closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prams/ travel systems help needed

Prams/ travel systems help needed

The Mrs is Peggers and will produce in May all going well :-)

So I have been tasked with researching prams/ car seats/ travel systems, as the older kids are now 8 what was good then seams very old hat from a quick look on the Internet. We have isofix in box cars so keen to use that for the car sets but not sure about using a car seat attached to a pram, or carry cot or other. Most likely we will use pram to wander round village with the dogs so one handed pushing maybe needed and too the shops but really after some recommendations or guidance on what's good or not good. Thanks
    Last edited by AndyMilts; 30th December 2012 at 17:43.

Master
    We have isofix in our VW & for our latest arrival we went for Cosato Giggle, it's really light, easy to fold, feels well made and the whole lot is around £300, carseat clips in so they so they dont wake up getting in & out of car (Godsend) and the pram bit is light too so you can take that bit anywhere, converts to a forward/rearward pushchair later:

God, how domesticated am I?! Get the bubble bath & candles out.

I like fires too.

edit:

Congrats also!

Apprentice
    Congratulations!

My tips are:

1. Get a Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix seat. Don't bother with travel cots, they're a waste of money in my opinion.
    2. Get down to John Lewis or a good local retailer, and have a look at what's out there now and have a fiddle. Just make sure the 'system' works with the Maxi-Cosi.
    3. Don't get too drawn in to it. My brother is like me and loves 'tech', but is looking to spend £800 for his first kid! I really can't see the rational myself for spending that much for something you'll use for a year, before you try and get them in a foldable pushchair, which is far easier to lug around.
    4. Once you've worked out what to buy, use the old internet to work out where to buy from. For what it's worth, I used http://www.pramworld.co.uk/ , but I'm in the North.

Have fun!

For our 4 year old daughter we got a Quinny Buzz 4 travel system with carry cot, seat and car seat adapters. We also got a MaxiCosi CabrioFix car seat with the EasyBase IsoFix base. When she got to around 10 months we also got a Maclaren Triumph buggy. We used this for a couple of years with it virtually replacing the Quinny.

We had a son in October and saw a a Maclaren Techno XLR on offer in Mothercare just before he was born. We decided to buy it because my wife is doing a lot more walking taking our daughter to school. This is a buggy from birth. It fully reclines and comes with a boot to cover the baby's feet. It is really easy to push, had suspension and is pretty light weight. The only downside is that the baby is not facing you. There is a window in the hood though so you can still see them. We are very happy with our choice. The Quinny has been used once since he was born (although he is sleeping in the carry cot).

Quinny Buzz with a pneumatic front wheel upgrade will do everything you need 'offroad'. Something Maclarenesque for the boot of he car. Job done.

We have had a Bug a Boo Chameleon. Certainly been the best we've had. Very light, easy to put up and down and feels well made. Really easy to push one handed as well.

Malc

We had Jane system for our first and found it a little cumbersome and far from user friendly.
    Second time around we purchased an Uppababy Vista along with a Maxi cosi seat and base.
    Canadian designed and built, was Which's Best Buy either last year or 2011.
    Easy one handed folding, will fit into a Mini boot if you require.
    Came with a Bassinet, can face forward or rearward, UV protection, insect screens, rain covers.

Thoroughly recommended by this parent.

K

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    We had Jane system for our first and found it a little cumbersome and far from user friendly.
    Second time around we purchased an Uppababy Vista along with a Maxi cosi seat and base.
    Canadian designed and built, was Which's Best Buy either last year or 2011.
    Easy one handed folding, will fit into a Mini boot if you require.
    Came with a Bassinet, can face forward or rearward, UV protection, insect screens, rain covers.

Thoroughly recommended by this parent.

K
    Ditto Upperbaby Vista. We didn't want to be like the masses with their Bugaboo prams, so we went o a Baby Show and tried many, with Upperbaby Vista in mind.

After a few tries, ordered the Vista and rest was history. The after sales was great. Now I tend to see more Upperbaby around in my area (North London, zone 3 areas)

Master
    We went for Britax. Car seat has Isofix base, fits to buggy wheels without adapters, light manageable one handed setup and car seat removal which was important. As Britax make car safety equipment thought they must know what they are doing. Oh, and it was cheap compared to Bugaboo, Maxi-cosi etc..

Banned
    well done on the incoming.

i spent the best part of my babyhood rattling around the back,front and anywhere else i landed in a Viva.

Banned
    What sort of nonsense is this? You have already done your bit as far as the baby is concerned. From here on its women's work!

congratulations!

Congratulations!

We've had a very good run out of our Quinny Buzz and we've been very happy with it. Still working well for our third child now. It's maybe a bit big to lug about and feels a bit wide in some shops but still fits in the small boot of a Nissan Note and with the wheels off doesn't take up too much space. Works great with the maxicosi baby seat. We purchased pretty much all the accessories but I'm not sure we've had value for money out of the cot top (although it did double up as a travel cot on a few occasions)

David

Congratulations.

The isofix is good because if you leave the car seat in the car (as I do now with my 2 year old), the car seat remains fixed and is not sliding around.

Take your car with you when you go shopping as you can fit the seat in your car and the stroller in the boot. Does it fit and is there any space left for the other mountain of things you have to carry.

I (well the wife) have another one on the way in May also and may need to buy something bigger than my Golf. Any recommendations? I dont fancy a people carrier!

Master
    The thread is 3 years old, so he has probably sorted the travel system by now and will be back to ask what bike to get the child next!

Deleted post due Zombie thread

Deleted