closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PO strap problems...

PO strap problems...

Just over a year ago my PO strap (with the white stitching) gave up and split after only 12 months service. My AD replaced it as it was clearly faulty.

Now the replacement strap has started to flake at the edges after just over 12 months service. My AD says this time that "straps are not covered by guarantee and it would be considered wear and tear".

I think this is unacceptable for straps which are more than some half decent watches. Has anyone else had similar probs? Do you think I should stand my ground on this? Can't afford to keep replacing these straps annually the way they're going!

Great, thanks for that. Will do...

Master
    Blog Entries
    You haven't given any context as to the useage your PO has had. If you had worn it to the office every day for a year, the wear would be excessive. However, if you have been diving, climbing and generally giving the watch a damn good thrashing, the wear may be reasonable. I would say that of all the straps the leather look rubber would on looks alone appear to be the most vulnerable to scrapes, scratches, splits etc.

Well, I think I'm quite light usage, only worn to the office or for best. Taken off before any water contact or 'hard work' and replaced with a g shock. It's also worn in rotation with a couple of other watches, so hardly used rigorous use I'd say!

Re: PO strap problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Jsnmb View Post
    Well, I think I'm quite light usage, only worn to the office or for best. Taken off before any water contact or 'hard work' and replaced with a g shock. It's also worn in rotation with a couple of other watches, so hardly used rigorous use I'd say!
    Do your other leather straps also suffer short lives? Maybe your sweat is particularly acidic... no joke - friend of mine has to replace steering wheels as often as I change my tyres :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Do your other leather straps also suffer short lives? Maybe your sweat is particularly acidic... no joke - friend of mine has to replace steering wheels as often as I change my tyres :-)

Never had a problem, my TW Steel makes it look like a market sellers strap in terms of quality! (And thats hardly a premium brand)