closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any fake "Ball" watches likely to be on the market?

Question Any fake "Ball" watches likely to be on the market?

Good afternoon 8-)

After spending quite a few days hunting for my first watch, I'm actually now considering buying something used initially, at a lower price-point; then adding an additional "ideal" watch later on. Potential Collector alert!!!
    I've been keeping an eye on a few Hamilton's and I stumbled across "Ball", who are name I had not heard of. Looking into the brand further, I do like the style of some of their watches.

I'd promised myself I will steer clear of eBay and Gumtree when I was looking for an Omega/Breitling. I couldn't spot a fake a mile off with my limited knowledge.
    However, with Bell being slightly less well-known, are there likely to be any fakes out there?
    I suppose I should ask the same RE: Hamilton too...

Many thanks.
    Stu

Yes.

Google "replica Ball watches" and you have your answer.
    Gray

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    theyre both faked.
    nothing is safe from it these days.. even casio digitals / g shocks etc are being copied.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Yes.

Google "replica Ball watches" and you have your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    theyre both faked.
    nothing is safe from it these days.. even casio digitals / g shocks etc are being copied.
    Scary. It seems nothing is safe. Thanks for the replies. So, ensuring all paperwork/receipts and history is available is a must then, as a minimum.
    A couple of examples on there just give me a bad feeling anyway. Poor photos and lack of care/attention with the listing doesn't inspire me with confidence in the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by iml View Post
    Very good! ;-)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There is a company in Guangzhou making replica Ball watches. They are using Chinese clone 7750 movements and the cases are 316L SS.
    A close inspection would reveal a difference in quality . I saw them at Guangzhou International watch market last year. I go there twice a year and usually get to see the latest available fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_M3 View Post
    Scary. It seems nothing is safe. Thanks for the replies. So, ensuring all paperwork/receipts and history is available is a must then, as a minimum.
    A couple of examples on there just give me a bad feeling anyway. Poor photos and lack of care/attention with the listing doesn't inspire me with confidence in the owner.
    You can even get fake boxes and papers... I would stick to buying either from a trusted forum member, here or elsewhere, or if you buy from ebay tell the seller to meet at a jewellers to have it checked out before parting with any folding stuff. It may cost you a couple of quid for a jeweller to look at it but it's better than buying a dud

DC