closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Cal 1325 movement?

Craftsman

Question Omega Cal 1325 movement?

Can any one tell me if my chances of sourcing one of these are zero or slightly less?
    My father has had a De Ville with this movement in since about 1976 and it is now kaput. He took it in for a battery and was told there was 'no electrical activity at all'.

With the 1325 being a discontinued calibre is this the end of the road for his watch (other than finding a working donor watch at great expense)?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Darren

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdukok View Post
    Can any one tell me if my chances of sourcing one of these are zero or slightly less?
    My father has had a De Ville with this movement in since about 1976 and it is now kaput. He took it in for a battery and was told there was 'no electrical activity at all'.

With the 1325 being a discontinued calibre is this the end of the road for his watch (other than finding a working donor watch at great expense)?

Darren

Was it a watchmaker who looked at it...? I've bought many a "dead movement" on eBay where all was needed was cleaning of the battery contacts... if the electronics are shot though then a donor would be your best bet I think. Might not have to cost the world?

If the chap who tried the battery did nothing else that try a battery, then as stated before it may be nothing more than a corroded dirty contact.
    Or, of course, it could indeed be dead.

I can test the module for you if you like....just pay the postage both ways and stick a few quid in a charity box.

At least that way you would know.

If it is dead, althoough it was a relatively short lived calibre, a donor would not be too hard to source I suspect.

K

PS.i think that the 1320 parts are interchangable as would be the whole movement.

Just found this in case.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...pe2CYA&cad=rja
    Last edited by keitht; 11th September 2012 at 20:10.

Master

Darren

Slightly less than zero chance of finding a donor movement.
    There are loads of these 1300 calibre movement watches on e.bay with 'not running, might just need a battery'. Or the more honest approach of 'Buggered. Needs a service'.
    The trouble is, parts are notoriously difficult/expensive to source for these so when they appear they usually end up in expensive and collectable watches like the Mariner rather than the comparitively cheap De-Ville and Seamaster dress models. (sorry)
    I seem to recall that the stepper motor is the hard bit to sort.

I believe Paul 'SilverHawk' will have a look at these calibres (with no promises made), but personally when I have had these models go wrong in the past I've just sold them on for parts.

Craftsman
    Many thanks for your input guys :)
    I realise this would be an uneconomical repair but the watch was a silver wedding gift from my mum to my dad so I want to give it a go.

I will take you up on your offer of testing the module please Keitht :) I'll PM you and thank you very much for your kindness.

My dad did say the guy put it on a meter off some sort but he couldn't see any more than that. Does that mean he may well have tested the module?

Can anybody confirm that the 1320 and 1325 are interchangeable?

I may contact Paul as well, I guess it cant hurt to ask.

Thanks again guys,

Darren

Master
    Many thanks for your input guys :)
    I realise this would be an uneconomical repair but the watch was a silver wedding gift from my mum to my dad so I want to give it a go.

In that case hit the bay. Hard.
    You should be able to pick up a running 1325 in the region of £200, maybe after a bit of a hunt, but they're around.
    It won't be economical as you say, and you'll end up with a different none-runner which in most cases defeats the object, but if the object is to get your dads running again then it'll probably be the cheapest option.

Obviously the best case scenario would be if this one is just an easy fix. Good luck!

He may have just used a basic tester...if the contacts are dirty etc it would not necessarily be accurate.

Keep an eye on this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-DeVi...item20cb2ac76b

K

Craftsman
    I'm watching that one and waiting for the seller to confirm it is a runner! Thanks Keitht :)

Craftsman
    Got it! £165 which is not to bad. Now to get the movements swapped out and surprise my dad :)

Re: Omega Cal 1325 movement?

If you want to send the dead movement to me I will be able to to tell exactly what component(s) are dead... if any, and sourcing replacement or equivalent components is going to be easier than doing so for an entire movement.

If it is fixable then at least you will be able to recover some of your money :-)