closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VC overseas

VC overseas

Hi,

Anyone own a VC overseas? Is it a realistic daily wear watch for
    a non millionaire footballer or oil well owner?

Cheers
    Grant

Master
    Absolutely, the finest watch in my collection :-). Looks good even on my sub 7" wrists and feels extremely comfortable on with a decent heft to it but well balanced.

Last edited by SIB; 1st September 2012 at 00:47.

Drool, drool, drool !!

That is stunning, totally.

G

Not an owner, but I'm a big fan of the Overseas. We don't seem to see too many (compared with AP RO's and PP Naut's), probably as there are so few VC AD's outside London. I think it's a very credible alternative to the other two, and arguably it is a better looking watch than either. I particularly like the plain 3 handers, but the Chrono and Dual Time are also very nice looking pieces. They seem to be good value used as well.

Craftsman
    I am a fan of the VC Overseas. Not a watch you are likely to see worn a lot, unlike the Rolex Subs etc. Very poor dealer coverage in the UK, no idea why.

SIB's watch is a cracker, I have a penchant for the Titanium Dual Time at some time in the future

Thats nice, looks like very solid build quality, may need to think about one of these kinds of watches in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    Absolutely, the finest watch in my collection :-). Looks good even on my sub 7" wrists and feels extremely comfortable on with a decent heft to it but well balanced.

Banned
    I have had one before, and I use to wear it everywhere, this gets less attention compared to a rolex daytona imo

Apprentice
    The VC Overseas is one of my favorites.

That one is a beauty : )
    Last edited by Jazzy; 2nd September 2012 at 15:38.

Journeyman
    That's a beauty, certainly prefer it to the Naut, and probably the Royal Oak as well

Gorgeous yet understated. So much classier than the usual suspects.

Craftsman

VC Overseas

Lovely watch - hard to choose between the black dial and the white dial version which is also stunning! Is yours the 49140 (40mm) or 49150 (42mm)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Lovely watch - hard to choose between the black dial and the white dial version which is also stunning! Is yours the 49140 (40mm) or 49150 (42mm)?
    Was thinking the same thing, saw them in self ridges and the whites dial tends to make the face looks a bit bigger

Master
    That one is the 42mm version. Thanks for all the positive comments, I was really just answering the Ops question but nice to get feedback on one of my favorite watches.

Regards the quality it really is in a different league wearing it to the likes of a Daytona which I've also owned. The fit and finish just feels "right" and it really does just ooze quality when you wear it. Shame there are so few ADs in the UK but luckily Hamilton and Inches in Edinburgh happily deal with it for me as they deal with the parents company Richmont through their other brands.

The VC Overseas has been in my 'ideal collection' list for ages. A bit of a bargain used, considering what they retail for new.

Your not helping me Steve...

Banned
    What are the servicing charges like?

always the white, matey

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    always the white, matey

Very,very nice! I'd probably have the black dial to compliment my white dial AP 15300 - but both are lovely.

Banned
    I let mine go simply because I was a flipper.

They are a super watch and a great daiky wearer as it can be recognised as something very run of the mill, or as an exclusive piece.

The integrated lug set up restricts strap choices to OEM, as seems to be the case these days (and the bracelet is fab).

Id have another in a heart beat, but not as my only watch. There is understated and there is unexciting. I'd need other choices in my box to tickle my fancy.

Overseas Chrono ref. 49140

Go for it! The Overseas is a fantastic watch and very few people have one. Only real watch geeks know what it is. Mine gets a lot of wrist time.

JK

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    Very,very nice! I'd probably have the black dial to compliment my white dial AP 15300 - but both are lovely.
    Very very nice, i didnt see any white faced when i was
    recently in harrods. Is this still a current model?

Grand Master

Almost bought one of these a while back off this forum, unfortunately at the time the watch i was selling to fund it developed a fault and had to go back to Panerai, ended up getting an AP ROC which is something i'd wanted for years, but have to say, i still hanker for one of these, if only i could afford it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    What are the servicing charges like?
    Around £800 for a full service and light polish going to Vacheron through the AD.

Sorry for the pics Jacob, you know I can't resist an excuse to put some up of this watch mate!! :-)

I used to own the older 40mm VC Overseas Chronograph, really nice watch which I wish I had kept, ended up selling it to Watches.Co.UK for just 3k.... It was like new too! :(

Craftsman
    Very nice watch. I think I prefer the non-Chrono look.

Craftsman
    My one (sorry about crap pic) - beautifully crafted watch and bracelet.

Jake

According to the guy at harrods, the chrono uses a modified Jaeger
    chronograph movement, all the others are all their own

Cal 1137

The movement in VC Overseas Chrono is a cal. 1137 based on the F. Piguet cal. 1185. It's a top quality movement also used in AP RO Chrono - amongst others.
    JK
    Last edited by soegaard; 2nd September 2012 at 14:42.

