closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First time in 15 years I don't own a Seiko

First time in 15 years I don't own a Seiko

Having been in a bit of a flux with watches, where nothing particularly interested me I decided to take a radical step.

Sell everything I currently own and start afresh, that should kick start a new enthusiasm.

I have Sold over the past few weeks:
    Seiko 6105-8110
    Seiko 6159-7001
    Seiko 7K52-6A19
    Breitling Pluton
    Longines Ultronic
    Sinn Lemania
    And a few more

I decided to have a fun/weekend type watch and a work watch (and perhaps a beater type quartz)

Still haven't sold all that I intend to sell the GMT 2 Ceramic is still here (cough cough) and the Zenith Rainbow will hitting a SC near you when I build up the courage (it was my 50th pressie).

But what struck me this morning was I don't own a Seiko............in over 15 years I have always had one - there are a couple that I will explore in the future but at this time just seems a little strange.

So the fun/weekend watch.........Doxa DivingStar GMT

My work watch.........Omega Speedmaster 35th LE

Crikey, brave step.

I've never been a fan of the Doxa but bravo on hanging on to the 35th LE. Such a great looking dial - a perfect work (assuming you spend your working days in a suit rather than a hi-vis at least!) watch.

Damn.... Thats just 'wrong'..... I might gift you one to keep the world turning correctly....
    Cheers..
    Jase

I was also down to no Seikos, but a new Mini Monster has now arrived, and highly recommended.

Master
    I have to say I think both your Doxa and Omega look fantastic

OK you've pulled our collective leg now Derek, tell me you're joking now?

A radical move indeed!

I decided about a year ago that I was going to take my collection up-market, so in a bid to claw back some of the money I was spending I decided that some watches had to go.

Amongst others, I then proceeded to sell all my Seikos. Out went my Sawtooth, a 7002, a mint SKX009, a little Seiko 5 and finally (and painfully) all three of my first generation Monsters.

So now I too have no Seikos in my collection - and I have to say it does seem most peculiar.

I share your pain!

Simon

As per our PM conversation, I have a few Seiko's to which I have strong sentimental attachment - so I can't imagine being without any.

On the plus side, at least you know that your 6159-7001 is on it's way to a loving and appreciative home!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Damn.... Thats just 'wrong'..... I might gift you one to keep the world turning correctly....
    Anytime you know my address

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    OK you've pulled our collective leg now Derek, tell me you're joking now?
    Honsetly, nadder, zilcho I can take some comfort by stalking your posts in future

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    A radical move indeed!

I decided about a year ago that I was going to take my collection up-market, so in a bid to claw back some of the money I was spending I decided that some watches had to go.

Amongst others, I then proceeded to sell all my Seikos. Out went my Sawtooth, a 7002, a mint SKX009, a little Seiko 5 and finally (and painfully) all three of my first generation Monsters.

So now I too have no Seikos in my collection - and I have to say it does seem most peculiar.

I share your pain!

Simon
    I think you have to go through spells of wanting x and y, but in the end their only bits of fancy jewelry and whatever people say they don't have a soul, but I will need to scratch my 'Spring Drive' itch.

Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2 View Post
    As per our PM conversation, I have a few Seiko's to which I have strong sentimental attachment - so I can't imagine being without any.

On the plus side, at least you know that your 6159-7001 is on it's way to a loving and appreciative home!
    It was an interesting story Dan and look forward to a review of your new set of twins.

Hi Derek,

Most of my watches have a dash of colour to them, and I must say that the yellow on your Doxa GMT is lovely!! I especially like the way they've done the GMT hand, very very neat

Oh yes, I forgot to say.... that Doxa is just stunning :)

Simon

Good idea to have a dress/office/work watch, a weekend/casual/sport watch, and a quartz beater. To me though the Doxa and Speedy both occupy the weekend/casual/sporty slot, unless your job is astronaut or diver!

Suggestion A: GS or Seiko dress watch, Speedy daily wearer, Doxa as beater.

Suggestion B: Speedy as best/work watch, Doxa casual watch, Seiko beater.