closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Finding the G Spot

Finding the G Spot

After many years of not being able to fathom the appeal of the G Shock, including about 10 years owning one, I think I have now found the meaning of G and the Tao of Casio. The Watch to Mercedes' Wagen, the Timepiece to Bach's Air and the A-lot-easier-to-find to Gräfenberg's G.

No idea where these impulses start but once there, they have to be sated ( officer ... )

Anyway, after the usual analysis paralysis on discovering over 150 varieties just of the square 5600 model, I plumped for one. The invitingly named DW5600-EG-9VS. Similar to the less alphabetically-endowed DW5600-E, but with genuine gold-coloured buttons, clasp and real gold-effect display.

The Electro Luminescent Backlight, it's presence rightly indicated in full on the dial :

On the wrist this quality item would surely grace any man, enhancing stature, building confidence, and by it's chunky yet modest dimensions, exaggerating girth :

This one, despite the seller charmingly claiming otherwise, was lovingly assembled in China by Casio-trained artisans, steeped in the traditional Japanese art of precious-resin watchmaking. Featuring the enhanced 3229 module, with a calendar good until 2099, it's an immortal beauty - and I'll hear no dissent !

I've decided to wear nothing else for an entire year.

Not even clothes.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    I've decided to wear nothing else for an entire year. Not even clothes.
    Paul
    Pics or it never happened

Well done on finding the G spot....... Since your post I've gone and added another one the taking the total to 8!!! (FFS)

Enjoy.

Me too. I've got a hankering for that vintage looking gold one too. Agonising now over the choice of Thai or China made, 2039 or 2099 module. I've got a GWM 5600, but the old style just looks better to my mind.

The seller's photos showed this one as having the old module, and being made in Thailand. I'm happy with this one though. At least I know it was manufactured after 2010 ( the perpetual calendar starts at 2010 on these later ones ). It came with the right box, booklet and hang-tags too - some of the other vendors wouldn't supply it boxed. The shop I bought this one from said they were originally intended for the South American market.

I'm seriously tempted to get another in case they kill this version off. It's brand new, but something about the matt gold lettering makes it look immediately vintage.

Paul

Good choice. It's not just the lettering but the tint of the screen that makes the difference too, for me at least. The green & yellow g5600-a3 is also nice with the green tinted screen.

Excellent history of this model here for those interested.

Paul

Paul if you are after another DW-5600E, I've used e-Bay seller IVSHC many times without any issues at all.
    He has one of your favoured gold DW-5600EG-9Vs at a very reasonable price.
    He's out of stock of the "silver" DW-5600E which might prove a nice variation for you but there are many other sellers out there.

Welcome to the G-shock madness!
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Thanks David. I'm quite well served for local bricks and mortar vendors here. Postage costs more than the watch if I shop internationally

I may pick up another gold one as it does seem a bit harder to come by, at least boxed and tagged. Having said that, as Casio are now fitting it with the modern module, it seems they haven't sidelined it quite yet. My vendor here said it was "dead stock" - NOS in other words - so supplies may run out.

The basic silver one is available everywhere here. My local grocery shop sells it. If I get one of those, it will be the JDM version with "foxfire" on it. Madness a distinct possibility

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Excellent history of this model here for those interested.
    And while I'm in the G zone ... the entire G Shock Frank book, online : http://axiom.ipaperus.com/virtuoso/gshockfrank/

That's it, I'm done now

Paul

Great article links Paul cheers. My own upgraded 3229 module 5600 arrived yesterday, but its a much more stealthy variant than yours....:).

Interesting that the basic display is little different from the Casio H101-106 Marlin of 1980.

Doh!
    My mistake, i thought this was a very different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Great article links Paul cheers. My own upgraded 3229 module 5600 arrived yesterday, but its a much more stealthy variant than yours....:).

Just saw that one today in person. Looks great !

Ponders ...

Paul