Craftsman
    I have wanted a VC Overseas ever since I first set eyes on this ChronoTitanium version. Comes with only a leather or rubber strap. I know the SS bracelet is ridiculously comfortable, which is the downside to this watch but the leather combination looks stunning...Really needs to be seen in the flesh to appreciate
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very handsome watches, particularly the chrono, but is there no leading zero on the "big date" from the first to the ninth of the month?
    That blank space would annoy me, I'm afraid.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Very handsome watches, particularly the chrono, but is there no leading zero on the "big date" from the first to the ninth of the month?
    That blank space would annoy me, I'm afraid.
    If it's good enough for Lange und Sohne it's good enough for me :-)

I'm a complete sucker for big dates, and that one is lovely.

Master
    I adore the VC Overseas, but I simply could not deal with the level of depreciation. I've stuck with the AP ROO.

So what sort of depreciation are we talking about, on average? I haven't followed secondhand prices of these at all.

Edit: OK, a quick look at chrono24 tells me. Still very expensive, but not ludicrously so.
    Last edited by iml; 3rd September 2012 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by monty68 View Post
    According to the guy at harrods, the chrono uses a modified Jaeger
    chronograph movement, all the others are all their own
    Not sure about that but the non chrono uses an unmodified JLC calibre.
    My old one,

Sold it because the servicing cost and wait (don't remember the estimated lead time but it was quite some time according to my AD) was a tad intimidating at the time.

I've got Steve's old one - had it serviced by Vacheron and it was about £750 iirc.

To answer the original question, it's an ideal daily wearer and draws little attention apart from from WIS. Relatively thin for its 42mm case size and very comfy. About as ideal a sports/dress crossover as I could imagine.

By far the best bracelet on any watch I've owned, and I've had a few. The other great thing about this is the box set - pure quality and a real sense of occasion when you go into it.

Journeyman
    wow stunning looking watches

Journeyman
    The VC Overseas look stunning. I would prefer the older version at 40mm.

Blog Entries

Cool

Can't really leave mine out, enjoying some great company on here today....
    Cracking pieces - I'va had a few, certainly 1 of the 'top triangle'

MOVEMENT- in house Vacheron Constantin caliber 1226, automatic self-winding, 28800 vph, 36 jewels, 143 parts, 40 hours power reserve

Last edited by ingenioren; 5th September 2012 at 14:44.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I adore the VC Overseas, but I simply could not deal with the level of depreciation. I've stuck with the AP ROO.
    They do not seem be doing badly if you check chrono24 price levels.....
    I've had my APs ROs as well (only a Huitieme left now...) and they seem pretty much in the same niche as VCs re depreciation (or increases...)

Craftsman
    The more I look at the pictures on this thread the more I want one. Now. Drool..

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    I've got Steve's old one - had it serviced by Vacheron and it was about £750 iirc.

To answer the original question, it's an ideal daily wearer and draws little attention apart from from WIS. Relatively thin for its 42mm case size and very comfy. About as ideal a sports/dress crossover as I could imagine.

By far the best bracelet on any watch I've owned, and I've had a few. The other great thing about this is the box set - pure quality and a real sense of occasion when you go into it.

Oh thank you very much chaps, i haven't been looking recently but now I need one of these pronto.. :drool:
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Blog Entries

Post reserrection

Just stunning watches!
    I guess the servicing cost id comparable with AP and PP?

M

Master
    Service costs are quotes a number of times as £750-800 although that was 4 years back now

Master
    There's a 38mm three-hander for sale here in Singapore for approx £3.5k at the moment - seems like a good way to test the waters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    There's a 38mm three-hander for sale here in Singapore for approx £3.5k at the moment - seems like a good way to test the waters!

Any pictures, link or model number?

Master

VC overseas

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    It's a Overseas Ref 42042/423A:

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/1...423A-6800-ONLY

It's a Overseas Ref 42042/423A:

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/1...423A-6800-ONLY

One needs to be a member to read the post....

The Overseas really is a fine watch. Everything from the size, feel, finish, weight and supremely comfortable bracelet is perfect. I opted for the dual time as I had several chronos at the time. A perfect everyday watch in my opinion.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I believe they are 37mm but it may depend where it's measured due to the crown guards. Either way, it's beautifully sized, and wears a little larger on the wrist. The movement is based on a GP ebauche but none the worse for it, it's extensively improved and decorated, though there's no display back to admire it through. The bracelet is from a different era to the recent designs, but the quality of the whole piece is very much there. With prices of the new 40mm ultra thin pushing into second mortgage territory, these have the ultra-thin feel and are well worth a look. There's even a quartz version with the same case, which go for a fair bit less and wouldn't need much in the way of servicing. There were also a couple of smaller sizes available, so keep an eye out for that when searching.

While the dial looks plain black in this picture, it's actually a beautiful black with grey sunburst, while the white one has a more textured dial.

Last edited by Itsguy; 7th August 2016 at 16:54.