closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega LCD museum - sort of.......

Master

Omega LCD museum - sort of.......

I finally got my LCD Connie back from STS yesterday so I thought a family photo was in order.

This is the whole group including four different models all using the same cal 1620 chronograph module, plus the Memomaster on the bottom of the shot, cal 1632 multi-alarm module.

The Connie on it's own

The Connie caseback

And the round cased Speedy for comparison

Not everyone's cup of tea but I know a few TZ members have a liking for these, and at least one of you has at least two of these

Just wish I could photograph the bloody things

Cheers - Simon

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing.

Some interesting pieces there, most of us will never see one "in the wild".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Some interesting pieces there, most of us will never see one "in the wild".

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie. As you suggest, they are quite rare and therefore hard to get hold of. This little group has taken me about 3 years to assemble and has cost a small fortune to acquire. 3 of them have been through STS and the service cost alone is more than most people would pay for a LCD watch!

Ignoring the gold-filled versions, there are one or two other case styles which I don't have but I reckon this is enough for now at least

That is a really cool collection, Vintage LCD are on the up, I would love to find one.

You need a gold one ;).

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Not everyone's cup of tea but I know a few TZ members have a liking for these, and at least one of you has at least two of these

Cheers - Simon
    Hi Simon

I'm glad to see the Constellation is finally back....and looking good !

These are strangely addictive....and as you know , I have a couple myself....

I think they are going to be a very sound investment....they are certainly rare enough as only produced by Omega for 1x year.

Well done....

Best - Neil

Great collection!! I really love the mirror dial versions.

I had my eye on a 1620 Constellation on Ebay - but it was withdrawn before the end of the auction :( - which was probably just as well as I have a rather expensive (for me) incoming, that I have not finished paying for yet!!!

Exclamation

Interesting collection, nice to see something a bit different.

Wow great collection. Love focused collections like this. Very unusual and all looking in great condition. Congratulations! Do you have an Albatross, or is that outside your area?

Journeyman
    Beautiful collection, the condition of them all looks to be amazing. They seem very hard to find in nice shape and I particularly like the Memomaster with it's touch of colour. I missed the chance to buy the Speedmaster Professional version once with b&p...it was in great condition and I'm still regretting it now especially when I see yours!

Cheers Chris

Very nice, I need to add that Connie to my "list" ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    You need a gold one ;).
    Nah, you know I had a gp Memomaster and sold it. Watches are for wearing but even I can't do gold LCD!

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post

I'm glad to see the Constellation is finally back....and looking good !

I think they are going to be a very sound investment....they are certainly rare enough as only produced by Omega for 1x year.
    I think you will agree that It's all about patience Neil. Finding, servicing, and wearing. I won't make any money in the short term but that's not my motivation. I've owned the Connie for almost two years but can now wear it for the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    Great collection!! I really love the mirror dial versions.

I had my eye on a 1620 Constellation on Ebay -
    They come up from time to time but often aren't working. Need to factor in servicing costs of course.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    Do you have an Albatross, or is that outside your area?
    The Albatross is a truly great watch but it somehow doesn't appeal to me. Odd really as I like other analogue/digi watches, I have an X33!

Quote Originally Posted by cristos71 View Post
    They seem very hard to find in nice shape and I particularly like the Memomaster with it's touch of colour. I missed the chance to buy the Speedmaster Professional version once with b&p...it was in great condition and I'm still regretting it now
    As said, it's a matter of patience but you must be ready to strike when the time is right. Some models are more scarce and it can be quite frustrating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    I need to add that Connie to my "list" ;-)
    It is one my favourites too. Nice wrist presence.

So - can STS reapir a 1620 movement ? How much does it cost ?

I think that I have owned all the variants at one time or another, though not at the same time like you Simon.

And yours is a fine collection.

My favorite would be the Constellation also, its a more substantial piece than the other 1620 models and I much prefer the bracelet style, the the design on the the other types tends to catch the hairs somewhat.

Nah, you know I had a gp Memomaster and sold it. Watches are for wearing but even I can't do gold LCD!
    I remember ;) I was only joking. :)

I agree I would never buy anything I would not wear a lot, that is the rule.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    So - can STS reapir a 1620 movement ? How much does it cost ?
    Yes, they will undertake some repairs to them, for example broken contacts. I would need to look at my records but I think a service is around £300 or around £500 with a new 1620 module. Rough estimates, please don't quote me!

Funny enough I was thinking about my LCD speedmaster this morning that I traded on he forum maybe 18 months ago, wish I had never parted with it :-( it was mint, boxed. I would love to buy it back, traded it to a forum member in the isle of man but can't remember the name.

So if anyone knows who has it................I would love to have it back

Great collection by the way

Yes, they will undertake some repairs to them, for example broken contacts. I would need to look at my records but I think a service is around £300 or around £500 with a new 1620 module. Rough estimates, please don't quote me!
    Hi Simon

Yes re the service cost of £300 (plus the dreaded VAT of course)....luckily not had the pleasure of a replacement module so far !

Best - Neil

Master
    That Constellation is a peach - I love it! You must be delighted to have it back.

Always had a thing for high-end quartz. Sadly, my own stable is down to just the one - ETA movement Breitling Aero chronometer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    Funny enough I was thinking about my LCD speedmaster this morning that I traded on he forum maybe 18 months ago, wish I had never parted with it :-( it was mint, boxed. I would love to buy it back, traded it to a forum member in the isle of man but can't remember the name.

So if anyone knows who has it................I would love to have it back

Tbh I think the lcd speedmaster is the coolest speedmaster of all speedmasters. I find it súch a cool chrono with the rugged/accurate digital display in the classic case. Not as cool as the LED Navtimer but quite a bit more practical.
    I hope you get it back.

I am quite fond of these vintage Omega quartz models, too. Nice collection and thank you for sharing!

Connie's my favorite :)

Journeyman
    Nice collection - also a part of watch history
    regards
    Terje

Nice to see it finally back, whilst LCD is not to my own taste, these are rare and interesting so I like them even though I woulden't want one myself.

Apologies for the thread resurrection folks but I thought the following might be helpful if anyone is doing a search

STS can no longer service the 1620 calibre - I received an email from them this morning saying that they have to go back to Omega in Switzerland for this