closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46, a superb watch

Banned

Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46, a superb watch

I bought this from Breitling mad Andrew (Cregan) on here a few months ago, and I've been meaning to take a few pics ever since.. thing is, it's hardly left my wrist since, it really has become a favourite. To be honest, I've no idea why Andrew sold it in the first place, it is utterly gorgeous.

My main worry prior to buying it was the size.. I mean - 46mm, that's huge, but Andrew assured me it 'wears smaller', a phrase that I never really lent any weight to until now, it actually doesn't feel like a massive lump on my wrist. I thought about getting the 42mil version, but that has a date window at 3, and I like the date window at 6 on this - very ' cal. 12 Heuer-esk'. It's still a big watch, but it doesn't feel silly.
    It came on the Ocean Racer (I think that's the name) rubber strap & deployant, which is very smart, but I like to wear it on this leather strap that came with a cheap 'Pam-esk' watch I bought a while back - gives it a casual look, and despite it being a polished case, it's not blingy on the wrist.

The classic 'Heritage' looks really are lovely, and although I'm a vintage fan through and through, I do find this watch just as enjoyable as some of my older Heuers. The dial is lovely, it's a matt-satin-ish finish, hard to describe, almost like liquid in some light, but in other light it appears to have a faint starburst effect. I don't quite know how this is happening, as there definitely isn't a starburst finish to it, must just be a trick of the light. The quality of the dial is unbelievable, the bottom close-up pic hasn't been altered at all, and you can see that the fine details are superb - I love the little touches, like the 18k gold 'B', which really sets it off - nice touches like that I really appreciate.

Last edited by europa; 18th November 2012 at 13:52.

Master
    probably the only breitling i would consider from the current line up, looks understated and classy on the leather and thats not something that can be said for many breitlings

Never been a Breitling Fan Stewart, but that is really lovely! More classic than blingy like a lot of there offerings! Enjoy!

Banned
    It also scratches the itch I had for a Pam. Ever since I bought a Getat Pam-esk style watch, I loved the design, but it niggled at me that it was a hommage, so I rarely wear it, but I really liked the 'big watch' feel. So this Heritage 46 does the job, and for a lot less money - if that makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Never been a Breitling Fan Stewart, but that is really lovely! More classic than blingy like a lot of there offerings! Enjoy!

My sentiments too. Great photos btw.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a breightbling fan either, but that does look fantastic Stewart. I've seen pics before but yours really surpass the lot...

Looks absolutely superb on that strap too.

Rob

Always liked the heritage 46's, and while blingy, I think they look great on the shark mesh bracelet that they are usually supplied with.

Master
    Tried one once and it does indeed wear small for such a big watch - always seems a daft thing to say but true in this case. Very stylish.

That's nice - a bit of restraint is a good thing. Dare I say that Breitling are actually turning things around a little bit with some of their recent revisions - the Transocean's also seem very classy, dressy even?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    That's nice - a bit of restraint is a good thing. Dare I say that Breitling are actually turning things around a little bit with some of their recent revisions - the Transocean's also seem very classy, dressy even?
    I agree, I even like the one Becks is sporting.

I received mine in a trade last week & it's not been off my wrist since.
    I was also worried if I could get away with it on my 6.75" wrist but, as been said before, it's very comfortable & I love the mesh.

Great looking watch you have there Stewart
    Glad to see the great photos, and hear that you are so happy.
    I am sure the watch will continue to bring you plenty of enjoyment.

That's a very nice watch, and some great photos. When they come up on the SC, the photos usually make the watch look a little boring, whereas in real life (I guess - don't own one!) it'll have depth and details and colours and facets that the camera rarely pics up. But some of your shots, OP, show the watch off very well. Lovely leather strap, too - good choice.

Superb watch..I have one also on Bretling Mesh which really sets it off.The timekeeping aint half bad either !

Craftsman
    Great photos and a stunning watch- the only Breitling I really love.

lusting after one of these badly - loving that leather strap too!

Journeyman
    I'm looking at this and the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL as a less formal option to my Transocean which I have on a mesh bracelet. I know exactly what you mean about 'wearing smaller' as the divers watches with the same size case as the Transocean have a much smaller face.

I'm looking for something a bit more robust on a rubber strap.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love the Superocean Heritage it was the only Bretiling I really like. but mines the Chronograph on Mesh

Your Heritage 46 looks stunning and have to confess I've come very close to pulling the trigger on one a couple of times now...

Your photos have just given me the nudge to start looking again! Great work!

Master
    Dead nice that!

Love the big crown!

here's mine

of the original watches that attracted me 4 years ago, things like the submariner, B&R and the planet ocean it's the only one i've kept and wouldn't sell

the photos don't do it justice, it's amazing under bright lights

I thought I'd scratched my Breitling itch until I dropped into this thread.

Now I have two more Blingers on the grail list.

Curse you, Cregan, look what you have done.....

Master
    Lovely watch (I miss mine!), but, for me, the Ocean Racer strap suits it best.

I must admit I'm not generally a fan of Breitlings, (other than the Navitimers I suppose). However, I really like the look of that - very classy.

regards,
    Nick

Master
    I had a blue 46mm SOH and it's one I regret selling. This thread doesn't help at all. Like others I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to wear for such a large watch, probably because the lugs are angled down in a way that 'hugs' normal sized wrists. BTW, nice pics Stewart.

I also feel the same as some of the others on here. I really don't like Breitling but I think they have finally got it right with the SO!

Craftsman
    Lovely watch and one that's on my list, actually it'll probably be my next big purchase after seeing that's fantastic pictures!