closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Screwdrivers

Journeyman

Screwdrivers

Anyone got any recommendations for a decent set of screwdrivers?

Chronomaster used to sell a Bergeon set at a reasonable price but now Neil has his new website they don't seem to be listed.

Gleave and Co. (just round the corner from my work) sell some, see link below:

http://www.gleaveandco.com/screwdrivers.html

Any other places?

Do I need to have Bergeon or are you just paying for the name? I like the look of the AF ones that Gleave stock.

Let me know.....

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have been using AF for a few years now, find them very good

Yes Bergeon are good and yes you're paying for the name! As has been stated AF do very good tools that cost a lot less than Bergeon.

I remember someone on one of the tools threads saying he bought a cheap eBay screwdriver set and replaced the blades with Bergeon ones which seems like a sensible way of doing things.

Unfortunately I had bought my Bergeon set before that lateral bit of thinking was posted!

I have 2 sets of the Bergeon ones in your link which in my opinion aren't that nice to use. I much prefer my Horotec set, shown below, they have ball bearings in the top and are just generally nicer to use than the Bergeon set. It really depends on how often your going to use them and how much you want to spend though. The VOH screwdrivers are pretty good too but quite expensive. If they are for occasional use I would just buy a cheap ebay set and put Bergeon blades in as mentioned above.

Grand Master
    I would pop round to Gleaves and see what they recommend. No point in paying Bergeon prices IMO.

I buy Cousins own branded blades at around 30p each and replace them often. No matter how good quality the screwdriver blades are, the small sizes still chip easily and need refinishing.

Paul

Apprentice

High quality screwdrivers VOH Bergeon or Horotec

Quote Originally Posted by RaulGonzalez View Post
    I have 2 sets of the Bergeon ones in your link which in my opinion aren't that nice to use. I much prefer my Horotec set, shown below, they have ball bearings in the top and are just generally nicer to use than the Bergeon set. It really depends on how often your going to use them and how much you want to spend though. The VOH screwdrivers are pretty good too but quite expensive. If they are for occasional use I would just buy a cheap ebay set and put Bergeon blades in as mentioned above.

I realise this thread is quite old but I just recently purchased a set of VOH drivers for some delicate work on Breitling screws. Previously I had purchased Bergeon from a company in America, and Horotec from the same company, then one VOH sample from someone in France on ebay and then a full VOH 9 piece set from an "authorised" seller in europe.
    The Bergeon drivers worked great but the handle didn't feel all that special.

The Horotec handle felt great but the blade didn't fit worth a darn on the Breitling bracelet screws so that's a no go definately.

The "sample" VOH 1.8 mm driver I got from the seller on ebay looked impressive on the handle and the blade, blade fit great and did the job BUT the quality of the so called silky smooth ball bearings within the handle weren't all that for the price I paid.... so in reality I got ripped off... never again to buy something like that through ebay!

THEN the VOH set arrived and all I can say is WOW what a difference! Definately you get what you pay for! Very nicely finished handles and blades with extra blades, perfect fit and sit properly in the groove, silky smooth ball bearing operation when you are turning in your hand. Not cheap but truly worth it!