closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bulova Precisionist 50% off...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    Was a little worried to find the watch unbuckled and thrown loose in the box beside the cushion, but definitely not a happy camper, when I peeled off, the immaculate, brand new crystal protector, to find this:
    WTH has happened to that one???

Bloody hell. When I first opened the thread I missed the text and saw the photo first - thought someone was doing a show 'n' tell of their vintage version.

That's really bad luck and poor form. I hope that has happened in transit rather than in-store and JL believing anyone would be happy to receive that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Bloody hell. When I first opened the thread I missed the text and saw the photo first - thought someone was doing a show 'n' tell of their vintage version.

That's really bad luck and poor form. I hope that has happened in transit rather than in-store and JL believing anyone would be happy to receive that.
    Definitely didn't get damaged in transit.
    The packaging was totally undamaged and the watch had a brand new unmarked crystal protector on it.
    The photo makes it look worse, but as you can see it's definitely all scratched.
    Last edited by Zimmer; 4th January 2013 at 15:28.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it sorted out. Some consolation I guess with it being John Lewis, you're not going to have any problems returning it and getting your money back.

If it's out of stock there for an exchange, it might be worth checking Amazon - they have the same model when I checked a week or so ago. It may be a little bit more than what you paid but it's still not a bad price.

I don't mean to rub it in but I've been wearing mine for the past couple of days and I'm growing to like it more than I did. The steel has a nice sheen (I have the bracelet version), it's big and the curve in the glass gives it an acrylic-like effect over the dial. It's big - for a while there I thought too big - but I'm happy with it. And the stepped dial with cut-out numerals is impressive for a watch at this level. Overall, it's great for the money.

Good luck with getting your situation resolved. Let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by scarto; 4th January 2013 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it sorted out. Some consolation I guess with it being John Lewis, you're not going to have any problems returning it and getting your money back.

If it's out of stock there for an exchange, it might be worth checking Amazon - they have the same model when I checked a week or so ago. It may be a little bit more than what you paid but it's still not a bad price.

I don't mean to rub it in but I've been wearing mine for the past couple of days and I'm growing to like it more than I did. The steel has a nice sheen (I have the bracelet version), it's big and the curve in the glass gives it an acrylic-like effect over the dial. It's big - for a while there I thought too big - but I'm happy with it. And the stepped dial with cut-out numerals is impressive for a watch at this level. Overall, it's great for the money.

Good luck with getting your situation resolved. Let us know how you get on.
    Been wearing mine for a few days too and I think it is fantastic - and even more so at the price point. Very pleased indeed.
    It's just a matter of time...

Update.
    Sent watch back to John Lewis on 07/01/13. Explained that I would like an exchange because of the scratches, and I also mentioned, that it cost me £10 to return it (registered post from Rep. of Ireland). I included my email address and phone number. Didn't get any reply or explanation of any description from John Lewis, and only today I noticed on my credit card statement, they had refunded the original purchase price of £99.50 on 14/01/13.
    That's the first and last time, they will have me as a customer.

Anyway, bought the "brown" version from Amazon,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulova-96B12...8896119&sr=8-1
    for the same £99 so hopefully, I'll have better luck when that one arrives.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    Update.
    Sent watch back to John Lewis on 07/01/13. Explained that I would like an exchange because of the scratches, and I also mentioned, that it cost me £10 to return it (registered post from Rep. of Ireland). I included my email address and phone number. Didn't get any reply or explanation of any description from John Lewis, and only today I noticed on my credit card statement, they had refunded the original purchase price of £99.50 on 14/01/13.
    That's the first and last time, they will have me as a customer.

Anyway, bought the "brown" version from Amazon,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulova-96B12...8896119&sr=8-1
    for the same £99 so hopefully, I'll have better luck when that one arrives.
    is it too late to cancel?

there is one for £88.xx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulova-Gents..._sbs_watches_2