closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay weirdness

Ebay weirdness

There are some truly peculiar people on Ebay, I received an email last week from someone I don't know.....

"Please leave your comment to my emails concerning feedback. "

My reply was "I haven't a clue what you're on about."

Then I get this..........

"Replies to my email are in and most are positive. Due to your reluctance to reply, is it safe for me to conclude you're the one who left bad feedback? Can you explain why? You have saved lots of money shopping online from the convenience of your home without moving your backside. Your stuff is delivered to your doorstep, in good time and at minimum cost. Spare a thought for the seller who may have to make a special trip from out of town to post the parcel and may risk wheel clamp whilst looking for a parking space. Can you find justification for your action?"

So I looked at what I had bought, it was some printer cartridges from this guy/girl and I had left positive feedback............beyond belief, again I replied I left positive feedback and a little research on his part would have found this out.

Very weird.

Weird indeed.

is it safe for me to conclude you're the one who left bad feedback?
    No conclusion needed: he should be able to see exactly who left him negative feedback.

They're out there...

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Maybe he/she means the star ratings?

You certainly seemed very restrained on your reply!! It's a bit much sending you this rude email, especially when you left positive feedback? As was said it should be easy to see who left them negative feedback? But with this attitude they almost certainly going to get some at some point?

Ebay weirdness

The wheel clampers in his town are keen, it seems they can clamp a car whilst it's still moving!

Master
    Mouth breather, by the sounds of it.

Blog Entries
    Rude seller on a fishing expedition! My reply would have been not so polite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Rude seller on a fishing expedition! My reply would have been not so polite.
    Definitely fishing but for what, exactly, though? It seems very weird. It's as if the eBay feedback he got wasn't enough and now he wants confirmation by email. Or, if I read between the lines, did he get a neg, wasn't able to figure out who it was from for some reason, and is now emailing customers to find out!? Weird, no matter what.

Here is another he sent.......

"I am resolved to get to the bottom of this. To jog your memory, you bought from me a set of PGI-5BK/CLI-8 inks. Perhaps you expected to receive the inks in box but was not happy when they turned up out of box, wrapped in sticky tape. In fact you forgot to read item description that says: "
    All ink cartridges are taken out of box to save space but still sealed intact in their original Canon packaging. Carts can be shipped still in box for an additional £1.50."

I believe I sent you email beforehand telling you there is option for boxed carts at £1.50 extra to pay due to increased bulk and weight. Most people are happy to receive carts out of box and save on postal cost. Here is one typical email I received from one buyer: "Sorry to learn of your difficulties. I have no complaints about your postage charges - compared to many others, who are really taking the mickey and overcharging, yours are very reasonable. Shame on Ebay for their unreasonable action.
    Best from
    - stolensheep

Next time I suggest you contact seller first before leaving bad feedback which affects his trade. If you think the reason outlined above is correct, then you can make amend by writing to eBay to correct your mistake. Thanks."

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid8 View Post
    Maybe he/she means the star ratings?
    That's it. In a follow up email yesterday evening after I told him I left positive feedback, I received this.....

"You can leave good feedback overall but bad ratings on individual items. Did you give all 5 stars ratings? If so, my apologies.
    The fact is eBay says my seller performance is below par. I wrote to 16 people who left feedbacks, 5 came back positive, only you failing to provide good explanation. I'm only trying to find out who left bad ratings."

Jeez, all I did was buy ink cartridges and left positive feedback - this guy is going on my ebay `nuke the weirdo's list`

This is why I no longer leave any feedback.

Surely if his ratings are below par - it's because his performance is below par.

It's his problem not yours.
    You can't fix bad feedback by using harrassment tactics.
    No wonder E-bay aren't happy.

Clearly a mentalist.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    This is why I no longer leave any feedback.
    Have to say I've given up on feedback as what you can or more importantly can't say is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kibrisjason View Post
    Clearly a mentalist.
    Short and accurate!

Journeyman
    That's certainly strange behaviour, I hope he's not expecting repeat business from you in the future! I'm wondering just what he's hoping to achieve by his little crusade?

Simon

Craftsman
    Sad to say, eBay is not the place it was 10 yrs ago. I used to sell bits and pieces back then
    and bought from allover the world, but not now.
    It's full of car boot traders or pseudo corporate power sellers that masquerade as UK sellers
    but are based in some province of China..

Yes, there's a lot of nut jobs. 10-12 yrs ago, Ebay was not used wholesale by the populace.
    Now, it reflects the UK...full of pikeys & car boot sale traders.

Darren

Sounds like a nut job I think I'd of told him/her to FO, well done on keeping your cool.

probably a care in the community patient, on enough meds to able to fill a bucket every day. Thats the prob with fleabay (and the net), gives them a place to make themselves feel better at your expense.