closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It should look something like this

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'm also getting a lot of e-mails asking for specific numbers. There is no list and I'm not accepting pre-orders. I don't know how to do it yet but with an initial release of only 100 pieces, it's bound to be chaos.

Eddie
    Sorry, I did not take the time to read the complete thread and just jumped on the bandwagon. I JUST NEED ONE OF THESE IN MY COLLECTION, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
    Will tears help, or bribary maybe?
    Cheers,
    William

Cool

That does look good - I'll be buying one to match my DN

I would love 28 if possible, but any number works.

Just want to get one.

Todd

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mborkow View Post
    Price estimate?
    Hopefully it's prohibitively expensive.

Blog Entries
    I'm also getting a lot of e-mails asking for specific numbers. There is no list and I'm not accepting pre-orders. I don't know how to do it yet but with an initial release of only 100 pieces, it's bound to be chaos.
    Suggestion: Release them in batches of 10-20 at a time but without any announcement. Just make them available on your site as and when.

That way those who are genuinely most interested (or lucky!) will find them.

Failing that, I'd like 99 or 10 please. ;-)

It may cause a break up even before we're married, but I definitely want one of those muthas.

(I think priority should go to people who have been sad enough to spend their time creating a virtual homage to the original )

Apprentice
    Could I lock in number 86 please

Nice pleasant surprise to see this on oceanictime

Blog Entries
    It's amazing how many of us, myself included, will stake a claim despite knowing that Eddie isn't running a pre-order list. Why do we do it? Fear of missing out just in case I guess. ;-)

Apprentice
    News fantasitca, I'd settle for number 71.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler69 View Post
    Nice. I recall from a previous thread on this one that it was expected to be slightly thinner than the original - what are the overall final dimensions? I will definitely be in the scrum when they're released.
    It's 13.6mm thick to the top of the domed crystal versus 15.6mm for the PRS-2.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I've been watching this list growing over the days and I'm becoming slightly alarmed that the whole world is getting in line. So although I know that Eddie won't go back on his word and create a pre-order list of preferred buyers, I'd like to register my interest just in case.

Well, I was late to hop on for e 1st Dreadnought. I pray for the real thing to come True. Hopefully to hear some Gd news on my birthday on this Dec e 12th.

Master

Eddie
    Perfect. Thanks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    I'm sure Eddie will come up with some fair process to allocate...
    I have gazed into my crystal balls and predict that ... the message is coming out of the ether... don't break the ring... Eddie's fair process will be to take the site down, add the watch, put the site live again, go to bed, wake up and deal with the orders from whoever was on-line with a valid credit card at the right time.

... it's bound to be chaos.
    ... and that too.

Missed one the first time around and would love a chance at this one. Any number would do, 63 would be perfect...

Craftsman
    Please add me to the list, sir!
    Any digit will do.

Craftsman
    Well count me in, if everybody else is having one I can't be left out, its on my Xmas wish list to Santa

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
    I've been watching this list growing over the days and I'm becoming slightly alarmed that the whole world is getting in line. So although I know that Eddie won't go back on his word and create a pre-order list of preferred buyers, I'd like to register my interest just in case.
    Myself included. Just.... in case :-) number 54 for me please!

Craftsman
    Any idea when this will become available?

PRICE

I will join the 3 members ( only 3 !!!!! amazing ), asking about price.
    Can we have a price target for this watch ?????, before jumping for the pre-order ???.
    Thanks,
    Pedro
    Last edited by NORVAL; 18th November 2012 at 19:20.

Journeyman
    I'm sure that whatever the price it will represent very good value for money!

I missed out on the original by a few years (didn't get into this hobby with any degree of enthusiasm or ability to purchase until about 2005). I've always been on the lookout for a re-sale, but they come up so infrequently and command $3,000+ price tags. I'm definitely going to get one of these. As far as I know, Eddie is not taking reservations and quantities will be limited by the availability of movements.

Quite frankly...I don't care how much it costs. Anything between $1,000 - $1,200 would be more than reasonable.

Journeyman
    I think the kids say OMFG. No 11 if thats not too cheeky, please. TAKE MY MONEY, TAKE IT ALL.

oops. No 11 already accounted for. Any number would be fine as long as I could get one...
    Last edited by Lannuss; 18th November 2012 at 20:57.

Craftsman
    I'd like to be added to the "virtual" list please. ;-)

Seeing as people have dibs on my birth year (76), date of birth (17) and lucky number (4)...I'd be happy with any serial number tbh! Looking forward to hearing more details as and when.

I would very much like to own #067.

Craftsman
    I have been wanting a GMT and this would be the one
    Now number 22 would be nice but not essential.
    Thank you for the update Eddie.

Master
    I'd like to stake number 53 please!! :)

Number 15 please Mr Platts, sir, if it please yourself...

Cheers,
    Steve

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    I think asking for a specific number should automatically exclude you from purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
    I think asking for a specific number should automatically exclude you from purchasing.
    LOL

I concur!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    LOL

I concur!
    Likewise - what's more important, the watch or the number engraved on it?
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Apprentice

Eddie
    OK ! Dimensions aside...would love to have the PRS-2 on my wrist someday. Hopefully soon !
    I thrive on chaos, Eddie, so I'll jump into the fray...no "official list" notwithstanding.
    But, just in case, please put me down for *009* if available; otherwise, *012* would be fine.
    I overheard some "movement availability" issue (I apologize not being able to read entire thread)...is the project going to be postponed or deferred to 2013? Or, did I read something else?

