closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC Date & Time setting problems

IWC Date & Time setting problems

Any IWC experts ? I have an Aquatimer Chrono (IW371928). Just got it out after a 2 month rotation lay-off and can't seem to set the day and date. The time is fine but when you depress the button to turn the day and date, it starts to move then rotates but no movement of the day/date. Any ideas ? If it's a service, any suggestions on where ? I live in Bristol
    Cheers
    Phil

Master
    The first question is does the date and day advance when you just wind the time forward for 24 hours and more.

Apologies should have said that, yes it does, the day and the date change when wound forward 24hrs
    cheers

Master
    I am not a watchmaker but it sounds like the watch is fine. It may simply be that the wheel for adjustment is not engaging. Should be a simple fix but you may want to let the watch runs for a day or two and see if it re-engages. Happened to me once but resolved without needing to take it in!

Thanks for the help. I'll leave it for a day or two and see it if it comes good.

IWC Date & Time setting problems

You are not trying to change the day or date with the time showing any where between 9pm and 3 or 4 am are you
    If you are the date mech will be engaged and that will stop you changing them

Andy, You're a star. That's exactly what I was trying to do - I'm sure I could have read that in the instructions somewhere, if I had have thought to look !

What a great forum....

Thanks again

I have a Spitfire chrono IIRC you can cause damage by using the quick set day/date at the wrong time

I always pull out the crown and wind the hands around so that the day/date changes and then on to about 10 am before I set the correct day/date just to make sure if it been in storage

Quote Originally Posted by lifter View Post
    I have a Spitfire chrono IIRC you can cause damage by using the quick set day/date at the wrong time

I always pull out the crown and wind the hands around so that the day/date changes and then on to about 10 am before I set the correct day/date just to make sure if it been in storage
    Would you believe that once I was going to wait until the following morning to set the time on my Aquatimer.
    It was about an hour later I realised what a half wit I had become.

Cheers guys, good to know

Master
    Hi Phil, have you sorted out the problem? Don't worry we have all done it in the past and I have managed to avoid any damage.

I am now adopting the rule of hands pointing south before any adjustment and it works, that is if I remember!