closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ashley Cole

Ashley Cole

...100 caps this week.

A difficult chap to like (maybe the least popular player in the country) but a great player. If he was a good bloke we would see more of him than Beckham.

I will go back to disliking Ashley next week but for this week - respect is due. Hope the crowd give him a decent cheer.

E

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FatElvis View Post
    ...100 caps this week.

A difficult chap to like (maybe the least popular player in the country) but a great player. If he was a good bloke we would see more of him than Beckham.

I will go back to disliking Ashley next week but for this week - respect is due. Hope the crowd give him a decent cheer.

E
    What makes it all the more remarkable is that is does not get paid.

Very very good footballer, I still remember the game v Portugal when he was up against the fake Ronaldo. A great bout within a bigger contest but excellent to watch.
    Don't know him as a person so won't comment on that side, but as a footballer he would still improve most football teams in his position.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    What makes it all the more remarkable is that is does not get paid.
    Do they not get paid these days? I'm surprised most of them bother to turn up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mav66 View Post
    They do turn up, but just don't bother to play well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mav66 View Post
    Their fees get paid into a charitable trust. No England player gets paid these days, although I'm not sure if they get expenses paid.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FatElvis View Post
    ...100 caps this week.

E
    Well he's only really disliked by the Gooners and Cheryl Cole fans, isn't he? Most people just think he's a really top left back, although I would rather have Leighton Baines.....

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    as a chelsea fan i am biased, but he seems to be well like by juniors etc at the club who say he is a good influence etc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bva View Post
    as a chelsea fan i am biased, but he seems to be well like by juniors etc at the club who say he is a good influence etc
    I'm sure the young lad that he shot with an air rifle loves him

Master
    A wonderful individual and a great example to us all. Especially children who would do well to note his selfless attitudes to others.

Very good player, and its an achievement to reach 100. He doesn't come across well, but a lot of that is our discomfort with his perceived money-grabbing attitude. Doubt it bothers him.

Journeyman
    A good footballer no doubt, although I think he benefits from the lack of quality left back players. The player before his ankle problems I think was truly world class.

However, he has the maturity of a 15 year old. Some of his decison making off the field is just bizarre. I think it is best for all concerned that he has adopted the policy of keeping his 'thoughts' to himself.

Craftsman
    Very good player.

I would still struggle to name many better left backs in the world. His energy is unbelievable!

If Gareth Bale were English I very much doubt he would have got to 100 caps. (I think Baines would suit Bale better) back to Cole I've only seen him play live twice, the rest have been on the TV, a very good player but world class? he play's in an era when left sided players are a minority. But probably the best we have produced. Paul Breitner, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Carlos were world class IMHO.

I didn't realise that he was a true role model for the youngsters.
    Maybe all the young kids should follow his road map to success and happiness.
    Work hard, get married, mess about with loose women, get divorced.

Hmmmm, there seems to be a flaw in his cunning plan.

Master
    A poor role model by any standard but credit to him for citing David Rocastle as one of his sources of inspiration on the pitch.