closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G-Shock GW-M5610BC-1ER Heads Up

G-Shock GW-M5610BC-1ER Heads Up

This is the all black, neg display version of the M5610.
    Had my eye on the price of these on amazon for a while now and has dropped today to just £121.50, which considering it has the metal combi bracelet which is £60 or so on it's own is a good price i think. So good i've just ordered one.

Brighty

These bracelets are comfortable, but very over priced IMO

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Had my eye on the price of these on amazon for a while now and has dropped today to just £121.50, which considering it has the metal combi bracelet which is £60 or so on it's own is a good price i think. So good i've just ordered one.

Brighty
    Let us know how you get on Brighty,I'm very tempted too!

Apprentice

GW M5610BC

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post

Brighty

- - - Updated - - -

Apprentice

Just got mine, the price with the bracelet was too tempting, chance to try it out as all my other Gs are plain resin. First impressions are excellent, extremely light, comfy, way better than the standard resin. Feel a TikTox raid coming on for one for my 6900.

Also the bracelet, stealth bezel and negative display work extremely well IMHO, I've had two 5600s before with resin and this is way, way better. Absolutely delighted, buy with confidence.

Master
    Is Amazon's 20% fashion discount still live? If so, even better value at £96.

It's a great watch but £65 for the bracelet is ridiculous. Wore a little small for me so I flipped mine, but I did really like it apart from being unable to change the month-before-day date format.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Dave R seems very tempted... Trying to reach SC in one thhread!

so what's this Amazon discount??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DS3R View Post
    Dave R seems very tempted... Trying to reach SC in one thhread!

so what's this Amazon discount??
    I think there may be a more recent thread, but here you go:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...Amazon+fashion

Craftsman
    Yep, just tried it on teh most expensive watch Amazon sell, a Raymond Weil Ladies Stainless Steel diamond set, discount would take of over £600.

Not a bad discount.

...and a quick and dirty iPhone pic of my new acquisition on the wrist

Very nice. I just used the 20% discount to buy a new regular GW-5610 as it's my perfect watch for running and sports.

Ooops!!

Thanks for the heads up.
    I've just ordered a GW-6900-1ER for the princely sum of £53-52, because I really needed another watch....we need a sarcasm smiley!!

Master
    I love G-Shocks, but I the combination with bracelets doesn't work for me. I've never actually bought one, but in my mind a G-Shock has to be resin....

Alex

Don't knock the bracelet 'til you've tried it. I've had well over 10 Gs on resin, and this was a revelation. Think I would choose resin for exercise though as Mr Fly says, as its easier to adjust on the go in the event of any sweat / swelling of the wrist. My GW6900 is pretty much exclusively reserved for weekend 10K duties for this reason.

Oh and congrats to the lucky GW6900 buyer above, great price, not so long ago these were either mid £70s or unavailable due to Thailand supply issues. The GW6900 would be my G of choice if I could have only one, but with Gs that's never enough.....;)

I bought it using the 20% Amazon discount a while ago, so for under a £100. Makes an ideal wear to the gym and for gardening and DIY. The combi bracelet is very light and comfortable as are the curved lugs that sit nicely on the top of the wrist. Plus I use it as an atomic reference to synch other watches to. Doesn't seem to mind mostly being kept in a bag, despite being solar charged.

Master
    Also nabbed one but didn't really like it , I had discount and sold it to a friend for asking , he's an arse so sod it!

hmm - not sure i like the bracelet
    i think g shocks are meant to be on straps on the whole!

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up, watch is a good price.
    Has anyone got the 20% discount code to work on OP watch? It hasn't for me ;-(
    Scouter

Craftsman
    Yes, works for me.

Items: £121.50
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total: £121.50
    Promotion Applied: -£24.30
    Order Total: £97.20

Craftsman
    I'm jinked !
    I am following the rules of the promotional code, .co.uk, only sold by amazon etc etc.
    Enter code and not accepted. There are 2 places to enter the code and neither work.
    Any ideas chaps?
    Thanks
    Scouter

I hate computers.

