closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bead Blasting in the UK

Bead Blasting in the UK

Hi ive got a monster and i would love to get it bead blasted but does anyone know where i can get it done in the uk and what is the average cost for it to be done

Thxs

I'm interested to know what exactly bead blasting is, we bought a cabinet for blasting which uses a fine abrasive material, I've played around with various bits of metal and it gives a really nice dull finish. Not brave enough to have a go with my PO though!

...it's surface finishing using beads of glass as the blast medium- gives a satin finish and doesn't leave the surface as "open" as grit or sand blasting-needs to be done on bare items such as watch cases on their own and blast media must be scrupilkously removed afterwards before re-assembly.
    think of caster sugar as a consistency for the beads which flow really easily.
    Goat

Banned
    Try member Twickersdude.

Quote Originally Posted by europa View Post
    Try member Twickersdude.

Thxs will do

Blog Entries
    Try member Twickersdude.
    Err.... is he still operating?

I would do a search on Twickers first if i were you.. decide if you want the watch back or not..

He popped up a few months ago again, touting. AFAIK Mrteatime still has an issue.

Banned
    What's the problem with Twickers? I did a search but couldn't find much.
    I only ask, as I am after some more blasting work myself. I didn't have a problem a while back when he blasted some stuff for me.

Bead Blasting in the UK

Not UK but monsterwatches.nl do it...

Here you go Stewart http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=michael+newby

I chatted with him a couple of years ago, really nice guy. I know Shawn went down to see him and see him work, all was well.

Im not sure what changed but its a shame.

Was 'Bead Blasting in the UK' a less-successful follow-up to 'French Kissing in the USA'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Here you go Stewart http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=michael+newby

I chatted with him a couple of years ago, really nice guy. I know Shawn went down to see him and see him work, all was well.

Im not sure what changed but its a shame.
    Thanks Minkle.. but.. that thread is dated Nov 2010. Twickers did some blasting work for me in May this year, and all was fantastic. Had a nice chat with him on the phone too, he did a super job & turned the work around in no time.

So, unless he's stopped doing work since May this year, I can't see the problem??

Thats very good news!

I remember when he came back to the forum earlier this year, there was still an unresolved issue with a missing watch.

I hope Michael is back to his very best now.

Cheers Stewart, good to know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Thats very good news!

I remember when he came back to the forum earlier this year, there was still an unresolved issue with a missing watch.

I hope Michael is back to his very best now.

Cheers Stewart, good to know.
    No problem Minkle. In fact, he went above and beyond what I asked him to do. I couldn't be more impressed to be honest.

Master
    mmmmmm...interesting....i know myself and a few others are still awaiting work/money from micheal stretching back about 3 years...

when twickers was doing work for me he was excellent and as already mentioned he had a very high standard.....then...he had a few issues and just disappeared....

Blog Entries
    There is a guy accross on the British Blades forum that does beadblasting. His charges are very reasonable (£10 for three items including postage), but you would need to send him only what you wanted blasting, he's not a watchmaker!
    I've pmd him to see if he's still doing it.

Do you need it doing soon? Have you removed the movement and bezel? Do you need the bezel doing too?

I did a quick job with my own cabinet on a cheapish seiko and was really pleased with the result... I'm on hols at the moment but can post pics when I get back...

Blog Entries
    My guy is still working. He is happy to undertake work, bracelets, cases etc. And is happy for me to pass on his email to interested parties. He is based in Leicester, and has a long positive history as a maker accross on British Blades. Anybody wanting his email just drop me a pm.

Master
    No problem Minkle. In fact, he went above and beyond what I asked him to do. I couldn't be more impressed to be honest.

im glad that you got your watch back from micheal with no problems...and like i said, there is no problems with the standard or quality of his work....in fact, micheal did 6 watches for me in total, including modding and beadblasting.....

however, there are at least 3 people on the other side still outstanding either a watch to be returned or money paid for work not done....and i think that there are another 2 on here that are waiting on the same....

Hopefully, twickers has sorted his problems out and everything is ok.....however there is still the outstanding watches that he has that he needs to deal with....I do have his address and really i should pay the bloke a visit because its been 3 years now and ive not heard a peep from the guy about my sumo....its not just a few quid as i paid up front for the watch from him....and although ive moved on and written it off i could well do without having to lose a couple of hundread quid....

ive stood up for the guy before and if im honest ive been made to feel a fool.....and by him doing work for others and then people raving about it sticks in my throat a bit....ive stopped short of calling the guy a thief, but i think its time to sort this out.....

i'll pm the guy again and see what the score is with him and hopefully we can sort this mess out....we'll see if he has the bollocks to reply this time....i doubt it but we'll see...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrteatime View Post
    i'll pm the guy again and see what the score is with him and hopefully we can sort this mess out....we'll see if he has the bollocks to reply this time....i doubt it but we'll see...
    Did you get a response?

Germany

Know somebody who does it in Germany at 240.- Euros for a case, not cheap but excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf View Post
    Know somebody who does it in Germany at 240.- Euros for a case, not cheap but excellent work.
    240 Euro's a case :-) I'm in the wrong game.

I blasted the case, back and bezel myself on my SKX013 at work. It turned out very nicely as well even if I do say so myself. I'll post a link to some pictures later. Drop me a pm sometime if you would like your monster done, just cover the postage mate and it's game on.

Here is the thread which i posted some pictures on over at WUS. Page 2 is where the snaps are.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/hel...13-491246.html

(If this link if frowned upon mods let me know, and i will try and just post the picture direct link)

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    I blasted the case, back and bezel myself on my SKX013 at work. It turned out very nicely as well even if I do say so myself. I'll post a link to some pictures later. Drop me a pm sometime if you would like your monster done, just cover the postage mate and it's game on.

That does look good well done, I'd love my Seiko monster bead blasted but don't have a clue how to pull one apart,
    and even if I did I wouldn't attempt it with my big sausage fingers.