closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Because I have managed to free myself from the everyday grind and unending crapfight of Corporate life and taken early retirement.

And to celebrate:

Not something that I thought I would buy, but when I tried one on it just looked and felt right. And what better reason could there be for buying a watch?

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Congratulations on both counts!

Master
    One of the best watches you can get,well done.
    All the best for your future, must feel great!!

Absolutely, congratulations!

Master
    Congratulations! An all time classic and a very clean dialled non cosc purchase in great condition. Next on the agenda,golf!

Craftsman
    Congratulations on your retirement!
    Joe

Congratulations on your retirement and the watch.
    I took early retirement at the age of 57, it was the best thing I ever did, after a few months you will wonder how you ever had the time to go to work.

Congratulations, Ian.

I wager you'll find yourself busier than ever after a while...

;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Congratulations! Looks great, you'd better bring it with you next week...
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Congrats Ian :-D Great choice of watch as well although the date version may have been better as you won't know what day you're up to anymore

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun View Post
    Nice on both counts! So what will you do now?

I thought about putting it on a Nato?

Oh, I see what you mean.

I don't know yet. I've got one or two options, but I can manage for a couple of years without having to work, so I'll have a look around. I certainly don't want anything which has "objectives" or an annual review!

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I'm enjoying the prospect of not having to answer to anybody!

Regards

Ian

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Congrats Ian :-D Great choice of watch as well although the date version may have been better as you won't know what day you're up to anymore

Thanks - I know what you mean, but I've decided that I don't care what day it is any more!
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Well done Ian, I look forward to catching up next time I am on the south coast.
    Dave

You lucky so-and-so, congrats! Monday morning will be a nice feeling...

Grand Master
    ''must feel great!!''

Only if you can fill the time you have, otherwise life will become quite boring and without point.You have to do something or doing absolutely nothing will be like a prison sentence.

Congrats and all the best for the future.

Massive congratulation Ian, here's wishing you a long and interesting retirement mate

Are you planning to catch up with all those things that you meant to do but corporate life impeded before?

Cheers,
    Gary

Envious about both events!

Watch looks brilliant and early retirement sounds really tempting!

Gratz! Nice purchase. Hope you have a great time with whatever you choose to do.

Well done Ian. I left corporate life in 2005 and went self employed. I can not imagine going back to work for a firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Massive congratulation Ian, here's wishing you a long and interesting retirement mate

Are you planning to catch up with all those things that you meant to do but corporate life impeded before?

Cheers,
    Gary

Thanks, Gary.

I certainly am - coffee morning some time soon? I need to have a chat with Mike and Rocco.

Regards

Ian

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imb1 View Post
    I left corporate life in 2005 and went self employed. I can not imagine going back to work for a firm.
    Ditto from 2007 - now I'm simply unemployable.......

Many congratulations Ian - on the retirement, a watch is just a watch, but you're entering a new book of your life - the sequal. All the best with it

Gotta mirror everyone else's sentiment here, congrats on both, my folks took late retirement, fools i cant wait to retire :-)

Master
    Congratulations on both counts Ian, from our chat the the other day it sounds like you'll be filling your time in an interesting and enjoyable way. I just wish you'd had the new watch on for me to look at!

Congratulations Ian on early retirement and a very fine watch purchase.

You do realise you have just lost your bank holidays don't you? Oh well, swings and roundabouts.

Well done indeed: wish I could manage without a date on my watch...

Master
    Congrats on both counts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

Oh, I see what you mean.

I don't know yet. I've got one or two options, but I can manage for a couple of years without having to work, so I'll have a look around. I certainly don't want anything which has "objectives" or an annual review!

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I'm enjoying the prospect of not having to answer to anybody!

Regards

Ian

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - I know what you mean, but I've decided that I don't care what day it is any more!
    Lol,congrats on both,laughing at this,you could further this feeling by going and sitting on a few beaches for a bit!

Because I have managed to free myself from the everyday grind and unending crapfight of Corporate life and taken early retirement.

And to celebrate:

Not something that I thought I would buy, but when I tried one on it just looked and felt right. And what better reason could there be for buying a watch?

Regards

Ian

No better reason at all for treating yourself, congratulations your a very lucky guy on both counts.

Journeyman

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Congrats on early retirement, good luck for the future, only another 17 for me 😔 and of course a great watch.

