closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Steinhart Snowflake Sub

Alternatively if you just email Maurice at Aramar he would most likely be able to sort you out a refund?

Well I was thinking that, but I paid via bank transfer so it will probably be a hassle for him.

I might just email him and see, im sure there must be a waiting list so he wont be out of pocket?!

I'm pretty certain he's mentioned a waiting list and would be able to sort you out a refund. He's been most helpful when I've emailed him and prompt in replying.

As others have commented it would be nice if they came up with something original. They (Steinhart) have not overly impressed me, I bought one and moved it on after a few day's a Red Sub if I remember rightly. Sort of cheap and cheerful but no where near the quality of Timefactors far from it!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Sort of cheap and cheerful but no where near the quality of Timefactors far from it!
    Broadly similar quality, I would say - but this is based on a single Steinhart and about a dozen from Timefactors.

I continue to be slightly miffed with this. The latest from Aramar seems to be that it will be completed in May and delivery in June, however, all updates seem to be coming from WUS. Now Aramar have no idea whether I am registered on WUS or even aware of it. They took my money in January on the promise of a 6-8 week delivery schedule and haven't felt the need to e-mail me a single update. Obviously if I wasn't getting updates on WUS I would have contacted them by now but that's hardly the point.

I'm that close now that it's not worth seeking a refund but I wouldn't do business with them again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ohh I do like a homage watch, and I like this one, sadly I will have to wait till it comes up for sale,

in the meantime, heres some pics of the homage of the Rolex Pan Am GMT made by Steinhart for you guys to look over, number 26/40,

its weird I wear my speedy a lot, but this watch always draws a comment,

Master
    Blog Entries
    A great design - I'll stick with my (slightly battered) original for now, but can't say I'm not tempted to get an unmarked daily wearer

ATB

Jon

I have only just seen this and im gutted that iv missed the boat on thiswatch absolutely gutted.

Very nice indeed, these were made by Steinhart with Aramar as well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    ohh I do like a homage watch, and I like this one, sadly I will have to wait till it comes up for sale,

in the meantime, heres some pics of the homage of the Rolex Pan Am GMT made by Steinhart for you guys to look over, number 26/40,

its weird I wear my speedy a lot, but this watch always draws a comment,

Nice, I just wish they would make at least one of their watches 40mm. I'd have bought one years ago otherwise.

I really like this one and I was very tempted to order one, before it was sold out. I didn't pulled the trigger, because at the end I thought I'm not connected to aramar in any way and this would mean more to people with such a connection. If they produce a similar version in the future, distributed directly from Steinhart, it is very possible that I would go for it.

I've no connection to Aramar either but I've got number four on its way anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I've no connection to Aramar either but I've got number four on its way anytime soon!
    Have you heard anything from Aramar, Dave?

Master
    This looks great. Never owned a Steinhart before but this seems to tick a few boxes!
    I've put my name down on their cancellation list though I'm not hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Have you heard anything from Aramar, Dave?
    Only what I've read on WUS. It's due within the next week or two and there's been no information to the contrary yet. He's supposed to email everyone just before despatch so I'm waiting patiently!

Latest from Aramar:

Originally Posted by Aramar
    Hi Folks, some good and some bad news from Steinhart today. The good news is that the parts for the watches are ready! The very, very bad news is the movements. The very mighty ETA concern promissed Steinhart 500 ETA 2824-2 movements and they deliverd just 40......... And ETA simply claims that they deliverd....... Steinhart is getting sick and tired about this and as you can see on his own website he can hardly deliver any of the ever popular Ocean watches. The Swatch group just delivers exactly the amount of movements needed by companies like Breitling and Rolex (Tudor) but the small, independent companies get whatever ETA is willing to send. To my opinion it is a real shame that this very mighty company is acting so arrogant towards Steinhart (and other small companies). Steinhart has been a loyal and good customer for many years now, and ETA just doesn't deliver what they promissed by contract. Actually this does not suprise me at all, when my wife tried to get a simple strap for a Swatch it took more then three months to send it, and they send the wrong one........... ETA/Swatch is not interested in the small customers anymore only in the big business. For the Arctic Ocean it is a problem. Yes, the watches will be made and delivered, but only once Swatch finally decidedes to live up to it's promisses (and signed contract!!!). From this point, and also on behalf of Steinhart, we both can only say sorry for the big delay caused by ETA. I hope the watches will be ready somewhere this summer and we all can enjoy the beautiful Arctic Oceans!!

Whilst Steinhart's issues with ETA seem to be well reported and I have no reason to doubt Aramar's explanation for the delay, I'm pretty fed up with the saga and have cancelled my order to fund one or more of Eddie's new models.

If they have the rest, are there pics yet of how the watch looks now?

Master
    Mmm, having followed this topic now since hearing about it, I am not surprised that Steinhart cannot get movements anymore, as that is the long term goal of ETA. I suppose it's up to ETA who they wish to supply as although historically they have supplied all companies, they are under no obligation to anymore and have tried, poorly perhaps, to give companies enough time to source other options. I don't feel it's bullying to be honest but no doubt, it will have a negative affect on many companies. Hopefully Sellita or perhaps Citizen will have further options but the real crisis at the mo for any movement maker, are hairsprings, from what I have read. These will be interesting times for the likes of Steinhart and I am curious to see how it will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    If they have the rest, are there pics yet of how the watch looks now?
    No pics. Latest from Aramar:

I spoke with Steinhart and he told me to have a couple of watches ready in three-four weeks from now. I truely hope so, but this would be amazing. No pics of the watch parts yet, they are still in Swiss. Steinhart informed me that he has a back order now of 600-700 watches, thanks to these nice ETA guys................. I am busy at this moment via another supplier if I can get the ETA2824-2 myself and have them built in by Steinhart. If I can get them I will post it here immediately of course.
    I've had my money refunded this afternoon, so my interest is at an end.

