closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How will you cook your meat in the morning!!

How will you cook your meat in the morning!!

We're thinking of Cola Ham, normally get good results.

Which meat do you go for and how do you cook it?

:D

For the last 2 years I've cooked roast duck; I find it far tastier than turkey. This year I'm doing duck breasts as they're quick and when done well (medium-rare with crispy skin), bloody tasty. The long-lead item this year will be the roast potatoes.

Master
    A fore-rib of beef this year. Cooked more in hope than expectation.

Edit: Beef is a bit of a departure - usually duck, goose, turkey - a bird of some sort. Unless we're in Poland, when it's a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyFB View Post
    Carp is a special Xmas dish in Poland, never tried it when I worked there.
    Our local Tesco had whole carp in yesterday. First time I've seen those - presumably for local Polish community.

For me it's traditional Turkey!

bernard mathews turkeys roll this year!

no waste minimal fuss!! easy to cook happy days

might have a spam sarnie in the morning too :)

This thread is making me hungry!

Nice to hear the different traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post

We always do a coke ham - injecting into it as well.

14-15 course Christmas dinner this year (mostly amuse bouche in between the main 4/5 courses) - so glad I am not cooking.
    It's just a matter of time...

Going to my sister's. She does it.

Rib of beef in our house too...... Can't wait, it looks amazing...

Got a Christmas Gammo to prep today too...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post

We always do cola ham with a honey glaze but it will be beef this year for a change

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyFB View Post
    Carp is a special Xmas dish in Poland, never tried it when I worked there.
    Indeed. Not a fish fan so they usually cook a duck for me when I'm there.

Whereabouts did you work?

Prawn cocktail, turkey + trimmings followed by xmas pud.
    It's Christmas and anything else would just be wrong. Tried to be different before and it just didn't feel like Christmas.

Brighty

Grand Master
    We have gone with Beef Wellington, I never understand why anyone would chose Turkey for the Special Day, if Turkey was even remotely tasty we would buy i all year round aside from tradition I find it a terrible meat
    RIAC

Just found the 'Hulk' of Turkeys in the kitchen this morning. The thing is massive! So glad I am at my girlfriend's parent's place this year so I don't have to wrestle with that beast until it is on the table after which it will be my pleasure!

We usually cook some sort of ga​me or guinea fowl, this year its two bird roast, pheasant and partridge with apples and cranberries, roasted potatoes carrots and parsnips.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    We have gone with Beef Wellington, I never understand why anyone would chose Turkey for the Special Day, if Turkey was even remotely tasty we would buy i all year round aside from tradition I find it a terrible meat
    Good choice, Sir. Don't forget the pancakes; it stops the slop and I agree wholeheartedly about turkey.

We're having a maize-fed roast chicken; it looks like it's got hepatitis but I know it will be delicious.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Normally a bird for us, goose being my favourite.

Unfortunately we are at the inlaws this year so it will be fois gras for starters and the an enormous platter of raw shellfish (flippin' weirdos, well, French) for the main. I don't mind the odd oyster, and raw clams are palatable if a tad chewy, but the mussels and razor shells I much prefer cooked.

So think of me tomorrow as I sit there making false 'mmm' sounds whilst fantasising about all the proper cooked food you lot will be eating :D

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    if Turkey was even remotely tasty

You've never experienced my mum's cooking then - bloody lovely ;-)

I'm already looking forward to tucking in to the Turkey tomorrow lunchtime, complete with all the trimmings.

Happy Christmas to all

Cheers

Foggy

Journeyman
    It will be turkey and all the trimmings followed by pud. Will be at the mother in laws.

If t was at home gooses or duck.

Last year Jamie's Lemon& Herb Chicken, this year rack of lamb ribs as chosen by my eldest (she's six), not exactly traditional but cooking for 8 so nice and easy.

Three bird roast, stuffed pork loin roast, sprouts, mashed potatoes, carrots in white sauce, baked potatoes, pigs in blankets and gravy. There may not be room for Christmas pud but if anyone wants it, it will be served with Cornish clotted cream with brandy.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

At mother in laws, but I'm cooking the meat(!)
    fore-rib of beef dusted with plain flour/mustard powder roasted at 245 degc for 30 mins then 190 for 2 hours
    also a turkey rolled breast stuffed with apple/lemon/cranberry and some diced pancetta.
    slurp!
    Goat

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    There may not be room for Christmas pud but if anyone wants it, it will be served with Cornish clotted cream with brandy.

