closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tooth ache

Master

Tooth ache

So had a filling on Thursday & the dentist said it would be sensitive for a few days, well Saturday & Sunday night no sleep due to a deep throbbing pain in the jaw, ibuprofen & codeine make no dent in it, so it seems I have another trip to the chair today.....

Funny just had some paracetamol & that has had much more impact on the pain, now feel almost human......

Master
    I feel for you... tooth ache really is one of the worst 'not-a-horrific-injury' pains.

I managed to get ear ache a few weeks ago hill walking in strong, cold winds. Don't think I've had ear ache since I was in single figures... surprisingly unpleasant actually which I felt, at the time, was akin to tooth ache. On reflection, perhaps I was being a bit soft... tooth ache I think is worse.

Good luck.
    Last edited by mab; 8th October 2012 at 12:30. Reason: Poor spelling

Re: Tooth ache

After my own experiences, anybody with tooth ache has my total sympathy.

I flew to Australia with tooth ache, and the pressure onboard the aircraft really did not help.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Slightly OT, but a tooth abscess is an absolute shocker, pain of the highest level!

Master
    Still waiting going to be seen at quarter to five... Pain does suggest a possible abscess. We will see in a couple of hours.

As the practice is just up the road from my local AD I might stop in and see what's going on there...
    Does that mean the pain's not that bad or I'm looking for any diversion I can get?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Slightly OT, but a tooth abscess is an absolute shocker, pain of the highest level!
    I concur. The hygienist had to close the door to drown out my shouts of pain-the dentist was so apologetic but nothing he could do. The pain relief barely touched it!

Horrible experience that i hope never to repeat.

Master
    Gurrr just back from the dentists, my chap was away so saw another fellow & he hummed & ahhhed, gave a poke here & there, told me I still had the filling from last week, had a large pocket by the tooth in question & that I could wait & see if it calmed down or whip it out ( the tooth that is Mrs.... ).

Well blow me that's a bit drastic I thought for a resently filled tooth, soo back home with nea drugs to kill the pain, though on the bright side it's not a absess....

Time to self medicate on beer I think!

What's the problem - just use oil of cloves.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    toothache is the worst.
    i sympathise.

try brufen and paras together.

Tooth ache

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    try brufen and paras together.
    Washed down with an oil of cloves, liquid nitrogen and scotch chaser.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Washed down with an oil of cloves, liquid nitrogen and scotch chaser.
    Think the gold watch is all gone, might have some Tquila Mmmmm
    Tried clove oil & ambersol no joy, still hurting like a mofo as Mr Jackson would say

Tooth ache

Toothache is the work of the devil.

If you can score some cocaine, a line of that rubbed on your gums should sort it...

feel the gum with a finger tip, if you come across a swollen part, use a finger nail to burst it by pressure, i have seen it done on on a five day jaunt in the wilderness, some blood and puss will emerge, if you are very lucky a little white item smaller than a match head but as hard as a rock will emerge, no more pain, just numbness and soreness for a day.

had a few abscess over the years, no pain on earth like them, but when they burst, the feeling is better than sex( well almost) lol

Quote Originally Posted by oldstock View Post
    feel the gum with a finger tip, if you come across a swollen part, use a finger nail to burst it by pressure, i have seen it done on on a five day jaunt in the wilderness, some blood and puss will emerge, if you are very lucky a little white item smaller than a match head but as hard as a rock will emerge, no more pain, just numbness and soreness for a day.
    I had one like this in my student days. After bursting it I would leave a piece of cotton-wool soaked in neat Dettol on the offending place. Kind of shrivelled the skin but worked!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldstock View Post
    I unfortunately have very long roots, and had an abcess which the doctor and dentist couldn't decide whether it was at teh tip of my root or the base of my sinus. After a trip to hospital, it turned to be an abcess a tthe root. The dentist at the hosptial then cut into my gums with a scalpel, i remember the darkness aproaching from the sides of my eyes, thinking, "Hmmm, this is a nice feeling" But they stopped me from passing out.

My wife has had an abscess on a number of occasions. Apparently it's more painful than childbirth

I'm a dentist. If you want a second opinion and if you can get hold of your X-rays (were they digital? If not ask the practice to scan them and email you them) I'll give you the best diagnosis I can over the internet.

Best

Chia

Master
    Just found this old thread and just gotta say Oraljel is my new best friend. I don't know why my dentist didn't recommend it, amazing stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Just found this old thread and just gotta say Oraljel is my new best friend. I don't know why my dentist didn't recommend it, amazing stuff.
    Could be useful! I've never seen nor heard of that before. Thanks for mentioning it.

Master

Toothache

When my wife had a wisdom tooth out the most effective thing she used was soluble asprin desolved in the mouth. (by the pain)