Craftsman
    You can only enter teh code once, so if you've entered it before Amazon should remember and automatically apply the discoutn code.

WHen searching for teh watch, make sure you tick the box on the left hand side that says "Seller" "Amazon.co.uk" as the code only works with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    I'm jinked !
    I am following the rules of the promotional code, .co.uk, only sold by amazon etc etc.
    Enter code and not accepted. There are 2 places to enter the code and neither work.
    Any ideas chaps?
    Thanks
    Scouter

I hate computers.
    Worked for me. I 'copied and pasted' the code from the welcome email. The discount showed up immediately.

Craftsman
    Thanks for replies onlynik and TikTokTrev
    I am doing everything you say
    Code has only been generated since this thread
    I have tried the code with and without an additional item of clothing
    After the goto basket the items come up as Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    I'm doomed...
    Last edited by Scouter; 13th October 2012 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    Thanks for replies onlynik and TikTokTrev
    I am doing everything you say
    Code has only been generated since this thread
    I have tried the code with and without an additional item of clothing
    After the goto basket the items come up as Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    I'm doomed...
    Maybe unsubscribe from the fashion mailout, resubscribe and see if that generates a new code.....doesn't sound like it could make things any worse than now.
    Or set up a fresh account from a different email address and start again.
    Failing that I'd say you're doomed!

ps. I think mine's also coming via EU Sarl.

Edited to add i've just checked my email......if you unsubscribe you don't get another code....Doomed it is!!
    Last edited by TikTokTrev; 13th October 2012 at 11:57.

Master
    Yes, do check that it is sold by amazon, and not just fulfilled by amazon

Alex

Thanks for the heads up and the fashio discount, worked great!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Thanks for the heads up and the fashio discount, worked great!
    This offer still on then? The thread is 5 months old.

Yes it worked like a charm. Actually just ordered the regular 5610 as well, also with 20% discount (second account I had for amazon.com USA). Thought it appropriate to thank the people above.

Weird thing was though that initiially my .co.uk account didnt accept the code I received. Unsubscribed the newsletter, resubscribed, got a different code and that worked.

Banned
    Yes it worked like a charm. Actually just ordered the regular 5610 as well, also with 20% discount (second account I had for amazon.com USA). Thought it appropriate to thank the people above.

Weird thing was though that initiially my .co.uk account didnt accept the code I received. Unsubscribed the newsletter, resubscribed, got a different code and that worked.
    Excellent.. Don't suppose you have a link?

Just visit the fasion pages. There is a banner.

Edit, now on my pc and not on iPhone, the link is found here (small in green)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clothing-Fas...&node=83450031

which leads to:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_li..._rd_i=83450031
    Last edited by Glen Goyne; 12th March 2013 at 21:09.

Damn you Casio! I truly was anti G-Shock not more than 4 weeks ago, now I have two . My negative attitude came from some of the more bulky plastic ones. Then the GW-M5610BC popped into view in some nice pics and it kept hunting me untill this thread made me pull the trigger. I liked it right away, nice square size, stealth looks, bracelet. one thing bugged me and that is that the time really can be very hard to read. Showed it to another Watchfan and could hardly tell the time, even with AEL on, in fact even when pressing the button for the light I couldnt see anything happen due to the lighting at that time.

So I ordered a plain GW-M5610 as well, was going to sell the BC version. It arrived today and I like it, the red around the display, easier to read and the strap suits it and is pretty comfy (I read a GW-5000 strap would be more comfy but coming from Seiko rubbers this is divine). I actually think the strap looks wider than the bracelet but that was optical, they are the same.

So I've picked up the BC a few times to reinstall all links and get it ready for sale but each time I put it back down. I hate myself for my indecisiveness, I can buy electronics far more expensive in a minute but with watches I'm always going back and forth. So for ow both are staying.

