closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I Wrote A Book About The Falklands War

Master

I Wrote A Book About The Falklands War

Today's sad news about Sir Rex Hunt, governor of the Falkland Islands, reminded me that I'd been meaning to mention this for a while.

I followed the events of the Falklands War in 'real time' thirty years later this year, and compiled the results of the journal I kept into a day by day account of the conflict, which is available on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Falkland.../dp/B0092GV8E0

I was not involved in the Falklands War myself, as I make clear in the book. I followed it on TV, the newspapers and radio with increasing disbelief as it grew from a crisis into a violent conflict.

Not yet available in other formats, though I may do that.

Hope some may find it of interest. I decided to donate a quarter of the proceeds (if any!) to the Falkands Veterans Foundation. If it ends up making less than fifty quid, I'll just hand over the lot.

http://www.falklandsveterans.org.uk/

I admire anyone who has published a book so i offer my sincere congratulations to you.
    Sadly I don't own a Kindle as I use an iPad to read Ebooks but I do wish you and your charity every success with this.

Downloaded. I was only 10 at the time, but I followed it with interest anyway, and have read quite a lot of books about it since then. I´m spanish, and my country was divided between our simpathy for the Argentinian people, and our friendship with the UK, an UE and NATO ally. Our disapproval or the actions of a military dictatorship (we already had enough of that) and the Gibraltar issue helped to this division. I´m sure I´ll like your book.

Master
    The 'About the Author' page doesn't mention you spending your free time on the internet discussing watches; why ever not?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart D View Post
    I admire anyone who has published a book so i offer my sincere congratulations to you.
    Sadly I don't own a Kindle as I use an iPad to read Ebooks but I do wish you and your charity every success with this.

You can use the free kindle app on the iPad. It my preferred ereader.

Craftsman
    I served there post conflict, a remarkable place, with remarkable peoples! Truly great memories. RIP Rex Hunt.

Master

Well done,good for you.

I Wrote A Book About The Falklands War

I must look into getting this. I was also only 12 at the time but I was lucky enough to server there for a couple of months and get around the battle field tours when I was in my 20s. I look forward to reading this.