closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Handwind and 200m water resistance

Craftsman

Handwind and 200m water resistance

I am looking for a new watch meeting the. Subject mentioned criteria. I am leading towards a Glycine Incosure. What else should I look for?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogiants View Post
    I am looking for a new watch meeting the. Subject mentioned criteria. I am leading towards a Glycine Incosure. What else should I look for?
    Zixen Trimix Mechanik Has an ETA 6497 and 1000m WR.

Craftsman
    Thank, that is interesting.

But that Seiko's not handwound? Or at least, not exclusively handwound. (Most auto watches can be h/w, of course.) What about a simple Panerai? Too expensive? What's the w/r of the Anonimo Militare? 100m?

Master

Re: Handwind and 200m water resistance

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    But that Seiko's not handwound? Or at least, not exclusively handwound. (Most auto watches can be h/w, of course.)
    That Seiko is automatic, probably equipped with 7s26 or 6r15 (only this one has hand winding too).

Quote Originally Posted by mihaixp View Post
    That Seiko is automatic, probably equipped with 7s26 or 6r15 (only this one has hand winding too).
    Well, it's not 7s26 then, is it, as that can't be handwound. I just wonder why people dive in with recommendations without seeming to have read the OP! "Yeah, I'm looking for a nice vegetarian meal for two, any suggestions?"

"Bacon sarnies!"

Master

Re: Handwind and 200m water resistance

Well, it's not 7s26 then, is it, as that can't be handwound. I just wonder why people dive in with recommendations without seeming to have read the OP! "Yeah, I'm looking for a nice vegetarian meal for two, any suggestions?"

"Bacon sarnies!"
    Yep, that's what I wanted to emphasize in the previous post. Still, even if the watch has hand winding it is mainly automatic it doesn't meet the criteria requested by the OP.

Grand Master
    How about the Victorinox Airboss handwound? It has a disengaging screw-down crown, not sure of the WR though (it may be only 100m).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Blog Entries
    Well, is there anything that you don't like about the Incursore that makes you wonder what other watches you should look at?

Or, put another way, what is it that you like about the Incursore that you would like the other watches to have as well?

"Bacon sarnies!"
    Hmmm, bacon.

Really it's no different from the majority on here, who recommend a Rolex Sub as the solution to everything.

Blog Entries
    HW & 200m WR - Begs the question - Why ?

Surely an auto would me more suitable for a dive watch ?
    (in that you would have less wear & tear on the seal - which would be more if you manually wind everyday?)

z

I've heard that the advantage of a h/w is that you are sure of the power reserve, and that it's fully wound. With an auto in need of service, the power reserve could be much lower than you expect. It's all a bit academic, but not much of this hobby makes rational sense.

Blog Entries
    HW and screw down crown?No thanks....

Buy a Rolex sub and get the rotor removed.

Vostok amphibian with 200m water resistance and an innovative simple screw down crown, suitable for daily unscrewing and winding. I think it's only the CCCP ones that are hand wind only though.