closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sending overseas, Airsure or International Signed for

Master

Sending overseas, Airsure or International Signed for

I'm looking to send a watch to a fellow member this week who lives in the Netherlands and I'm wondering if International Signed for or Airsure is the way to go. The watch is worth a fair bit so I'll be taking out additional insurance through Transit 2 Insure to cover the cost but am a bit confused as to the options offered by Royal Mail.

Airsure seems to be the better service as is slightly more expensive and offers better tracking although no signature required at the delivery point

International Signed for seems to only get tracked at the UK end and then no tracking in the destination country BUT requires a signature so proof it's been received which may be better for the insurance cover God forbid I need to use it!

I'm going to put both options to the buyer but knowing how many people here send stuff out over the water I wanted to see what others would use and why. My gut is saying Airsure although I'm concerned it doesn't need a signature, does that mean if the guy isn't in the postie could leave it with a neighbour or in the bin, etc?

I used International Signed For to the Netherlands with no problems.
    Although as above, if the value is high consider an international courier.
    Stuff from the Netherlands often comes via TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    does that mean if the guy isn't in the postie could leave it with a neighbour or in the bin, etc?
    Correct! They just zap the barcode at destination, have been known to leave on the doorstep!

I've sent dozens Int'l Signed For, they've always got there