closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsolicited offers via PM?

Master
    I'm not sure if new members have access to Heroes & Villains to check on members' reputations. There may be a minimum time period or post count before access is granted?

I have bought and sold this way. Even traded a few watches.
    Nothing suspicious, just an informal way of trying to help each other.

These deals were often the nicest ones. Usually arranged within 2 or 3 PM's.

This is especially true if you post a pic of a particularly rare/obscure watch. It's amazing how many people come out of the woodwork to expresst interest in it. As a matter of fact, I registered on wus many years ago just to pm someone who posted a pic of a really cool watch. Of course, all I got was that it belonged to his wife and he did not have any interest in these "jap" watches!
    Last edited by lenny; 8th February 2013 at 16:39.

Craftsman
    Completely normal. Just make sure you you do your homework....

I have had some nice PM's from members when expressing an intrest on a certain watch and would defiantly deal with them in the future :)

Journeyman

Unsolicited offers via PM?

Ok, thanks everyone after almost 3 full pages of replies I think I get it now :)

Quote Originally Posted by ip09 View Post
    Ok, thanks everyone after almost 3 full pages of replies I think I get it now :)
    I just want to make perfectly sure, that you understand, that most of us thínk it perfectly natural to be offered a watch and that all you have to do is 'buy the seller.' We might even make it to three pages too. Good luck buying the watch

is it 3 pages yet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jegger View Post
    is it 3 pages yet?
    I'll do my bit to add to it :-).
    I'm now the proud owner of a watch I spent 2 years tracking down thanks to sending a member a PM about the one they had and if they would mind giving me a heads up IF it was ever to be up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    I'm now the proud owner of a watch I spent 2 years tracking down thanks to sending a member a PM about the one they had and if they would mind giving me a heads up IF it was ever to be up for sale.
    I once bullied a member in to selling me a watch via PM. Either that, or he was more clever than I thought, made me think he didn't want to sell it and actually sold me a watch via unsolicited PMing means...

...damn it, I've been had

Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post

Good post...are we there yet?