Must add to future buyers that the BC has some nice pics on the web but in most lighting it looks a lot darker and less easy to read. It is all about light and tilting it right.

Blog Entries
    Must add to future buyers that the BC has some nice pics on the web but in most lighting it looks a lot darker and less easy to read. It is all about light and tilting it right.
    I'm glad it's not just me that finds negative displays hard to read. They look so cool but when it comes to practicality they really lose out.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 13th March 2013 at 13:54. Reason: Fixed typo

It is hard to explain. Most carefully set up shot show a clear display and lots of detail on the dial.

Here an indoor shot in the evening with flash off. I know the pic sucks but you can see the difference and I squint at this pic about the same as at the watch.

Still can't sell it though ;-)

Master
    Bit of a bargain at £88 from Nigel O'Hara at the moment. They don't have the best customer service and I'd usually avoid them but you can't argue at this price. Be quick though the prices do go up and down like a yoyo!
    http://www.nigelohara.com/casio-mens...-pid21700.html

Great deal! Still kept mine, it is nice in a weird way with te bracelet and inverted display. Very stealthy.

Only £88.50 on Amazon at the moment too (though not in stock) ..... have been watching the prices there too, and they have come down from c. £130 to £88.50 over the past month or so ...... having had the normal display for Christmas am very very tempted ...... assume the bracelet would be interchangeable between both versions?

The question is, how much longer do I chance waiting for any further price reductions - usually when I do this the day I decide to order is the day something pops back to RRP!!!!!!
    Last edited by mantaray; 13th April 2013 at 11:29.

The discount has just worked for me. I have just bought an atomic G-Shock GW-6900-1ER for £45.16 including postage!! Thanks for the heads up...

Me too - GW-M5610BC-1ER on bracelet for £70.84 ......

For international buyers amazon might be better as shipping to certain counties like the Netherlands is free over Gbp 20 and with 20% discount added a real bargain now.

Signed up for the email, got the code but not working on a Riseman :-(

You lot are a nightmare - I just got the 5610BC with bracelet for £70.84....I've already got a 5600!

Nice one. I've had one of these for a couple of years now and it's my most worn watch. Not just because it's as tough as old boots, but it's icy cool too.

Bracelet is great and mine doesn't even look too battered after a LOT of heavy use.

Journeyman
    It is hard to explain. Most carefully set up shot show a clear display and lots of detail on the dial.

Here an indoor shot in the evening with flash off. I know the pic sucks but you can see the difference and I squint at this pic about the same as at the watch.

Still can't sell it though ;-)
    This picture makes me glad i went for the plain old normal 5610 instead of the inverted display, it really highlights the difference in legibility in low light conditions. The bracelet isn't an issue for me, as i've got mine on strap adaptors and a black 24mm zulu for ultimate toughness. :p

Got to admit though, the stealth bezel is nice...

Master
    Amazon showing this still at £122 (pre-20% discount, though I havent received the email coupon code).

Am I looking in the wrong place?

EDIT:

Amazon are selling it for £88, but they're out of stock, so it defaults to the next seller with stock, and that's £122.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Shock-Digi...SIN=B007H5CKCM

Look on the right for the Amazon price.

I've ordered it from the amazon link, and used the code - £70 - but says 1-2 MONTH wait time for stock...

Still, bargain when it arrives!!

Thanks for the heads up
    Last edited by ach5; 13th April 2013 at 23:15.

Master

I registered for the 20% but it doesn't work against the 5600 because a) it's not being sold by Amazon or b) it's only useable against clothes and shoes.

Just as well as I couldn't afford it anyway

David

Master
    Worked for me (did you use the £88 Amazon link on the right under "add to basket"?)

You have to buy from amazon direct, not third parties. I have two amazon accounts from years ago and had one account fail, then used the other. Try unsubscribing and resubscribing the newsletter for a new discount. Worked for me.

Love mine! I don't find the legibility an issue at all; quick turn of the wrist and a light comes on!