closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breguet Type XXI - thoughts?

Breguet Type XXI - thoughts?

I am strongly considering getting one of these - good value it appears pre-owned. Does anyone have any experience of owning one that they can share?

Master
    I know it's not exactly what you asked, but here is a link to a post I did last year when I was toying with getting one. I ended up getting a Sub-C LV instead (I know apples vs pears, but...) and I have no regrets.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...hlight=breguet

The one I was looking to buy was still in the shop the last time I looked and I been back there a number of times since not buying and have had no inclination to buy it. I think the interest faded. I understand that they are costly to service, and it's neither a dress watch or a sports watch IMO.

I look at the images in the post that I did, and it does look nice, but I now can't see myself getting one.

This is one watch that's worth every penny you spend.

Read this review and you'll see how much work goes into making it. I bought it after i read the review.

http://home.watchprosite.com/?show=f...i=1&pi=1883636

I'm a happy owner now..i say break the bank and go for it.

Master
    I would urge you to try and see one in person. I was thinking of one and did look at reviews which were generally very positive but when I saw one (a Type XX though) I wasn't too keen, I do seem to be against the general concensus though.

Looks comically oversized to me, sorry. And the dial is far too busy for my taste.

Hi

Personally I like them....this looked a decent buy 'XX' on chronocentric the other day for 4300 swiss francs (£2800 approx)....and all fully serviced:

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/...=read;id=24981

Best - Neil

Journeyman
    I like it, because it is abig one.

Craftsman
    Although the dial is pretty busy, the hour and minute hands are hefty enough to make reading the time very easy. Have to agree with the rest that trying one beforehand is a must if you're about to drop such a big sum for it.

Somebody turned up with one of these at a Dublin GTG and I was bowled over. I think it's a lovely piece and was OK size-wise on my rather scrawny wrist.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

I can only speak for the Type XX, which I borrowed for a couple of weeks from paul of this manor. It was vile.

Seriously - stunning watch and a maker with as much history and heritage as you could hope for.

Journeyman
    very nice looking watch, nice size too

Would a straight swap, my 2010 PAM 292 for a 2007 type XXI on strap be a good deal? Seller wants an additional £1k on top of the PAM which seems a bit steep

Craftsman
    Great watch. Breuget is an under represented brand in the UK. Would like to see more.

I would post some pics of mine...

But it appears that the forum's resident photographer has already done so, eh Tony...?!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lawnmowerman78 View Post
    I would post some pics of mine...

But it appears that the forum's resident photographer has already done so, eh Tony...?!! ;-)
    Eh, what?

nice looking watch.

Not had one, but I'm a Breguet fan. The Type XX/XXI are a bit of a dress/sport-chrono, rather like the Blancpain Leman (or even FF Chrono) - not really for everyone - quite shiny, and as other have said, they're pretty big. There's no doubt they are quality watches for the money when bought used though.

Craftsman
    Seriously nice watch, but try it on first...I never really liked the way the strap was flush with the case as it made the watch sit funny on my 6 3/4 inch wrist.

I like the type XX better. It appears a little smaller in the flesh than the 40mm would suggest.

Craftsman
    I've been looking at it too. Rather liked the XXI over the XX. For now I decided to go for an JLC Amvox... But it's still on the list...

It is the only watch I have never considered selling. The size is perfect for me at 42mm ( the earlier close up, wide angle photo is EXTREMELY misleading), the details exquisite, and as a chronograph lover the dial is one of the nicest I have come across. I have both the bracelet and the strap, probably prefer the bracelet.

Last edited by I AM LATE!; 10th September 2012 at 21:52.

I don't like the blue IMHO but the picture that the OP has taken make the watch look brilliant,also loving it on the brown strap.Watch looks a good size but I do like big !

And Tony it wasn't your great pictures that put me off .Just the colour.just doesn't do anything for me .

regards
    T
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 10th September 2012 at 23:26.

Master
    One of the few centre minute chronos (most legible chrono display available) that could be considered dressy rather than toolish. That's probably a good thing....