timefactors watches
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 77 of 77

Thread: Is this the place to boost your post volume?

  1. #51
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Essex, innit - know what I mean.
    Posts
    2,321
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    This where new members think they can surreptitiously increase their post count before mysteriously losing all their posts.

    Eddie
    Some people just don't get it do they 😄.

  2. #52
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chilterns
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by europa View Post
    'Turd' is a rather underused word.. we should use it more often.
    Only if you polish it........

  3. #53
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sussex uk
    Posts
    13,343
    Yep, you can easily polish a turd.

    dorodango.

  4. #54
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    139
    Very hard mate. Not that I have tried. .

  5. #55
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    735
    Oh I see now

  6. #56
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    178
    Well that was 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.

  7. #57
    Journeyman Jpshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    185
    Splendid

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    On The Fringe
    Posts
    17,013
    Quote Originally Posted by sco77w View Post
    Well that was 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpshell View Post
    Splendid
    Id suggest searching for the alternative thread to this - the one which names those members whove had their posts set back to zero...

  9. #59
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by sco77w View Post
    Well that was 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.
    Be wary young traveller; It may come to be 32 posts that you will never get back, now that you have entered the Kingdom of the posting dead.

    You must pray that the Great Watchmaker, Master of The Ban Hammer is not awake and hungry for fresh accounts to gather in this very day.... LOL

  10. #60
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Monmouth
    Posts
    68
    Well its a post!

  11. #61
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mayfair & Surrey
    Posts
    15,287
    Boost away, you won't be the first (he says with another shameless post)
    Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter



    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  12. #62
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    237
    It only gets worse from here on in .....

  13. #63
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,142
    With someone posting 3 times in this thread, guess what happens next?

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  14. #64
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    54
    Have to say it's a bit of a pain having to have 50 posts to look at the sale section. I found this forum while searching for a new watch, bought one from watches of wales but had I been able to access the classifieds I would have possibly bought there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But sure may as well use this section to build a few posts to try to get to 50 in for the next purchase.

  15. #65
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Have to say it's a bit of a pain having to have 50 posts to look at the sale section. I found this forum while searching for a new watch, bought one from watches of wales but had I been able to access the classifieds I would have possibly bought there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But sure may as well use this section to build a few posts to try to get to 50 in for the next purchase.
    How many posts are you going to squirrel away here?

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Have to say it's a bit of a pain having to have 50 posts to look at the sale section. I found this forum while searching for a new watch, bought one from watches of wales but had I been able to access the classifieds I would have possibly bought there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But sure may as well use this section to build a few posts to try to get to 50 in for the next purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    With someone posting 3 times in this thread, guess what happens next?

    Eddie


    Welcome to the Forum. At least you've joined for all the right reasons.

    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

  17. #67
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post


    Welcome to the Forum. At least you've joined for all the right reasons.

    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    Why would I leave when I've only just joined?

  18. #68
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    13,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Why would I leave when I've only just joined?
    That question has been asked before.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Why would I leave when I've only just joined?
    Did you read the bit that says "And been a member for 60 days?" You won't get to Sales Corner before 30 October, regardless of your post count.

    Unless, of course, you send "Swanborne" a PM, explaining why you should have preferential access.

  20. #70
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Unless, of course, you send "Swanbourne" a PM
    Be sure to spell his name right!

  21. #71
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,152
    Spell it how you like, dont be a slave to conventions and rules.
    Express your individuality.

  22. #72
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Did you read the bit that says "And been a member for 60 days?" You won't get to Sales Corner before 30 October, regardless of your post count.

    Unless, of course, you send "Swanborne" a PM, explaining why you should have preferential access.

    Saw that, I'm in no particular rush as I've just made a purchase but will look forward to getting a look end of October.

    There is also the point that I'm a newbie to the watch game, always had a passing interest but on many threads I feel I wouldn't have the knowledge to contribute. I have been enjoying reading tho. I hope long term the forum provides an interesting platform to chat/learn rather than a place to be ushered straight back out of.

  23. #73
    ^
    Quality post. I find that those who spend more time reading than typing have more to contribute than the turbo-posters.

    Don't mind the forum busybodies. ;)

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Saw that, I'm in no particular rush as I've just made a purchase but will look forward to getting a look end of October.

    There is also the point that I'm a newbie to the watch game, always had a passing interest but on many threads I feel I wouldn't have the knowledge to contribute. I have been enjoying reading tho. I hope long term the forum provides an interesting platform to chat/learn rather than a place to be ushered straight back out of.
    I'm sure it will. There are many knowledgeable people here, and it's a fascinating place.

    But beware. Anybody who makes their desire to get to Sales Corner public and rattles off multiple posts in a short space of time is in danger of their post count resetting to zero when they hit 49. Software glitch, I believe.

    Enjoy your stay.

  25. #75
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    256
    Oh well...

    Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

  26. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Saw that, I'm in no particular rush as I've just made a purchase but will look forward to getting a look end of October.

    There is also the point that I'm a newbie to the watch game, always had a passing interest but on many threads I feel I wouldn't have the knowledge to contribute. I have been enjoying reading tho. I hope long term the forum provides an interesting platform to chat/learn rather than a place to be ushered straight back out of.
    So, how did that work out for you?

  27. #77
    Is this thread still active?
    Lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •