closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Choices

Choices

So, I am thinking of buying a second watch. Would be used and fairly robust to take some pressure of my AP ROC.

I'm thinking up to £4500

My short list is new IWC Pilot CHRONO (3777) on strap or ceramic Sub no cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    So, I am thinking of buying a second watch. Would be used and fairly robust to take some pressure of my AP ROC.

I'm thinking up to £4500

My short list is new IWC Pilot CHRONO (3777) on strap or ceramic Sub no cyclops.
    Pressed send too early.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Those are very different watches. Any real help would need to know your criteria. The way you asked the question, all you'll get is the usual "I love my Sub" and "Everyone has a Sub, get the IWC" kind of comments.

Alternatively, the standard TZ-UK viewpoint: "Buy the Rolex!!!!!!!"

Sea Dweller.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Master
    IWC on SC now and save yourself some cash for other frivolities. No brainer.

Check out Bremont.

Blog Entries

Choices

If you're looking for everyday practicality over 'brand name' & want it tough enough to resist everyday knocks & bumps without dings, then you may do well to check out Damasko or a tegimented Sinn. Both quality watches with resilient cases.

z

The Sub - but personally I would go for a pre-ceramic 16610. And I would definitely keep the cyclops - after all, it is a Rolex, and you will grow to love it!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by closetothebrink View Post
    The Sub - but personally I would go for a pre-ceramic 16610. And I would definitely keep the cyclops - after all, it is a Rolex, and you will grow to love it!
    I agree good choice for that money and purpose

Thing is, the main reason for liking the sub us the c bezel, just love thelook of it. But that said I also think the Pilot looks great and have always wanted an IWC, yes the on on SCis tempting me.l.No doubtb the,sub will take more of a beating and my watches do take a bashing!! but it does worry me that so many people have them....I understand that highlights how good they are.

Re Bremont, I do like them and subscribe to their Englishness etc but they just don't rate highly enough in terms of aesthetics for me at the mo. Nicest modest I have seen on SC though right now, looks great.

Criteria, is fairly hard wearing, sporty yet smart that can be used comfortably in most scenarios.

Tough choice,

Blog Entries
    Get the ceramic sub mate, you won't regret it .