closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Am I being a dick?

Am I being a dick?

I'm having a bit of trouble with Jura Watches, and I'm not sure if I'm being a bit of a dick over it all.

I bought 2 Suunto watches from them last week, after negotiating a 10% discount for both. And when I received the package the one watch was wrong. The box was right, but the watch within wasn't the one I ordered. Also, neither were supplied with filled out guarantee cards. Two things really p!ssed me off here. One, it was clear they hadn't even bothered to check the watch before dispatch, if they had, they would have noticed it was the wrong watch. And two, I didn't get my guarantee cards. It was clearly a case of pick 2 watches off the shelf, stick them in a box and into the post, job done!

I contacted them over this, and to be fair to them, they were very apologetic and agreed they could have done better. As a result of their error, they agreed to upgrade the watch to the leather strap version for an extra £30 instead of £50. They also said that Suunto watches don't come with guarantee cards, you just register on line. I received the watch this morning, with a filled out card!! But, they have supplied it in the wrong box. The box is identical to the one I should have had, but the stickers on it are for a different model. Is it too much to ask to have a box and watch with matching serial numbers?

I have contacted them again, and they reply was, that the original box was not up to their usual standard so they picked a better one!

I'm still not very happy, so am I being a bit of a dick over this?

no I don't think so. if you buy anything, watches included, you can expect original packaging, papers, the guarantee & so on. does sound pretty slap dash

Not a dick but a bit of a drama queen.

Do you have a bit of OCD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darra8 View Post
    I'm having a bit of trouble with Jura Watches, and I'm not sure if I'm being a bit of a dick over it all.

I bought 2 Suunto watches from them last week, after negotiating a 10% discount for both. And when I received the package the one watch was wrong. The box was right, but the watch within wasn't the one I ordered. Also, neither were supplied with filled out guarantee cards. Two things really p!ssed me off here. One, it was clear they hadn't even bothered to check the watch before dispatch, if they had, they would have noticed it was the wrong watch. And two, I didn't get my guarantee cards. It was clearly a case of pick 2 watches off the shelf, stick them in a box and into the post, job done!

I contacted them over this, and to be fair to them, they were very apologetic and agreed they could have done better. As a result of their error, they agreed to upgrade the watch to the leather strap version for an extra £30 instead of £50. They also said that Suunto watches don't come with guarantee cards, you just register on line. I received the watch this morning, with a filled out card!! But, they have supplied it in the wrong box. The box is identical to the one I should have had, but the stickers on it are for a different model. Is it too much to ask to have a box and watch with matching serial numbers?

I have contacted them again, and they reply was, that the original box was not up to their usual standard so they picked a better one!

You are not the regular customer who doesn't care about the provided box/guarantee etc. etc.
    Further, mistakes will always be made.

So OK, give them a chance to correct things. --> You did!

That they manage to make mistakes at their second chance really is beyond me and would p*ss me off...

So I don't think you're a dick, I would have the same feelings I suppose. On the other hand, we might as well both be dicks ;-)

Am I being a dick?

Having complained to them, they should have corrected the mistake correctly. You're not being a Dick, just the victim of what is becoming typical customer service from online retailers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not being a dick IMHO, it's really not too much to ask and you have given them the opportunity to correct their mistake, in my book that makes you a fair man and by no means a dick.

Craftsman
    Would have wound me up just the same - no pun intended!

Quote Originally Posted by tvralan View Post
    Would have wound me up just the same - no pun intended!
    I think I'd have been a bit ticked off too... ;)

M.

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar
    Write them a stiff letter.
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    Not a dick but a bit of a drama queen.

Do you have a bit of OCD ?
    You're not being a dick, a drama queen or even a troll.

You didn't get what you paid for, it's up to Jura to put it right.

are you being a dick?

no, but they are - sending the wrong stuff twice is just whack

This sort of thing drives me round the bend so no, not a dick. And it's increasingly becoming the norm with on-line retailers which is why people like Eddie really stand out when it comes to their levels of care, service and support.

Last week I ordered a used Omega AT from Watchfinder. I struck up a pretty solid rapport with the dude over several days before I ordered it. We talked at length about my interests, requirements and forum memberships - so he knew what I was looking for when he said "it's condition is as close to new as you're going to get".

Surprise, surprise, it wasn't. And not just small things either. Needless to say it went back and, although distance selling regs are excellent, it's still a right fanny on doing it all.

David

I must actually agree that op is not a dick. Jura charge enough for their watches as it is so they could at least send the right stuff. If you were giving these watches as a present or were concerned about resell value because of serial numbers not matching etc then yes you are not being a dick.

At the end of the day you should get what you paid for.

Verdict: Op not a dick.

Blog Entries
    Price doesn't matter.
    A watch bought new should be in the original box.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I get the feeling that Jura thought they were doing the right thing in changing the box for a better one, but have totally missed the point about wanting the right box to go with the right watch. It's fair to say, that all the Elementum boxes are identical, but I still think they should have known the importance of matching box and watch serial numbers.

This is the email I received.

I have spoken to the despatch team who have advised that the boxes are all generic with inventory management stickers.

They did notice that the particular box for the ST-004 was not up to our usual standard of expectation and so an alternative box was supplied of a better quality.

We do hope that you understand our reasons for doing this.

If you would like to discuss this matter in detail you may contact our store to speak to a member of our despatch team.

I suppose I'll get over it, but still p!ssed off about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtrunkmonkey View Post

Now now........

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.

You've had dreadful customer service. Good for you not letting it go. I would be furious and consider demanding a refund. Perhaps your complaints will at least benefit their future customers.
    Now that more people are buying online, every effort should be made to ensure that quality of service doesn't fall lower as a result of the anonymity web buying encourages.