Master
    That is a deal shame about eta but it has been publicised well for a while they don't supply the small companies so well,

I have a few watches from steinhart, stowa and cw with eta movements and they find it hard to buy in large quantities, shame but there are other watch movements, one of my best pieces is sellita powered and I also have a nice seagull hand winder too

The latest over on watchuseek.

Hi Folks, a new update on the Arctic Ocean. I managed myself to get 100 pieces through a Swiss contact of mine. The movements are really TOP ETA 2824-2 movements, meaning blued screws, Geneva stripes etc. etc. So that's very good news on the movements. I just got of the Phone and Steinhart told me he gave the manufacturer the order to start producing everything. Since the Swiss Holidays are upcoming he informed me to let you all know that the 100 watches will be ready end of August. For those wondering what the colour would be, it is exactly as shown in my pics, so dark blue. I am really excited about it that I finally can deliver the watches at the end of August!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    The latest over on watchuseek.
    And now I feel jealous of you all again!
    I want one :(

An Homage too far?

Taken from the Aramar website:

The Aramar Arctic Ocean:Due to the fact that Steinhart has on-going delivery problems, we decided to stop with Steinhart. As you all might know we already sourced 100 pcs. of the ETA2824-2 TOP. Since we managed to get a factory to built the watches for us as well, the Arctic Ocean became a complete Aramar watch. The Aramar Arctic Ocean will be built by the orignial manufacturer of Steinhart and therefore the quality will be awesome, combined with the TOP ETA movements. The Aramar Arctic Ocean will be the launch of a totally new brand with many new models to come!

I much preferred the original Steinhart design and am now feeling alittle undecided as to whether I should go for a refund. I like the idea of thetop grade movement, but not the latest design as much. I will probably mull itover for a while longer.

It looks the same as the original Steinhart design to me... Apart from the omission of "Steinhart" on the dial.

My only concern would be that Aramar is unheard of, where as Steinhart is a well known brand now... Do people really want to be paying the same price as a Steinhart watch?

I'm not too disappointed that I pulled out of this one.

Who is the above referenced manufacturer of Steinhart watches?

I think that they are talking about Grovena.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Who is the above referenced manufacturer of Steinhart watches?

Craftsman
    I pulled out last night, disappointed with this re-design and the name change. Must also add that Aramar was very quick to reply to my cancellation request and the refund was immediately issued.

Quote Originally Posted by brugo View Post
    I pulled out last night, disappointed with this re-design and the name change. Must also add that Aramar was very quick to reply to my cancellation request and the refund was immediately issued.
    Looking at this latest photo, I think you made a good call Bruno.

Martin

I nearly went for one of these back in January.....glad I didn't!
    Somehow the latest photo looks fairly unappealing.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I guess the new photos show what was going to happen - they use the Steinhart Sub case.

The original rendering was very much more a traditional sub design - this one is not. Well of course they were going to use the parts vailable, not make new ones.

It'll make a nice watch, but not "want one" watch for me, and I love all things snowflake (well, most)

D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I guess the new photos show what was going to happen - they use the Steinhart Sub case.

The original rendering was very much more a traditional sub design - this one is not. Well of course they were going to use the parts vailable, not make new ones.

It'll make a nice watch, but not "want one" watch for me, and I love all things snowflake (well, most)

D
    As I recall, the original rendering was simply a photoshopped (actual) Tudor snowflake.
    This forum crowd sourcing thing is really getting out of hand IMHO.

Journeyman
    I'm still undecided, do love a blue good quality sub that is not from Rolex (i dont have 18k laying around for a white gold watch) and think the blue Tudors are overpriced. Tried some asian one but missed quality. I'll decide when it's actually around to see, i only live 90-100 km from Aramar.

I would like to see it limited to 100 still.

I like the look of it and im still pissed off that iv missed out on it ......so if any of you won't to flip it as soon as you get it for you money back send me a pm please .......
    Last edited by relic; 15th July 2013 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    I think that they are talking about Grovena.
    Ok, thank you.

The whole project was a disaster, delays, design changes, logo changes, lack of pics and updates.

Journeyman
    Does anyone know what happened to this????

Steinhart gave Aramar the runaround so it's now in the process of being made by Grovana. The last I heard was that it would be delivered in November.

If I get mine before Christmas it will be a pleasant surprise.

Journeyman
    Thank you for the reply and glad to see someone else is still waiting but I do wonder if they will ever get made

Has This been released yet? Haven't seen any pics or unboxings yet.

It's probably going to be in the new year now. It would appear that it's definitely making progress albeit somewhat slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
    Is it just me that think it's the worst POS I have seen in long time?

At least they should come up with something better not just a ripoff with some other text.

It's tragic to see they not even use their "own hands" photoshopped original hands walks IMHO.
    My feelings exactly.

I got an email from Maurice at Aramar yesterday confirming expected delivery in January. I stayed in as I still like the updated design and it is staying limited to 100 pieces.

Blog Entries
    Is it known who is building it now?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Is it known who is building it now?
    The watches are being built by Grovana according to Aramar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The watches are being built by Grovana according to Aramar.
    Doh, I had forgotten. Many thanks.

I've just seem these pics posted on WUS