If so, I might have to alter my Christmas shopping list and settle for the PRS-3 LE300. Too bad the blue dial is gone (only yellow & orange in stock). The PRS-18Q looks tempting as a beater watch.

I might take the "road less traveled"...and wait...

Is there any great rush?
    If this isn't a limited edition, so any one of the initial 100 will do the same job.

I've waited since I joined in 2010 for this - so another couple of months will be no problem.
    Finding the cash might be more difficult than getting the right serial number.
    I'd be happy for any of the 2013 manufacture dates, that way I could have lucky No.13 on the caseback.

Blog Entries
    Just for the record, I would like to affirm that I have not attempted to get my name onto any kind of pre-order list, either informal, as in the thread, or formal, as does not exist anyway.

It's not just my natural contrariness. It's that it simply doesn't work that way, as Eddie patiently explains every time this happens. No reservations, no pre-orders.

For some reason, I think he prefers completed credit card transactions to vague expressions on an open forum of desire of ownership in completely non-binding form.

The way he acts, it's as if he's running a business or something.

It looks great and I need a GMT in my collection!

Clearly I'm not going to ask for a number but 78 would tie in quite nicely with my username (and birth year...)

Cheers,

Paul

Hey Guys, I'm new here to TZ-UK but some of you might recognize me from WUS and some of the other forums.

I missed out on the original Dreadnought and I really don't want to miss out on this GMT version. Nice work Eddie. If a preorder ever starts I am definitely interested, Please count me in!

Thanks,

-Dave

Grand Master
    I will stick my neck out slightly here but if we look at the nature of the business Eddie is in it is to manufacture and sell a watch, the forum represents (in the main) as collection of enthusiasts and fans of Timefactors as a forum and a brand so having received this overwhelming show of support by users expressing a desire to buy then why not run a pre order system or at the very least PM all those who have requested the model at least 48hrs before its live launch and offer them the chance to pay up or ship out.There is clearly the potential to sell half of them to the replies and no doubt the excuses will start to flow once it comes to the crunch but if I had someone waving cash in my face I would take it as a compliment
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I will stick my neck out slightly here but if we look at the nature of the business Eddie is in it is to manufacture and sell a watch, the forum represents (in the main) as collection of enthusiasts and fans of Timefactors as a forum and a brand so having received this overwhelming show of support by users expressing a desire to buy then why not run a pre order system or at the very least PM all those who have requested the model at least 48hrs before its live launch and offer them the chance to pay up or ship out.There is clearly the potential to sell half of them to the replies and no doubt the excuses will start to flow once it comes to the crunch but if I had someone waving cash in my face I would take it as a compliment
    Apart from the interest expressed on the forum, I've received many e-mails from customers who read the forum but do not participate. Some numbers have been requested 3 or 4 times, how can I be seen to be fair when allocating numbers?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Interesting idea. I usually avoid the pre order system (I've had one in with MKII, that put me off) but in this case I'd jump on it even if there was a wait.

I've had the cash put aside for a Dread GMT since before the Olympics - you can take that as my intent to buy. :)

Grand Master
    Apart from the interest expressed on the forum, I've received many e-mails from customers who read the forum but do not participate. Some numbers have been requested 3 or 4 times, how can I be seen to be fair when allocating numbers?Eddie
    Its a tricky one Ill give you that, I think a few will pull pole when pressed, a £400 deposit would sort the wheat from the chaff or a simple lotterdraw if you have 100 interested parties!Whilst the serial number thing would be nice its more important to have the watch rather than the number
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Added to which even a £200 deposit puts £20k in your bank before christmas if everyones holds true!
    RIAC

Apprentice

I'm in............

Looking forward to this one

Quote Originally Posted by glickman View Post
    Since this one is real, and since there shouldn't be any harm in asking, I'm in and I respectfully request 001/100 to match my PRS-2 002/200.
    Eddie always gets #1.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I think preferences should be given to those with the highest number of tf watches in their collection ;-)

Sounds good to me!

The deposit idea looks good from our ( prospective buyer ) viewpoint and if introduced I would try to jump on the bandwagon.

From Eddie's view, the money is nice but the headaches involved with the near misses; together with (possibly) a whole heap of aggrieved and dissapointed peeps. I think I would avoid trying out that idea.

Do I have a positive contribution that is fair to all? Unfortunately not.

The idea of a staggered release in small batches seems a way forward but I can see even that breeding a degree of disillusion and long term resentment.

Perhaps I should take them straight to eBay and maximise my profit? Everybody who bought a PRS-2 and then sold it made much more than I did.

Eddie

I like your thinking!

Then again, I don't because I quite fancy one of these.....

Perhaps I should take them straight to eBay and maximise my profit? Everybody who bought a PRS-2 and then sold it made much more than I did.

Eddie

Grand Master

Eddie
    Simple dont give priority to those who you know flipped them out!
    RIAC

Eddie
    You'd never do that: they insist you offer PayPal as a means of payment.

;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Eddie
    Was this people buying them and flipping them straight away as purely a profiteering exercise, or are you talking about the price increasing some time after they sold out, and people deciding to move them on and making a profit as a result of them being in demand?

Anyone buying simply to flip for profit should certainly get hit with some sort of stick... (sorry I can't find a ban stick icon)