closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 28 Days Later

28 Days Later

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/index.php?

Anyone else surf this site. I find it fascinating. The quality of the photo's are generally superb and the history behind some of the stuff is very interesting. Would love to go on a sewer expedition some day !

Strange I was going to go on it later tonight! I really enjoy the concept and think its a nice site to surf through like you said :)

Good inspiration for photography locations and generally curiosity!

Master
    Have spent way too much time in the past on there, I find it interesting too.

Grand Master
    Great site, love it, cheers
    RIAC

Another lurker here.... love it. Not been on for ages.

My only criticism would be that the moderators sometimes seem to think that the quality of the photograph is more important than the subject. They can be a bit excessive about it at times. Having said that they obviously like to keep things to a high standard and there's nothing wrong with that !

28 Days Later

Been a long time lurker but haven't joined. Agreed with photography police on the site.

Some shockers on the site too. Someone posted pictures of RAF Binbrook being demolished. Was there in early 80's and was sad to see.

Oh no, a new obsession to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Oh no, a new obsession to deal with.
    Haha, tell me about it, talk about spreading thinly! :)

Master
    I pop over to it from time to time, as I have an interest in architecture. I find it frustrating that so many beautiful old buildings are just being left to rot, presumably so that they can be demolished by their owners and replaced with modern rubbish.

As an example, the staircase of this German courthouse is particularly lovely:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/...y-October-2012

Master

28 Days Later

Just lost about 2 hours to it having spotted this thread...thanks for that!

Was a member, but appear to have lapsed. Always liked the foreign reports from Bartje.

Another worth a look is:

http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/

Anybody got anything similar for the rest of the UK?
    ______

​Jim.

Great link, thank you
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Great site. Beware, it's a real time sap! :)
    Love looking at photos of abandoned places and the story's told by the remnants.

I've enjoyed that site for a while now. It got me interested enough to get myself into the old swimming baths here in Durham where I used to go as a lad. It used to cost 3d to get in (that's the old 12 sided 3d BTW!) It was a sad sight, and it's even worse now after being chavved and stripped out by the council.....

F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I've enjoyed that site for a while now. It got me interested enough to get myself into the old swimming baths here in Durham where I used to go as a lad. It used to cost 3d to get in (that's the old 12 sided 3d BTW!) It was a sad sight, and it's even worse now after being chavved and stripped out by the council.....

What's the age of the building? I'd guess early to mid 1920s by the Egyptian/Art Deco columns, but I wondered if you knew the exact date.

I was a member on the 28DL site twice!!- if you don't make a post every so often, you get terminated

I put a load of pics on there of our defunct offices at work, normally they're locked up as they're listed but after the '07 floods they had to be dried out so I went in with my camera

There are several 'strong rooms' which are basically room sized safes but as it was pitch black in them I couldn't get any pics (even with the torches I took in )

Cheers, John

These photos have something really special about them.

Wow, incredible that the mansions are just left ! Too expensive for the upkeep I'm guessing ?
    The military ones are a sad site :-(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I was a member on the 28DL site twice!!- if you don't make a post every so often, you get terminated

I put a load of pics on there of our defunct offices at work, normally they're locked up as they're listed but after the '07 floods they had to be dried out so I went in with my camera

There are several 'strong rooms' which are basically room sized safes but as it was pitch black in them I couldn't get any pics (even with the torches I took in )

Cheers, John

How old is that building? Edwardian?

Thanks for posting. Particularly interested in some of the underground stuff (mines). Think I recognize some from when I was a student.

Quote Originally Posted by jl smout View Post
    How old is that building? Edwardian?

I'm sorry but I don't know

I do know however that Barnes Wallace stayed in a sort of penthouse up there whilst testing was carried out on the bouncing bomb..

I think you may be correct as on the top floor there was a bathroom with solid mahogany doors that really looked Edwardian..

I'll ask around when I get back to work and see if anyone knows..

I wish I had taken more pics but it was late in the day and the light wasn't very good so torches were used to try for better lighting..

John