Craftsman
    The one thing we all have in common here is we like are watches so that means original box ,papers ect,to me that is very important,i would still ask for the original box,i have never heard of suunto this brand you have purchased is it Swiss?.

regards
    Tony

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think your entitles to expect the correct box and documentation when you buy something. As Jura are now an online only supplier I would have hoped that this sort of impersonal bull shit would be the thing they wish to avoid most.

Obviously not.

They are obviously used to people who aren't that particular or knowledgeable over buying watches as evidenced by supposedly trying to give you a better box, but the wrong one.

You're not being difficult. If you pay for something, you expect to get it..not some excuse for an effort sent out once they've pocketed the money.

Not good enough.

OP is most certainly not a dick. Shoddy attention to detail on behalf of JURA. I really cant abide crappy service. They are getting well paid for their efforts!
    Companies must realise that the customers are paying their GDamned wages. Rant over

You are not being out of order at all, just asking for what is yours by right.

Got back on the phone with them this morning, and I still don't think they understood what I was getting at. As far as they are concerned, a box is a box, and if it has the wrong sticker on it, then rip it off! I suppose they're right up to a point, but it still annoyed me. Anyway, after a long ish conversation getting us no where, they offered me a £26 tool kit as a way of an apology, which I excepted.

I would like to point out that even though my buying experience wasn't the best, Jura were very good with their communications, and ultimately were keen to put things right. So it's not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    ....i have never heard of suunto this brand you have purchased is it Swiss?.
    No, it's Finnish.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Got back on the phone with them this morning, and I still don't think they understood what I was getting at. As far as they are concerned, a box is a box, and if it has the wrong sticker on it, then rip it off! I suppose they're right up to a point, but it still annoyed me. Anyway, after a long ish conversation getting us no where, they offered me a £26 tool kit as a way of an apology, which I excepted.

I would like to point out that even though my buying experience wasn't the best, Jura were very good with their communications, and ultimately were keen to put things right. So it's not all bad.
    They sound a bit gormless to me!

Still if you are happy with your tool kit, all's well that ends well.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Am I being a dick?

The last time I looked at buying a Glycine and Tag from them they were hiving away a choice of toolkit or winder with each watch you bought!

I'd like to think that the staff in watch shops share our passion for watches but they reality is, they don't. They probably feel that they provided good service and you feel that they didn't; I probably wouldn't either. I like to drive a clean car but compared with the guys who spend days detailing their cars, mine's postively scruffy. It's all a matter of expectation and perspective.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

agreed... but one should get something as simple as providing the correct box especially after messing up the first time.

Can't get the staff!!!!!!

Craftsman
    We all make mistakes, but when we are giving the opportunity in business to correct the mistake, you make sure you get it 100%. Bad service from Jura

Journeyman
    No you but sloppy service. s they had used a different box it would have taken little effort to tell you that when then sent the second package. At least you would not have had to ask about this. I agree you would hope that it might matter that the box was wrong to some people so why not use a correct box?

sadly one of life challenges and I am at the grumpy old git stage!

Utterly useless when it comes to online sellers in my experience.

And OP is not a dick imho. Old fashioned maybe :-)

Craftsman
    No doesnt matter what you are buying you should not get fobbed off. Always worth putting it in writing to the MD. At the very least they will send you the correct box. My experience of Jura has always been positive and they are always friendly and down to earth.

We actually had Jurawatches as a member on here some time back when they were pushing their Grand Seiko line.

It would be nice if they would pipe up now.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    I wouldn't be too happy with that customer service. The box and papers should match whether it is a Suunto or a Patek. You are not being a dick. It may be a hassle but get them to correct their mistake. Hopefully it will make them more careful in future. Enjoy the watches anyway. I have Suunto dive computer - love it (when I get the chance to use it, my son loves wearing it around the house even though it's the size of his head!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    We actually had Jurawatches as a member on here some time back when they were pushing their Grand Seiko line.

It would be nice if they would pipe up now.
    Everything's change since then, though, hasn't it. They've been bought by C. W. Sellors and have moved somewhere north of Watford. It seems to me that C. W. Sellors wanted a watch vendor brand name with a successful online presence in order to expand their business.

No - you're not being a dick. It doesn't matter if it is a £20 watch or a £200,000 watch. You want the right watch, the right papers and the right box. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Everything's change since then, though, hasn't it. They've been bought by C. W. Sellors and have moved somewhere north of Watford. It seems to me that C. W. Sellors wanted a watch vendor brand name with a successful online presence in order to expand their business.
    Seems the new owners are doing a good job then?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    No - you're not being a dick. It doesn't matter if it is a £20 watch or a £200,000 watch. You want the right watch, the right papers and the right box. End of.
    agree with this, you've paid for a new watch, if the correct watch is not in the correct box then some slight of hand is going on behind the scenes in that shop, don't fall for the old "we've upgraded your box at no extra cost to you" ploy

A while ago I bought a watch from them for 2K and what I received was a banged up (as in deep scratches and dings) watch with a broken date mechanism. They replaced it without issues (after ordering a brand new one from the manufacturer), but I was surprised by their lack of care as they obviously sent me a well used display model without even checking it over.

No not a dick, far from it. Poor service is poor service. They should anticipate what their cliental are likely to expect. Sort it out Jura or start flogging something other than watches! Something that does not come in a box... i.e. chips

Craftsman
    Helpful to know - I will steer well clear of them

Master
    The box had the wrong sticker on. You're being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    You're not being a dick, a drama queen or even a troll.

You didn't get what you paid for, it's up to Jura to put it right.

Agree, 100%.

Master
    Just to say it sounds like you were unlucky.

I received a watch from them this morning and everything was present and correct, despatch was swift, packaging good so no complaints from me.

Paul