it was my stockinged feet that moved like glove puppets. My next door neighbour was a consultant anaesthetist and he said he read the Telegraph all through the op, so I took the current issue of Cycling Weekly along and asked if I could do the same. The technician at my head (who looked like he hit the shuttlecock from the feathered end) said no and to keep my hands on my chest. When I looked up he was poised above me ready to grab my arms if I moved, which frightened me the most.

I had recently been knocked off my bike and just had my leg out of plaster, so the wife said 'How about while you're still in pain.....' so I got it done at a private clinic on Leeds ring road, which I didn't realise, also did terminations.

So after the op, I'm shuffling painfully down this spiral staircase, looking like the ghost of Herr Flick with my stick on the wrong side (right leg, clockwork spiral), when on the next floor down I passed an open door behind which was a girl of about eighteen who was obviously resting just post termination and looking very miserable. Until she saw me. I think I made her day

graham

Edit: Just seen Ozzi's post about prostate and urinary retention problems in later life. Twenty odd years on I had just those, ending up with open surgery rather than a TURP.

But that's another story, which I shall call 'Still life with three aubergines; middle one wearing a lifebelt'. Say no more....
    Last edited by grey; 18th February 2013 at 19:30.

had mine done 30yrs ago. done on a friday, played badminton on a sunday and back to work monday. didn,t feel a thing and spoke to the doc the whole time.
    no swelling or black and blue balls. maybe just lucky but the best 30 quid i have spent

Had it, and if I had the choice again I'd go for general not local. Maybe it was the fact I'd mine done at the local NHS clinic, not an option on my company private healthcare unfortunately. Or that my doctor was a f**ktard. I spent the entire procedure chewing my hand off to prevent screaming in pain. Was recommended by doctor to take 3 days off to prevent blood clots, which I spent locked in man cave on copious amounts of painkillers away from my brood. Probably the most unpleasant medical experience I've ever had, and I've went through suspected cancer before. Apologies for the brutal honesty.

If the OP would really like to be put off having it done, just watch this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCt78cnwCIo

I watched this after my my snip and I don't think I'd of went through with it if I'd seen this first!

Journeyman
    The wife and i have been talking about our options too, seeing as our second daughter was born last month and we don't want any more. It's not happening though, there's absolutely no way i could lie there and let someone cut my nuts up! Fortunately, the wife has decided that she's willing to have her tube tied, seeing as she now only has one left due to an ectopic pregnancy when we first started trying.

Phew.

And yes, i am a wimp. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetsnow View Post
    If the OP would really like to be put off having it done, just watch this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCt78cnwCIo

I watched this after my my snip and I don't think I'd of went through with it if I'd seen this first!
    My op is on the 01st March.

I shall watch this on the 02nd.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    My op is on the 01st March.

I shall watch this on the 02nd.
    A very wise decision.

Craftsman
    Mine was painfull for a few hours after the local wore off. Procedure was straightfoward enough though.

Master

I though they were all that size normally???

That wasn't my experience & I had mine done about 25 years ago. I did, however, closely follow the UG consultant's instructions,
    both pre- & post-op.

I did have a workmate whose testicles, according to him, looked like "two rotten oranges" after his operation. He did proudly boast
    that he did some "equipment testing" a few hours after the anaesthetic wore off though.

Craftsman
    First of all a disclaimer. I work as a GP and had a vasectomy done about 5 years ago under general anaesthetic whilst getting a septoplasty done at the same time.

No problems whatsoever for me and I see very few patients with post vasectomy problems in practice. I do have a close friend who developed neuralgic type pain which caused him problems for a few months but thankfully did settle completely for him. Other friends who had it done like me had no bother at all.

I can't see why there would be even a theroretical risk of any increased testicular or prostate disease risk as put simply you are not actually operating on either. The studies I have read don't show any increased risk. Bruising is possible but probably depends on how technically difficult the operation was. It shouldn't be a problem for the majority.

Vasectomy will not alter your hormone levels or change your ejaculate- that is produced by your prostate and only a tiny amount is added from your testes. It will gain you loads of brownie points.

On a personal note after my vasectomy my wife has continued to use a Mirena intrauterine system as it has lots of non contraceptive side benefits (takes away her period and no monthly hormonal moodiness). It may be a difficult conversation to have when vasectomy is being considered but might be worthwhile knowing about. Mirena is a whole lot easier than sterilisation and can also be reversed if circumstances dramatically change and has other benefits- see above.