closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sawtooth Show & Tell

Lightbulb Sawtooth Show & Tell

I'm lucky enough to have a Seiko Sawtooth on the way. It's not one I see much of on the forums these days, if you've had/have one please post up your thoughts and photos.

Thank you

No pics, I'm afraid; never got around to taking any.
    For its price it's a surprisingly well-made watch. Heavy and smart but not too thick, and visually punching above its weight. The lume is amongst the best of any non-Tritium tube watches I've seen.

The movement is a very ordinary no-jewel Seiko but despite that it's pretty accurate and should last for many years.

I've got two identical watches (old and shoddy iPhone pics of one below)
    One sits under my monitor and acts as my desk clock, reliable time setting reference and all round beater.
    I really do wear it when I shouldn't have on a watch at all so it has all the wear of a tough old nut.
    The other one is used by my wife, in rotation, and my 15 year old. Both enjoy the compliments they get when wearing it.
    I had no idea they were a sawtooth variant until I'd had them for maybe 5 or 6 years (probably 8 years I've had them now at a guess).
    One from our host and it's partner from eBay. I don't think either one new was more than £145.

Gray

I used to own one but traded it, regretted it ever since and recently had the change to get it back. So here it is again, my blue Sawtooth. The design and build-quality of it is very good, with functional screws which hold the shroud in place. The bracelet is just excellent. Lume is strongest I've seen, and I like the big-index dial layout. Its a tough watch as well, it can take a lot of abuse without showing it and for me the 7N36 quartz movement is accurate enough. I believe interest in these is growing as they are discontinued for some years now.

And a wristshot:

Thank you for the great responses so far. I have a blue one arriving like yours retep.

One thing I am not sure about with these is the bracelet, I'm just not sure that I like the look of it with those polished parts and the way it flairs out. I have seen some pictures with them on a lumpy so I may well give that a try.

Those of you that have owned one, how did it wear on the wrist? As the diameter of these is pretty big.

Looks great in blue, love the wavey dial
    Gray

It was a nice watch, great lume. I think the size and shape must have led me to move it on. It's wide and flat compared to a lot of divers. It would probably look best on wrists bigger than 7.25". I also struggled to find a strap combo I liked, because the case shape (lug shape?) seems to call for a notched strap. I wore it on a Chronissimo much of the time, but a leather strap on a newer dive watch never seems right to me. I think a shark mesh worked well too if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    Those of you that have owned one, how did it wear on the wrist? As the diameter of these is pretty big.
    On the wrist it is perfectly balanced because it is rather flat, so no wobbliness at all. This goes for the bracelet as well for the OEM rubber Marinemaster strap I have fitted now. One other advantage of it being flat is that you don't bang it into doorposts etc. while wearing, something rather common with other large diameter dive watches.

Thanks, that's good to know. What size wrist do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Retep View Post
    On the wrist it is perfectly balanced because it is rather flat, so no wobbliness at all. This goes for the bracelet as well for the OEM rubber Marinemaster strap I have fitted now. One other advantage of it being flat is that you don't bang it into doorposts etc. while wearing, something rather common with other large diameter dive watches.

My wristsize is 7 1/2 inch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Looks great in blue, love the wavey dial

I have to agree, looks great in the blue,more tool like than the Omega quartz 'EB' but a lot cheaper though. Seiko produce some of the best VFM watches out there. Enjoy. Kev

My latest and well-wabi'd one (currently being refurbed):

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Well it's arrived and I have to say that early impressions are good. Not too big, I thought it may over hang or dwarf my wrist. Here are a few quick shots.

Craftsman
    I had one a few years ago. Lots to like but not a long-time keeper, glad I owned it.

Looks good on the Zulu/Rhino rowbie.

Trying out a lumpy for now.

Another pick out today in the snow.

1 of the best watches seiko have released in recent years, although as with a lot of their short run watches people are now asking way above true value for them. the market dictates i suppose.

i loved mine...
    sawtooth.jpg
    sawtoothiso.jpg