closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Treadmill Recomendations

Master

Treadmill Recomendations

Hi Guys,
    Very off-topic and not sure if this is the right sub forum for it, but here goes.
    Due to work family commitments, I get no to go to the gym or I can not priorities my time to fit this in, so I want to buy a treadmill for home and something good and reliable ideally mains powered and most importantly value for money.
    Do anyone of you own treadmills and if so which ones can you recommend?
    Thank you in advance
    Zak

Craftsman
    Kettler have a good reputation. German manufacturer.

Treadmill Recomendations

Everyone I know who's bought a treadmill uses it for the first month or so, then it becomes a place to hang clothes on!!

Hope you have more success with one!!

Malc

Grand Master
    Just buy a clothes horse straight away.

The good thing about treadmills is that you can stop when you want to stop.

To elaborate, this is especially useful when recovering from injury and you don't want to be left stranded miles from home with a sore calf muscle!! ...not that this has ever happened to me ;)

Don't buy a treadmill under any circumstances.

No matter how long your day is, find the time to run in the morning before work, at lunchtime during work, or after the children have gone to bed.

You need to be really, really determined to use a treadmill in your house - it's very noisy, bulky and there's no fresh air.

Avoid.

I shared the cynicism of many here when my wife wanted one 2 years ago

After the first month.....guess what.....she didn't use it

However I use it two to three times a week and I do enjoy it. Whack on my iPod or watch something on the iPad

If you are going to take the plunge do not get a cheapo. They are terrible. Try and get a floating or cushioned base. The best are Life Fitness but very expensive. I went for one like this http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...-treadmill.php which is ok when placed on cushioning gym mats bought at decathlon

If you can find a reconditioned Life Fitness for less than a grand that would be my choice

You can hire them from some places and might be worth doing that for 3 months to see if you take to it. http://www.homegymuk.com/hire/gym-ex...nd-walkers.php