closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone know what watch Andy Murray was wearing....

Master

Anyone know what watch Andy Murray was wearing....

Banned
    Rado D Star 200 Chronograph. It's not a bad looking watch.

http://www.rado.com/en/watches/dstar...200/detail.htm

Haha, he is clearly new to this watch sponsorship thing.

But at least the boy now has a watch, I couldn't help thinking his wrist looked kinda naked on the podium at the Olympics, while being surrounded by Rolex wearers in second and third place.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinessex View Post
    Haha, he is clearly new to this watch sponsorship thing.

But at least the boy now has a watch, I couldn't help thinking his wrist looked kinda naked on the podium at the Olympics, while being surrounded by Rolex wearers in second and third place.
    Maybe he wasn´t allowed to?

If the players wearing Rolex were allowed, he should've been allowed to wear his Rado.

The event/olympics were sponsored by Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by ddw78 View Post
    If the players wearing Rolex were allowed, he should've been allowed to wear his Rado.

I don't think there's any suggestion of him not being allowed - it's far more likely that he simply respected the rules laid out by LOCOG / IOC.

As for the US Open, well, that was sponsored by Citizen...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddw78 View Post

Rado and Omega are both SwatchCo brands; I am sure that if he was allowed to wear any watch whilst accepting his gong, it would be another Swatch product.#

As it goes, the D-Star chrono is a very good looking watch. I don't much like the bracelet for it but in black, on a rubber strap, it's quite cool:

...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    We are a sad bunch! We should be happy for him being the first Grand Slam Winner since Fred Perry!

Grand Master
    Rumour has it that he actually wore a SMILE......... after winning of course!

I`m really pleased that he's finally managed a big win, but he always comes a cross as being a bit dour to say the least. Far more comfortable with a racket in his hand than a microphone.

Paul

Rado must be very pleased with their sponsorship investment in Murray......
    although I imagine it will take more than Andy to put Rado up there with the watch elite brands
    in the eyes of the buying public.

I used to love seeing Andy lose- I couldn't stand him, but I'm one of the converts and actually like to see
    him win these days.....I'd much rather see a scruffy looking Scot win a title than have to endure Federer
    quickly putting on his 'RF' embossed blazer after winning a match-he makes me cringe.

Having said that-watching Andy Murray play would be a nicer experience without endless shots of his mother Judy
    in the crowd clenching her fists....quite nauseating at times........

Master
    I read in the evening standard just now that he was panicking due to the fact he could not find the Rado before lifting the trophy!

Apparently he has a 6 figure sponsorship with Rado

Master

Re: Anyone know what watch Andy Murray was wearing....

Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    I read in the evening standard just now that he was panicking due to the fact he could not find the Rado before lifting the trophy!

Apparently he has a 6 figure sponsorship with Rado
    we stayed up to watch the match last night and we noticed that AM was panicking a little after the game to his people, one of whom shouted "its in the black box (bag?)" and he runs over to hunt through his sports bag. next thing he is giving interviews sporting a flash watch, which he certainly wasn't wearing at the end of the gme.

Djocavic also put a watch on after the match had ended.

Anyone know what watch Andy Murray was wearing....

I thought it looked like a cheap quartz when I saw it. Certainly nothing special (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    although I imagine it will take more than Andy to put Rado up there with the watch elite brands

I used to love seeing Andy lose- I couldn't stand him, but I'm one of the converts and actually like to see
    him win these days.....I'd much rather see a scruffy looking Scot win a title than have to endure Federer
    quickly putting on his 'RF' embossed blazer after winning a match-he makes me cringe.

Having said that-watching Andy Murray play would be a nicer experience without endless shots of his mother Judy
    in the crowd clenching her fists....quite nauseating at times........
    Maybe it's my age and desperation, but I find Judy Murray quite comely.
    Unless she has a thing for balding aged poverty-stricken beer-bellied miserable-looking CAMRA member old car bores, I don't think Mr. M has much to worry about......

Quote Originally Posted by Meinessex View Post
    Haha, he is clearly new to this winning thing.

I made it sound much better.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    It's a mid-priced brand alongside Longines that no-one in the UK knows about. Perhaps Swatch will try to improve its marketing in crowded Western markets but it's already very big in the Middle East, India and parts of Asia, so they are also marching upmarket with more expensive designs and automatic movements (those markets have money, and lots of it).

The new chrono is well over £2,000 list. That's nearly Omega money...
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!