Eddie
    That's very kind of you Eddie - what time are you serving up ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    This will be the first year in 20+ that we won't light the barbeque. Sometimes it's been a roast chicken, sometimes a joint of beef, other times typical barbeque fayre but the Weber has always done the two of us proud. And the only reason stopping us doing the same this year is I'm recovering from a recent trip to hospital, food is the last thing on my mind and the stuff to wash it down with is forbidden. Enjoy your Christmas everybody.

Beef seems to be popular this year :D

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    That's very kind of you Eddie - what time are you serving up ;)
    TZ's very own 'soup kitchen' :D

Quote Originally Posted by JWL940 View Post
    This will be the first year in 20+ that we won't light the barbeque. Sometimes it's been a roast chicken, sometimes a joint of beef, other times typical barbeque fayre but the Weber has always done the two of us proud. And the only reason stopping us doing the same this year is I'm recovering from a recent trip to hospital, food is the last thing on my mind and the stuff to wash it down with is forbidden. Enjoy your Christmas everybody.

Mmm I like the sound of a barbecue! Don't know if it would be right on xmas day though :D

Master
    I was going to cook a rib of beef, but my wife asked me to cook a filipino dish (a type of pork stew) as well as the rib I decided that the beef would barely be touched, especially as her mum and sister will also be joining us; so I'm cooking it on NY eve instead. All in all it will be a nice easy day of cooking for me!

I have no idea about all the cooking stuff because I have a wife but am looking forward to my Turkey etc etc followed by Christmas pud with brandy butter and copius amounts of booze.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

How will you cook your meat in the morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I have no idea about all the cooking stuff because I have a wife but am looking forward to my Turkey etc etc followed by Christmas pud with brandy butter and copius amounts of booze.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    ^ Similarly I won't be be cooking anything...but my Mum will

As it stands I think we're having beef, lamb & turkey on Christmas Day followed by gammon on Boxing Day.

Three bird roast, stuffed pork loin roast, sprouts, mashed potatoes, carrots in white sauce, baked potatoes, pigs in blankets and gravy. There may not be room for Christmas pud but if anyone wants it, it will be served with Cornish clotted cream with brandy.

Eddie
    Four bird roast here (just showing off!!!) roast parsnips, steamed carrots, roast potatoes, stir-fried shredded sprouts with lardons.

There will not be any room for pudding. (But there's a trifle in the fridge just in case).

I rather expect that post-dinner nap's will feature too.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

No cooking here (never known for the last 16 years!!) going out to relatives to be fed and going out for a meal tomorrow.

Strange (but very nice) times.........
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Partridge

Partridges with bacon covering them to keep the breast moist.

Really looking forward to the Pigs in Blankets if the kids don't eat them all first.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Partridges with bacon covering them to keep the breast moist.

Really looking forward to the Pigs in Blankets if the kids don't eat them all first.
    Yum! Top one sounds nice! :D

Master
    Turkey tomorrow, duck New years day.

Master
    Turkey,roast potatoes,ham,carrots,parsnips,brussel sprouts,butter beans then Xmas pud.
    In some ways looking forward to the wine more,champagne,condrieu(posh white) and nuits sans george(posh red)

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    [QUOTE=HoneyFB;2554980]Slow cooker, beef and root veg stew, 6.5 litres of wonderful tasty and tender nourishment that will last through to Boxing day.
    started off Sunday evening.

we call that scouse were i come from.

This evening I will cook my meat by inserting it into a warm moist tube and leaving it there for a long time until it's done.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

This evening I will cook my meat by inserting it into a warm moist tube and leaving it there for a long time until it's done.

Eddie
    Wow Eddie, this thread should probably be changed to NSFW after your post! :D

For those of you that have done ham in coke, try it in cherry coke.
    It's even better, I know how it sounds but give it a go.

Eddie
    Dirty boy!
    Cheers,
    Neil.