Wise choice and enjoy your future.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wey hey, sounds like a brilliant place to be. Great watch too! I suppose you don't need the date anyway now!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Ditto from 2007 - now I'm simply unemployable.......

Many congratulations Ian - on the retirement, a watch is just a watch, but you're entering a new book of your life - the sequal. All the best with it
    I am the same - 1.5 years since starting my own business - I could never go back to the corporate world. Congratulations on being free and owning a truly iconic watch.

Master
    Good for you. I went self employed in 2003, and wish I had done it earlier.

Have wound down now so that I live on my pension, and occasional scraps of work. One of those scraps will be buying me a new watch from our very own Kirk later on today.

Oh, I see what you mean.

Regards

Ian

- - - Updated - - -

I often feel a pang or two of jealousy when I see posts here...but never more so than when I read this one! Only another 20 years or so to go & I will know how you feel Ian. Congratulations

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
    Congratulations Ian on early retirement and a very fine watch purchase.

You do realise you have just lost your bank holidays don't you? Oh well, swings and roundabouts.
    Bank hols vs a life of chronic underpay, incessant politicking and institutional incompetence... hmmm ;)

Congratulations on the former. I mean, not everyone - even if they have the means to self-sustain - has the stones to say bollocks to it all!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Nice one Ian

Now you can take full advantage of life, congratulations on two perfect choices!
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Thanks, Gary.

I certainly am - coffee morning some time soon? I need to have a chat with Mike and Rocco.

Regards

Ian
    Sounds like a good plan to me mate, just drop me a line when you want to come over. Rocco and Mike are very busy at the mo though so it might prudent to drop them a line first.

Look forward to seeing you again : )

Cheers,
    Gary

Master
    Congratulations, well done ;-)

Congrats! I hope you will enjoy a long and healthy retirement :) I gave up too on being a corporate employee 5 years ago... now I'm working as a freelancer for various corporations. Not that big of a difference, but at least I enjoy billing them :)

As for the watch - lovely, lovely, lovely. I do regret selling mine...

Congrats on retirement, and for the last proper Rolex.

Thank you all for your kind remarks. It will take a little while to come to terms with not having any responsibilities, but I'm sure that I'll manage. I was rather hoping that England would be touring the West Indies this winter, but they're going to India instead, and I don't fancy that as much. Still, it's an Ashes summer next year, so I shall be joining the Barmy Army and participating in the communal singing.

To add to my enjoyment this weekend, this arrived a couple of hours ago:

Almost impossible to photograph without getting huge reflections - I'll need to close all of the curtains, or something. I bought the watch and dial last Friday from Doug (dougjb), both new, and the dial swap was done by James (Dreamboat10), who is absolutely remarkable, and did the swap within 24 hours of receiving the watch! So, with grateful thanks to Doug and James, I've got something which I've wanted for quite a while, and a very fine watch it is. I'm blown away by the quality, especially the bracelet, which has solid links (although it still has the trademark cheap feeling Seiko clasp). Bang for buck, Seiko has the value dive watch market covered, with this and the Monster. The model number for the watch, if anybody's interested, is SNZH55. The movement is the non-hacking, non hand-winding 7s36 and the dial was from 10watches/Dagaz. It's not actually black, but a very (very) dark grey, with a fantastic sunburst effect which I can't manage to capture in a photo.

A gratuitous shot of both the FFF and Rolex together:

Once again, thanks for all of your kind comments.

Regards

Ian

Nice one Ian
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Well you can spend the few hours of each day carefully deciding which one to wear

Enjoy, they both look super

Congratulations Ian,

I have a long way to go yet!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations and a great present to yourself

Congrats! More time to spend looking at pictures of watches ;-)

Blog Entries
    Congrats 2x: with the watch and with your retirement. I retired myself at the age of 52 two years ago. And started again doing things I really like: owning a classic car workshop and doing what I studied years ago: teaching 2 graduating classes the Dutch language for 8 hrs. weekly. And I enjoy it!

Enjoy your retirement!

Menno

Congratulations on the early retirement. I am very jealous. My job is currently being 'outsourced' so early retirement is highly desirable but an even more remote a possibility. Working on it though...

Craftsman
    Congratulations Ian, best of luck with the new watch