closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Luxury garage for watches

Luxury garage for watches

My first post this year will not be surprisingly about watches - I have enough of them at this time. Again I was put in front of the question where to keep them? Is quite unpractical to have a single travel case for every watch. So I started looking for a case which would not be wooden and heavy but made from leather and not starly expensive.
    From common production of travel cases (except Buben&Zorweg or Underewood) I consider this jewel from OMEGA to be the best. However it is superb and done to the smallest detail, its price is more than 300 GBP. I almost took a softer variant (I like the press-button close and space between pads) but my inner unsure, if the watch set to mine 17 cm wrist could be to the pad, held me back. Also it is noticably bigger also...
    It costed me a few sleepless nights browsing on the international watch forums (there must be somebody facing a similar problem for sake!) until I found on Watchuseek cases from The Timetraveler. I believe it is a company set by local member from Australia. I contacted him, we change couple of emails and I decided for a leather box in brown colour for four watches. For the cost about 100 GBP I get this beauty about a week after payment was done.

Size is 175mm x 120mm x 60mm so it is small enough to be carried in the messenger bag or a suitcase.

Inside there is a space for 4 watches up to diameter of 42mm. It is primarily for Rolex sport models but as you can see Planet Ocean fits well also. Compartments are devided with press-button plate. So there is absolutely no worry about scratching watches themselvs. In the package there are also plastic pads which protects the back-case from scratches from the band. This is absolutely ridiculous item worth 1 cent but the effect is unpayable and simply genious!
    Workmanship is also the top-class. Italian leather smell nice (on the contrary of the boxes from LIDL or TCHIBO), stitches are one same the other. Only one exception - the zipper is made from plastic. I donīt know how solid it is - I hope it donīt splitt off one day. But I fully understand that the steel one can do more damage then good.

To sum it up...
    It made me very happy when I unwrap the package and I thing my hapiness will last quite a long :)

Journeyman
    nice........

Very nice, particularly like the contasting tones of the leather and inner material....looks like a good quality choice and should keep your lovely watches snug & safe in transit.

great company owned by one of the very best and our old school tz member jedly

sure many of the guys here have bought many a watch from him over the yrs

nice case enjoy , ive seen him bring many a treasure in this exact case last yr
    Last edited by alanski; 3rd January 2013 at 16:14.

I was looking at pulling the trigger on one of those last night. I think that has just made my mind up. Thanks OP

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at pulling the trigger on one of those last night. I think that has just made my mind up. Thanks OP

Nice piece of kit.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

thats defo a nice case i might consider that fo rmy self

Master
    Just been in touch regarding availability......

If there's enough interest how's about a group buy..... We might save a few quid on postage or somthing...??

Jed does some very nice stuff and the customer service is exemplary, the straps are also fantastic, i have had a couple!

Craftsman
    I know it says they suit 42mm watches but do you think my 44mm Panerai watches would fit ??
    I realy want one ???
    have e mailed them asking the question .
    Lee

looks great ....and sharp photos

i always thought those cases were for watches on straps with buckles...ie a deployant or bracelet would not fit in due to the join ...guess i was wrong !

I've got a watch roll for when I travel with more than one, but that looks much better thought out.

Malc

leechaz: by no chance :(
    Even the buckle would not fit...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jakubisko View Post
    leechaz: by no chance :(
    Even the buckle would not fit...

Thanks for your reply , that is a shame .
    Nice PAM you have got there .
    Lee

Master

It's a real shame that this won't accommodate a PO XL, it's a great design with cues taken from Omega's line only without the eye watering price tag, and the build quality looks excellent.

Master
    Had a reply.... On hols til 21st Jan...

Craftsman
    Good Value at 100

this is one of my garages lo.............................
    Rapport Box in Ebony

Master
    Wow that case for 100? looks to be a great buy. I would be willing to be in the group buy deal if there is any!