closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cloud atlas?

Craftsman

Cloud atlas?

Just seen a trailer for this and I have to say it looks intriguing? Has anyone read the Book or heard anything about it?

Craftsman
    Read the book, absorbing, intriguing, memorable.

Did I understand what it was about?- well, not really but somehow it didn't matter.

Craftsman
    It looks fantastical, and even the inclusion of Tom Hanks doesn't seem to be putting me off like it normally would. May have to pick the book up before I see it I think.

Also read the book. A bit disjointed. Ok read however much preferred another book read at roughly the same time. The life of Pi. Not seen that at the cinema yet - though I've heard it's good.

Fantastic book. If the film is half as good it'll be worth a watch.

I think that Hugh Grant has about 5 separate roles in it though... That's a worry as he doesn't exactly have a wide range as an actor!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Also read the book. A bit disjointed. Ok read however much preferred another book read at roughly the same time. The life of Pi. Not seen that at the cinema yet - though I've heard it's good.
    I watched Life of Pi the other week, good film, but that was one I struggled with interms of the 'hidden message', kind of really didn't get the same message as everyone else, but then I don't believe in much really, so God is pushing it. Amazing CGI though.

I thought Cloud Atlas was a great film.

It's structured differently from the book.

I didn't have a clue what was going on. The bottle of wine drank during the pre-film meal didn't help but seemed pretty hard to follow and eventually I lost interest.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone here seen Cloud Atlas and The Fountain by Aaronofsky, from the trailers the ideas appear very similar.

Craftsman
    I saw Cloud Atlas recently. I thought it was very good. I can't remember ever seeing anything like it. It spans so many genres/centuries and has the same actors playing a multitude of roles, it held my attention throughout. It seemed a very ambitious project, and for me it definitely worked. I'd recommend it.

Re: Cloud atlas?

Great movie, ambitious in its scale. Enjoyed it at the cinema, might be harder work at home!

I enjoyed the film after a confused first 30 minutes.

Tom Hanks really gets on my whick (and especially in this film) but even he can't ruin it.

cloud atlas

I enjoyed the book, so I am hoping the movie works as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Just seen a trailer for this and I have to say it looks intriguing? Has anyone read the Book or heard anything about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Has anyone here seen Cloud Atlas and The Fountain by Aaronofsky, from the trailers the ideas appear very similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by chafer View Post
    Great movie, ambitious in its scale. Enjoyed it at the cinema, might be harder work at home!
    Loved The Fountain, I'm 2 hours into watching Cloud Atlas and enjoying it just as much. Although it does demand that you pay constant attention otherwise losing the plot line and its connections through the time periods in which it is set. For a three hour film that requires some reasonable concentration. Some of the settings are just outstanding, both digitally created and genuine vistas.

Saw the film on Monday - very good.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I haven't seen the movie, but the book is very good indeed. I re-read it for the fourth time recently, which is not something I've done often, and I appreciate it a little more each time.

I know that David Cameron congratulated the comedian David Mitchell on how much he'd enjoyed it.................... never really a detail man our PM