closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bulova Precisionist 50% off...

Hybrid View

Bulova Precisionist 50% off...

In the John Lewis sale - a few models - but only 1 left of the model I've snagged ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Will be interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives.... not sure on these.

Which model did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Which model did you get?
    Went for this one - been looking at it for a while. Only seen it originally with a brown dial, which I wasn't convinced on. Tried this exact model on whilst on holiday - but they only offered 15% off, which wasn't great - at least with this, I'm never going to lose too much. I think it's worth every penny of £125-£150.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Went for this one - been looking at it for a while. Only seen it originally with a brown dial, which I wasn't convinced on. Tried this exact model on whilst on holiday - but they only offered 15% off, which wasn't great - at least with this, I'm never going to lose too much. I think it's worth every penny of £125-£150.

Yes, that one looks good, I've only seen the chronos before and they looked too busy for me.

I am sure Bulova used to be the worlds largest watchmaker - I think they must be pretty close again today - well the parent company is, Citizen! They have a lot of history as a brand, and it is good to see them doing something interesting - I like the idea of the movement, just need to see what it is like in reality.

Only just notices it's rated as 30m! Damn me and my on the spare of the moment purchases! Oh well, at this price I'm not going to take it off for any wet work and if it fails it fails!

I don't like the look of this one - even reduced 50% from £399!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

I've said this before but I believe our tastes are similar so I knew it'd be this one.

To me it has a look of the JLC AMVOX1 with those numerals.

The only thing about it is that in some wristshots, the case seems to strangely curve over the wrist like it's bent....a bit like some Salvador Dali clock. Know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    I've said this before but I believe our tastes are similar so I knew it'd be this one.

To me it has a look of the JLC AMVOX1 with those numerals.

The only thing about it is that in some wristshots, the case seems to strangely curve over the wrist like it's bent....a bit like some Salvador Dali clock. Know what I mean?
    Yes, I have noticed that effect. Looking forward to getting it now :) I think it may well be a cheap keeper.

Banned
    Great tech. behind these, but I've not seen any that appeal to me so far.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Great tech. behind these, but I've not seen any that appeal to me so far.
    + 1 to that. Have to say the smooth sweep seconds on these is mesmerising.

They're supposed to have the most accurate quartz movement in the World??
    I had a rose gold version, pretty big but a little bit over the top for me and so I sold it

they're a big large but nice tech, wasn't it used by omega once upon a time?

a work mate (non-WIS) has one, I asked him about it and he said - well I wanted a sweeping second hand but not a watch that I needed to wind up or keep wearing, so this was the only choice

can't argue with that !!

Bulova Precisionist 50% off...

I was just in John Lewis in Kingston, they have one in the display cabinet if that helps